Greetings Fellow Frog Drivers - 2009 Renault Koleos just bought
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim Luck

Thread: Greetings Fellow Frog Drivers - 2009 Renault Koleos just bought

Default Greetings Fellow Frog Drivers - 2009 Renault Koleos just bought

HI All,
    Just popped in to say hello introduce myself.
    I just bought a very low km 2009 Koleos for my wife finally ridding us of the mini brigade (2003 Getz and 2007 Kia Rio). Both fun cars ini their own right but too damn small for a family with two growings kids.

We had owned the renowned Scenic RX4 back in 2001 and disposed of it only because at that time the parts were so damn expensive it was bound to bleed us dry. Some may dispute that but it as my first encounter with all 4 discs and brakes wearing out at the same time after 35,000 kms.
    Having said that though it was a great little car and was sadly missed.

Recently my wife conceeded that maybe her much loved Rio manual should be replaced by something bigger.

And we happened upon a loved but little driven Blue Koleos (sub 50k kms) which will arrive in the stable soon.

I had been pushing this barrow for a while, medium SUV yadda yadda yadda.
    I had gone as far as test driving SSaynong Korando which is not a bad little beast for the dollars as is fully equipped and has a good heritage for the engine.
    CX5 & Rav -4 too dear,
    Captiva 5 Series II looked the goods 26k drive away with nearly everything that opened and closed.
    And of course Koleos and Renault had been doing some drive away deals but I had my heart set on a sunroof (not that we have one now anyway) but that was on the shopping list.

But We decided no new cars save the money but then the Minister of Finance made the statement about larger and bingo the search was on. We have already sold the Getz for 3500. Asking 6500 for the Rio.
    Which makes our upgrade cost 3000 !!! Good value in my book.

Advertisement

Will post pictures when she arrives.

It should have pride of place but alas my trusty 1988 Mercedes 300CE Zender Coupe has the undercover spot tied up (even as far as one of those ridiculous No Parking Mercedes Cars Only signs) affixed to the wall.

I did have a question some might be able to answer about the various multimedia upgrade units offered on fleabay. One puts a multimedia screen in pace of the oh so horrid orange screen and relocates the said orange thing into the front of the paneling facing upwards. Don't know how you could read it when it faces up but there must be method to their madness.

Anyone taken this route or could suggest if its worth it or a suitable other option ?

Greetings Fellow Frog Drivers - 2009 Renault Koleos just bought-koleos-dvd-player.jpgGreetings Fellow Frog Drivers - 2009 Renault Koleos just bought-koleos-multimedia.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stormtigers View Post
    HI All,
    Just popped in to say hello introduce myself.
    I just bought a very low km 2009 Koleos for my wife finally ridding us of the mini brigade (2003 Getz and 2007 Kia Rio). Both fun cars ini their own right but too damn small for a family with two growings kids.

We had owned the renowned Scenic RX4 back in 2001 and disposed of it only because at that time the parts were so damn expensive it was bound to bleed us dry. Some may dispute that but it as my first encounter with all 4 discs and brakes wearing out at the same time after 35,000 kms.
    Having said that though it was a great little car and was sadly missed.

Recently my wife conceeded that maybe her much loved Rio manual should be replaced by something bigger.

And we happened upon a loved but little driven Blue Koleos (sub 50k kms) which will arrive in the stable soon.

I had been pushing this barrow for a while, medium SUV yadda yadda yadda.
    I had gone as far as test driving SSaynong Korando which is not a bad little beast for the dollars as is fully equipped and has a good heritage for the engine.
    CX5 & Rav -4 too dear,
    Captiva 5 Series II looked the goods 26k drive away with nearly everything that opened and closed.
    And of course Koleos and Renault had been doing some drive away deals but I had my heart set on a sunroof (not that we have one now anyway) but that was on the shopping list.

But We decided no new cars save the money but then the Minister of Finance made the statement about larger and bingo the search was on. We have already sold the Getz for 3500. Asking 6500 for the Rio.
    Which makes our upgrade cost 3000 !!! Good value in my book.

Will post pictures when she arrives.

It should have pride of place but alas my trusty 1988 Mercedes 300CE Zender Coupe has the undercover spot tied up (even as far as one of those ridiculous No Parking Mercedes Cars Only signs) affixed to the wall.

I did have a question some might be able to answer about the various multimedia upgrade units offered on fleabay. One puts a multimedia screen in pace of the oh so horrid orange screen and relocates the said orange thing into the front of the paneling facing upwards. Don't know how you could read it when it faces up but there must be method to their madness.

Anyone taken this route or could suggest if its worth it or a suitable other option ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koleos dvd player.JPG 
Views:	441 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	56958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koleos multimedia.JPG 
Views:	304 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	56959
    I just stick my multi-media Windows phone in front of the orange screen and use it as a navigator. I also use it with a bluetooth adaptor for music and phone. I guess if I wanted I could stream movies as well but I don't think I should be watching them......

P.S: Welcome to Aussiefrogs!
    85Fuego likes this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information