Renault Caravelle - Klaxton Horns ?
  • Help
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Renault Caravelle - Klaxton Horns ?

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    986

    Default Renault Caravelle - Klaxton Horns ?

    Hi fellow Froggers

    The Klaxtons fitted to my Caravelle sound dull and boring. My R8 has the town and Country horns fitted and sound great.

    Is there anyway to adjust the Klaxton to sound sporty or are they just dull and boring from manufacture.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    PS: If any body out there has a set of R8 town and country horns they don't want, I would love to hear from you.

    Cheers Phil

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts renault8&10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,425

    Default

    Most of those old horns I thought had an adjustment screw that changes the pitch (presumably by changing pressure on the diaphram?).
    Maybe have a look at the horn body for clues.
    I don't have any spare horns, but on my everyday car, I installed a Stebel Nautilus compact air horn I got off eBay. Highly recommended. Have a search online; eBay etc. They are a great little horn for this type of application and arguably no bigger than an existing horn.
    KB


  3. #3
    1000+ Posts Kim Luck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    18,563

    Default

    This is an appropriate way of advertising your presence. You don't have to watch the whole lot to get the idea!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Hi Kim. Aha not quite what I'm after !! Ha ha Phil

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Thanks KB. I'll research it.

    Phil

  6. #6
    the famous 18E pug206gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    11,055

    Icon6

    G'day,
    love it.
    regards,
    Les W.


    206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?








  7. #7
    Too many posts! JohnW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    11,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R8philSA View Post
    Hi fellow Froggers

    The Klaxtons fitted to my Caravelle sound dull and boring. My R8 has the town and Country horns fitted and sound great.

    Is there anyway to adjust the Klaxton to sound sporty or are they just dull and boring from manufacture.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    PS: If any body out there has a set of R8 town and country horns they don't want, I would love to hear from you.

    Cheers Phil
    I agree but can't help with a spare set of town and country horns. However, there are interesting aftermarket old horns on ebay France (Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay). The photo shows what I have in my 4CV - fabulous combined with the original high pitch device and a relay to protect the switch. The French horns have excellent tone IMHO.

    The brand is Sanor. Here are some example: Sanor | eBay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renault Caravelle - Klaxton Horns ?-new-horn-installed-jan-2014.jpg  
    JohnW

    Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

    National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

  8. #8
    the famous 18E pug206gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    11,055

    Icon6

    Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Most of those old horns I thought had an adjustment screw that changes the pitch (presumably by changing pressure on the diaphram?).
    Maybe have a look at the horn body for clues.
    I don't have any spare horns, but on my everyday car, I installed a Stebel Nautilus compact air horn I got off eBay. Highly recommended. Have a search online; eBay etc. They are a great little horn for this type of application and arguably no bigger than an existing horn.


    G'day,
    I have a HD rebranded one on my bike. It scares the shit out of everyone.
    Good value.
    regards,
    Les W.


    206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?








  9. #9
    Member Cyber-PAPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Paris ( FRANCE)
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Hello my friends

    I take the opportunity of this old file to mention that I have developped a copy of the original Jericho Horns
    with the good sound 440Hertz and 560 Hz
    and the good shape.

    You can buy only a pair of horns and fit it with your own grids
    or a complete set

    Left horn is the copy and right the original Klaxon Jericho 8 horn
    Renault Caravelle - Klaxton Horns ?-klaxon.jpg



    Pair of Horns with spring and adaptation plate is 40 euros
    Stainless steel Grid is 35 euros each
    Horn Fixation brackets (Left & Right) 20 euros
    Freight 30 euros

    You can pay with Paypal

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts garyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    I always wanted a doorbell that sounded like The Addams family.
    Once upon a time:


    Many R4s (incl. fourgonnette), R5LS, R16TS.


    GS 1015, 1220, sedans and wagons.
    CX 2200, 2400.
    ID 1966, 1969, DS21H, DSpecial, DS23 Pallas.
    C5 2002, 2004 petrol and diesel.
    D Special 1974
    Xantia Activa 1998 (look out Gulargambone)
    GS 5 speed sedan (what a tale)
    1986 2CV6
    CX25GTi 1985 auto
    CX2500 IE Pallas 1985 auto
    DS23EFI 1975 Pallas

    And now:

    C5 2.2 HDI 2005 wagon
    DS23 1973 Pallas

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts renault8&10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    I always wanted a doorbell that sounded like The Addams family.
    With a Thing?
    KB


  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-PAPY View Post
    Hello my friends

    I take the opportunity of this old file to mention that I have developped a copy of the original Jericho Horns
    with the good sound 440Hertz and 560 Hz
    and the good shape.

    You can buy only a pair of horns and fit it with your own grids
    or a complete set

    Left horn is the copy and right the original Klaxon Jericho 8 horn
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	klaxon.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	89612



    Pair of Horns with spring and adaptation plate is 40 euros
    Stainless steel Grid is 35 euros each
    Horn Fixation brackets (Left & Right) 20 euros
    Freight 30 euros

    You can pay with Paypal
    Hello Cyber-PAPY.
    Its been 2 years since I put my inquiry on aussiefrogs and I'm still interested in a set of horns that sound like the R8 town and country horns.
    I just need the horns, I have a Caravelle with all the fittings so only need horns.
    So, what will be the final cost including postage to Adelaide, South Australia.
    I have a Paypal account but need payment details.
    I await your reply. Do by Private Message if you like.

    Cheers
    Phil

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Warrawee NSW
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Why not check out pre 2000 Mercedes horns or Lexus SC400 as they have a very similar sound.

    I use Lexus horns on my fun cars as they do move slow people very quickly.

    My daily driver is a Mercedes 320ML and the horn is VERY effective.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Cyber-Papy.
    Do your horns fix to the original mounts of a caravelle?

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    I always wanted a doorbell that sounded like The Addams family.

    I always wanted one that sounded, There's somebody at the door!
    If you've got too much traction, you haven't got enough horse power ...




    .2010 Holden Commodore Ute
    2001 Renault Sport Clio Cup 27 of 85
    1973 Alpine Renault A310/4 1600 VE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •