Renault Purchase Experience.
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Nod

Thread: Renault Purchase Experience.

Nod

Default Renault Purchase Experience.

Went to Peter Warren at Liverpool two Saturdays ago to look at a 208 GTI a friend was looking to purchase and to look at a Koleos which had been added to my work's salary sacrifice list. No intention to purchase a vehicle.

Left two hours later having purchased a Koleos Phase 3 Bose 4x2 Diesel Auto "demonstrator" with 12 klms. Collected last Saturday. The three reasons for the purchase were:

1) The vehicle itself. Drives very well and in my view, greatly under rated.

Advertisement

2) Current Renault deals. 1% interest over three years, 5 year unlimited warranty, three year fixed price servicing, $818.00 per year full comprehensive insurance from Renault (underwritten by Alliance) new for old replacement for three years, free road side assist etc. There were several additional benefits by purchasing from Peter Warren and having the vehicle serviced there, that continue beyond the factory warranty.

3) Dealing with Kevin (sales manager), Jessica (sales rep) and Daniela (finance). Their product knowledge and professionalism was excellent. Daniela happily went through various calculations, before I even expressed an interest in taking the Koleos for a test drive. Similarly, a valuation for my 2007 407 diesel touring was provided within 20 mins. and after some brief discussions, I was offered within $250.00 of the amount I was seeking for my trade in, and the purchase price was also substantially reduced. There was no hard pressure sell about taking the offer that day. I decided to test drive the car and on return agreed to the deal.

Again, no hard pressure sell to purchase paint protection, interior protection etc (received an email two days later outlining the products, should I wish to purchase them). Daniela and Jessica kept me informed through the week and I did not have to ring them or chase them down for anything. Kevin's hand over of the vehicle was so comprehensive I have not had to consult the hand book(up to now) about any of the controls.

I had planned to keep the 407 for a further 18 months to two years as it had been excellent for my needs and extremely reliable. Whilst I was reluctant to let the 407 go, the deal was substantially more beneficial than salary sacrificing. Again my thanks to Kevin, Jessica and Daniela, it was a positive experience.
    Kim Luck, addo, 68 404 and 2 others like this.

Thank you Nod.

I guess we all need to hear real experiences from the front line.

Welcome to the world of Renault away from those nasty Pugs

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Hey Nod, isn't it amazing how those cars sell themselves? Good to see that even recent models haven't lost their charisma. Hope you have many trouble-free km driving your new pride and joy.
    1968 R8G 1300
    1965 R8G 1100
    1972 R12G
    1978 Virage
    1977 R12XL
    1971 R10
    1968 R10

Hi Nod, I have bought three cars from Kevin and have always found them to be great. We bought a Koleos Bose but in petrol and it's been great, I think you will be really pleased.
    We're you looking with your wife ?? I was at the dealership a few weekends ago picking something up and had a brief chat with a gentleman who was a Peugeot man ....my have been you?
    Congrats on the car, I think you will love it.
    Cheers
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Nod

Hi Dom. In all likelihood it was my wife and I as I remember speaking to a person who spoke very highly of the Koleos. The immediate cynic in me thought you may be a dealer "plant", but realized you were genuine when Kevin told me, after you had left, you were an aussiefrogger.

Thank you for the welcome to the Renault forum. My first Renault in over 30 years as my first cars were (secondhand) R10, 3 x R16TS and a R20TS. Peugeots up till the Koleos purchase. Still retain a 2011 308HDI Touring (wife's daily driver) and a 1993 405 Mi16 (just for the enjoyment).

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    Hi Dom. In all likelihood it was my wife and I as I remember speaking to a person who spoke very highly of the Koleos. The immediate cynic in me thought you may be a dealer "plant", but realized you were genuine when Kevin told me, after you had left, you were an aussiefrogger.

Thank you for the welcome to the Renault forum. My first Renault in over 30 years as my first cars were (secondhand) R10, 3 x R16TS and a R20TS. Peugeots up till the Koleos purchase. Still retain a 2011 308HDI Touring (wife's daily driver) and a 1993 405 Mi16 (just for the enjoyment).
    Hey Nod, it's great that you bought a Koleos, my wife laughed at your comment about me being a dealer " plant " .... I like the product so when ever I can I like to pass on my experience with other people. Not only am I a aussiefroger I am the promotions person for the Renault Car club of Australia. If your a Facebook user, look us up.
    Before Renault came back to Oz in 2001, I had a string of Peugeots, 205 GTI, Ser 2 405 Mi16, 306 s16, 306 Gti 6 and a 406 sv special ( it was the MD of Peugeot, so it had the full body kit, wheels, Gutman exhaust etc etc, great car paid a heap for it ....sold it with 24 k on the clock for less than half what I paid for it....decided never to buy a Peugeot again)

Congrats on the car again, you will love it.

Dom
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Hi Nod,
    What trade-in value was the 407SW?

Fellow Frogger!

hello nod same experience my wife and I had at barry bourke Berwick twelve months ago,20,000km later our koleos diesel 4x4 has been faultless , a replacement for 04 scenic rx4 which clocked up210,000km very reliably

koleos diesel 4x4 has been faultless

Nod

davidtl pm sent.

Thread Information