electric fuel pump installation? R8
  • Help

Default electric fuel pump installation? R8

Hello All....There are a million opinions about electric fuel pump installation on the interweb. I will be running mine with an inertia switch from a mid 90's ford in case of impact/ rollover. Would you guys run a relay set up? Also, most installs call for running off of the ignition switch... that is a lot of wire to run on a rear engined car. Most people frown at running off of the coil, is there a more suitable location to draw switched on juice from (starter solenoid,etc.) ? Thanks, Ben

Advertisement

I have taken a extra wire from the coil + to a relay hidden in the engine compartment. That won't hurt the coil power. An additional wire from the battery terminal on the starter motor to the contacts of the coil and then on the other side of the contacts to 2 or 3 or more points on a bridged terminal block. This is then used for accessories at the back that needs power with ignition.
    Regards
    Frans,
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

When I initially got my R10, I ran a 7 core "trailer" wire from dashboard to engine compartment. I have used 1 wire each for Rev. counter, oil press., temp gauges and electric fuel pump, That leaves me 3 spares.
    Having an elec. fuel pump in a car that is not driven regularly, really saves the starter motor/ring gear.

Henry

LPG safety switch on the Bingham.
    Once I thought I was wrong but, I was mistaken

Thread Information