R10s or R12 Air Filter Assembly for RENAULT CARAVELLE
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: R10s or R12 Air Filter Assembly for RENAULT CARAVELLE

Default R10s or R12 Air Filter Assembly for RENAULT CARAVELLE

Hi fellow R8,R10s and R12 froggers.

I need your help!

I have what I think to be a R10s OR modified R12 Air filter assembly fitted to my R8 which is connected to a twin throat Weber 32 DIR 4 down draft carburettor. And it works perfectly.

Now I want to convert the old single throat Solex set up fitted to my CARAVELLE to the same set up as on the R8.

I have the R10s manifold, I have the twin throat Weber Carbie and linkages, gaskets etc.

What I need is a Carbie ''Air Filter Assembly'' that will go onto the Weber carbie, and I know I will have to modify it a bit to make it work, that's OK by me.

What I'm after is the same set up as what is fitted to my R8 (see attached photos) so if anybody out there has an old R10s OR R12 Air Filter Assembly sitting around they don't want I would love to hear from you. I'm willing to pay for it and/or postage.

Advertisement

many thanks

philR10s or R12 Air Filter Assembly for RENAULT CARAVELLE-dscf2900.jpgR10s or R12 Air Filter Assembly for RENAULT CARAVELLE-dscf2901.jpg

Our Caravelle in Kenya had the twin choke Weber and appropriate filter, so the item should be around as a Caravelle part, but I agree it is probably exactly the same as a 10S or 8S item.

I expect one or more of the likely suspects will come good! Jacques in USA might have such a thing too.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

JohnW is correct, what you want is an 8S/10S type, the 12 type is totally different and won't suit. Also the US spec air filter has a different base to suit the Solex type twin choke carby fitted to certain models, it is also unlikely to suit without a certain amount of modification.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Thanks John. Hopefully something will turn up.

Phil

What does the base of the original air cleaner look like Phil? Could you do a job on your original one and cut the centre out to suit. In other words convert it to a R10S air cleaner base?
    cheers,

John

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Phil, I think I have what you want, will have to check, I have wrecked a couple of R10S's and have a bunch of stuff under the house. Won't be tonight, but will check prob tomoz and come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by R8philSA View Post
    Hi fellow R8,R10s and R12 froggers.

I need your help!

I have what I think to be a R10s OR modified R12 Air filter assembly fitted to my R8 which is connected to a twin throat Weber 32 DIR 4 down draft carburettor. And it works perfectly.

Now I want to convert the old single throat Solex set up fitted to my CARAVELLE to the same set up as on the R8.

I have the R10s manifold, I have the twin throat Weber Carbie and linkages, gaskets etc.

What I need is a Carbie ''Air Filter Assembly'' that will go onto the Weber carbie, and I know I will have to modify it a bit to make it work, that's OK by me.

What I'm after is the same set up as what is fitted to my R8 (see attached photos) so if anybody out there has an old R10s OR R12 Air Filter Assembly sitting around they don't want I would love to hear from you. I'm willing to pay for it and/or postage.

many thanks

philClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2900.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	55942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2901.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	55943

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    JohnW is correct, what you want is an 8S/10S type, the 12 type is totally different and won't suit. Also the US spec air filter has a different base to suit the Solex type twin choke carby fitted to certain models, it is also unlikely to suit without a certain amount of modification.
    Thanks Simon. Yes it looks like I'll be modifying the one I have. Bit if messing around but I love messing around with my car bits.

Cheers Phil

I actually have a filter assembly of an early R10 and if nothing turns up, I'll simply modify it to suit the oval cutout of the weber plus the oil fume tube from the rocker box cover. Nice simple little project to keep me busy in between looking after Sally who bye the way is improving each day.

Cheers Phil

Wow 'renosprite', I'll hang out for you to check under the house. You might save me a heap of modification work.
    I see you are in Roselands NSW. My wife came from Kingsgrove so I'm very familiar with the suburb. We used to go to Roselands shopping centre all the time in my 1964 R8 back in 1968 to 1972, great shopping there hopefully it's still is.
    Thanks again for your time to search, let me know your sale price and I'll pay postage.

Cheers

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by RENOSPRITE View Post
    but will check prob tomoz and come back to you.
    prob tomoz? what are you 21?

totes amazeballs! LOL

KB
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    prob tomoz? what are you 21?

totes amazeballs! LOL

KB
    Sorry KB, can't understand your comment !

Thread Information