Never heard of one of these............
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By David Cavanagh

Thread: Never heard of one of these............

Fellow Frogger!

Default Never heard of one of these............

Renault Alliance L convertible 1985 for sale - PreWarCar

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Renault 9 meets can opener. Check out those fantastic seats! Love it.

Yeah, it's the Yank version of the R9.
    I've seen Alliances done for racing in the USA in some ads. Kind of funny, like a modern R12 race car. Would be pure fun
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Fellow Frogger!

I owned a low mileage renault 11 1.4 automatic in the uk( hatch version of the renault 9). It was such an awful thing I drove it twice and relisted it on ebay. It was the hateful auto and the overly heavy steering that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_R16TS View Post
    I owned a low mileage renault 11 1.4 automatic in the uk( hatch version of the renault 9). It was such an awful thing I drove it twice and relisted it on ebay. It was the hateful auto and the overly heavy steering that did it.
    That's interesting Dave. We had a 9 here in Melb with a 1.4 auto and loved it. It was a UK import and it was great. 1984 model. It weighed nothing and I remember how hard it went. My brother in law had a 17TL and this little 1.4 automatic would out accelerate it. It a very nimble, light and very easy to drive, and I always thought that was one of Renault's many marketing mistakes not selling them here. But a car is only as good as he one you compare it to and what did we have in 84. The awful 18 was dead, the titanic R20 was going and the hair dressers sport car Fuego was being old without power steer and noisy TRX tyres.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    That's interesting Dave. We had a 9 here in Melb with a 1.4 auto and loved it. It was a UK import and it was great. 1984 model. It weighed nothing and I remember how hard it went. My brother in law had a 17TL and this little 1.4 automatic would out accelerate it. It a very nimble, light and very easy to drive, and I always thought that was one of Renault's many marketing mistakes not selling them here. But a car is only as good as he one you compare it to and what did we have in 84. The awful 18 was dead, the titanic R20 was going and the hair dressers sport car Fuego was being old without power steer and noisy TRX tyres.
    I suspect it was knackered, despite its 40,000 miles i don't think an unserviced life in London had done it any favours. It was a very reluctant gearbox but i cant explain the truly awful steering weight. I had driven a manual one previously which was much better. Maybe it had been lead lined?

On another note you'll be pleased to note I am in the process of adding to the fleet with a Peugeot 505 GTI Executive. Automatic so hopefully my better half will consider to drive it. Hopefully it's not a hateful thing. Details to follows.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_R16TS View Post
    I suspect it was knackered, despite its 40,000 miles i don't think an unserviced life in London had done it any favours. It was a very reluctant gearbox but i cant explain the truly awful steering weight. I had driven a manual one previously which was much better. Maybe it had been lead lined?

On another note you'll be pleased to note I am in the process of adding to the fleet with a Peugeot 505 GTI Executive. Automatic so hopefully my better half will consider to drive it. Hopefully it's not a hateful thing. Details to follows.
    I've got one of them. 505 Exec. Full option with leather and all the goodies, great car, looks fantastic. It's on club plates and I use it when I can.
    Ron Boulton likes this.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Thread Information