Renault Megane II X84 Headlights with a mind of their own!
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Renault Megane II X84 Headlights with a mind of their own!

Default Renault Megane II X84 Headlights with a mind of their own!

A friend at work has the above car and just put in a new battery. It's now not drivable as it keeps turning on its headlights in the middle of the night or day or at random whenever it's parked & switched off. The auto headlight is not on via the switch & plastic emergency key will soon wear out from over use. Anyone else had a similar issue?

Advertisement
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

I'm a subscriber to basic electrics on cars but as everything is now on Can-Bus who knows what part of the system your friend has offended by changing the battery. Sounds like a visit to the diagnostic clinic.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Hi
    I have no specific answer. However if that happened to my Citroen I would do a controlled reboot.

Turn everything off in the car, make sure the auto headlights are set to off, all windows up, doors shut, ignition off. Remove the battery lead for a couple of minutes then replace postively ensuring there is no double connection as it contacts.

Worth a try with modern over complicated cars when they play up, particularly after a battery has been disconnected.
    Jaahn

Thanks everyone I will pass on the BSI reset suggestion yet have a feeling that has been tried. The smart key adds another level of frustration, otherwise a kill switch would be a simple fix on an older car
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Thread Information