Renault Latitude- Remarkable number of used cars for sale in Australia.
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Renault Latitude- Remarkable number of used cars for sale in Australia.

Default Renault Latitude- Remarkable number of used cars for sale in Australia.

I have been looking at an Australian online sales site for used cars and noticed that there are seventy three Renault Latitude cars for sale. This seems to be a disproportional number given that this model would not have been sold in large numbers. Many of the cars have low kilometers traveled and I wonder why they are being offered for sale so earlier in the life of the car.

Advertisement

I would be interested in hearing the views of members and particularly those that own this model.

Nothing inherently wrong with them - just saw about 3 thousand of them being used as taxis in Korea, so I suspect they are durable enough!

They look better in their original Samsung guise I think, get a nicer Laguna style dash and can be had with a 4 cylinder petrol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Samsung_SM5

Just another unknown quantity in the Australian market, if they had Nissan badges on them they would sell like hotcakes.
    Last edited by Haakon; 1st May 2014 at 09:28 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

In the middle of last year I rented one from Europcar ( I think ) at the Gold Coast.
    Maybe the source of some of them?

David

Btw it was a pretty good drive.
    Responsive enough, great economy and comfortable enough.
    Overall very good, but it did not excell in any areas in my assessment.

I'm pretty sure if you do a search there's been about three threads started by people who have them and absolutely love them. I seem to remember one owner having problems with the massaging seats. Didn't work maybe. But otherwise nothing I can think of.

Based on Samsung models and built in Korea, but with the engineering backing of Renault. Like the Koleos and Fluence.

Via the aussiefrogs App

1000+ Posts

They were used as hire cars in Tassie so perhaps some come from Budget and have reached their use by date.

Fellow Frogger!

Oh my god. I just had a look and now I feel dirty. Used car dealers just don't ever learn do they. The car in question is not cheap with the Km's

2011 RENAULT LATITUDE X43 LUXE

FIXED PRICE FORMULA! We put our 'Best Price First' - and buyers love it! We sell over 100 cars a month. Such high turnover means we can operate with lower margins, resulting in a far better price for you! Such a pricing strategy brings customers from all over Victoria and interstate so be QUICK!

We pride ourselves on having the BEST VALUE CARS IN VICTORIA!

GENUINE ENQUIRIES ONLY, we price our cars to be amongst the MOST COMPETITIVE in the State!

Let Us Make Buying Your New car Easy.

The biggest and best Used Car dealer in Victoria, delivering BELOW MARKET PRICES DIRECT TO THE PUBLIC. With the biggest, most comprehensive selection of vehicles to suit any budget. With onsite parking,

and conveniently located. We pride

ourselves on being a World of Cars!

Our cars are the Best Value in Victoria! And all vehicles come with a

Complimentary Mechanical Protection Plan.

Call or Email us now for an appointment!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by kiamaian View Post
    I have been looking at an Australian online sales site for used cars and noticed that there are seventy three Renault Latitude cars for sale. This seems to be a disproportional number given that this model would not have been sold in large numbers. Many of the cars have low kilometers traveled and I wonder why they are being offered for sale so earlier in the life of the car.

I would be interested in hearing the views of members and particularly those that own this model.
    Many would have been dealer demo models or Government staff cars. Mine arrives soon with beige seats,diesel engine and white paint, the first to be ordered in this setup. will post pics and reviews when it arrives. My research into this model has proven its a good buy and value for money.
    Last edited by niks; 25th August 2014 at 07:36 PM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Many would have been dealer demo models or staff cars. Mine arrives soon with beige seats,diesel engine and white paint, the first to be ordered in this setup. will post pics and reviews when it arrives. My research into this model has proven its a good buy and value for money.
    Is it the pearl paint or just plain white? Why has it taken so long? Has it come from the factory because it was a special colour combination for the seats? Why beige seats?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Is it the pearl paint or just plain white? Why has it taken so long? Has it come from the factory because it was a special colour combination for the seats? Why beige seats?
    It was a factory order as none existed here with what i wanted. Plain white as easy to repaint /maintain.
    Beige seats as they are what I like and want. I buy what i want not what sits on the floor as i do not have the need to want things yesterday. Fundamentally Im a person who thinks for themself and not what others think. I work constantly at releasing the need of ego, the need to judge,need to control and the need to be approved by others.
    Sunroof likes this.

When I win lotto and order myself a Tesla Model S, I will get it in plain white with beige leather. Its a nice combination IMO.
    DanielBendigo likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Whats a tesla model s never heard of it it must be an ozzie built car or yank job. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Whats a tesla model s never heard of it it must be an ozzie built car or yank job. LOL
    It's an electric car. With a petrol-like range, and a price competitive with Internal Combustion Engines. It's a premium product though, so the price is Merc E-Class BMW 5 series competitive. I'm also hoping to win Tattslotto.
    Tesla Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fellow Frogger!

Oh just did a google and saw its an overpriced electric car that only can do 500klm on a charge. hell my Latitude will do in excess of 1000klm on a tank full I dont care how fast it gets to 100 but its no slouch as it is. Also when the browns gas devices for running on water start to hit the market I will do even better like double the mileage for a fraction of the cost. hell the original Tesla car did not even require a charge or battery it just ran on the energy available from our atmosphere at no cost but the ******s who want us to pay for the rest of our lives to keep them in charge will not let real technology out to us till we wake up and put them out of circulation by not giving them the time of the day let alone our labour.

There's a 2012 Latitude diesel in WA on carsales for $17,500. Less than 10,000k's, and judging by the leather trim and wheels, I'd guess it's a Luxe. They do appear to have those awkward card ignition keys though. Absolute bargain.

Doubt a luxe they all have leather... For that price a 2.5 ltr they suck fuel granted smoother than diesel but not value performance wise over cost to run... Not sure why don't like key card yes its wider than other car have but half width

Via the aussiefrogs App

Ah, OK. Probably base model then. Is a diesel though.

2012 Renault Latitude X43 MY12 Sports Automatic

Many of the Latitudes on carsales etc are demos with little more than a couple of thousand kays on them. The dealers create a false impression of the amount of genuine used cars on the market. If you select private used cars only the true numbers are there.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    They do appear to have those awkward card ignition keys though.
    The key card is absolutely great. Stick it in your pocket (or handbag if that's your thing) and forget it. They have presence locks and ignition. This is one of the best features I love it.

not including on roads so closer to $20k if diesel even in base trim with that Kms is a pretty good buy still has 30,000+ ish free service and balance of 5 year ...

Fellow Frogger!

Renault said they have not been bringing in base models.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    The key card is absolutely great. Stick it in your pocket (or handbag if that's your thing) and forget it. They have presence locks and ignition. This is one of the best features I love it.
    They just seem too big and bulky to stick in your pocket without being damaged. I'd much prefer a smaller key.

On the more upmeerkat models, you don't need a key! Even I got used to the "slice"!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    They just seem too big and bulky to stick in your pocket without being damaged. I'd much prefer a smaller key.
    Not half as big as a mobile phone and much lighter, can't see why they would get damaged without doing damage to yourself. Have carried a mobile in my pocket on my farm ever since mobiles would fit in your pocket and never had one damaged so don't see that the key would be any different.

And another plus! The card doesn't wear a hole in your pocket and impale your software when you sit down......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

As with others do not find big and bulky... Have it and other car which is much thicker (saves a trip if need something out of either) in pocket most times and need to feel around to make sure there... but each to own

Via the aussiefrogs App

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information