Laguna Card HELP!
  • Help

Default Laguna Card HELP!

We only have one key for our laguna. My wife was sick of the cracked case so I bought a replacement on ebay. When cutting the glued down battery clip I managed to slice it off from the circuit board. I have since discovered my soldering skills are not what I thought they were and have destroyed the battery holder.

I know about the guy in the uk, however the three week wait with a car that won't lock is going to be a challenge. (The passenger door lock has become disconnected somehow, the key turns but doesn't do anything)

My hope is someone has an old or damaged card lying around that I could remove the battery clip and attach it to mine. Of course I'm happy to pay for the card and any postage costs. PM me if you can help.

Thanks in advance
    Damon

Advertisement
    - '03 Xsara VTS -

I dont have a spare either, and my working card only opens (doesn't lock) and starts the car.

What you may or may not know, with all the doors closed, if you access via a rear door, you can lock the car via the center console.

Since you don't have a working card to unlock the car, you'll need to use the emergency key in the card, and enter via the passenger door (lifting the plastic cover to expose the lock).

Of course you are going to need a card to start the car in that 3 week turn around?

Hope that helps,

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Tadpole

Damon, I have an old key. From memory it doesn't open but does start. I also have the wallet as well. My Laguna was written off so they are no longer needed.

Terry, pm sent.

David, unfortunately the passenger key lock doesn't do anything, key turns but doesn't lock or unlock
    - '03 Xsara VTS -

IWS

Damon,

Might I suggest that if you do source another card that you do NOT attempt the job of extracting the battery holder and attaching to your damaged key card? Given the tech skills you displayed the first time around (sorry - but has to be said!) I fear that you will end up with TWO non functioning cards :-(

Better to find a good auto sparky to do the work for you I think?

Just saying ...

Ian

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by IWS View Post
    Damon,

Might I suggest that if you do source another card that you do NOT attempt the job of extracting the battery holder and attaching to your damaged key card? Given the tech skills you displayed the first time around (sorry - but has to be said!) I fear that you will end up with TWO non functioning cards :-(

Better to find a good auto sparky to do the work for you I think?

Just saying ...

Ian
    Exactly what I was going to do
    - '03 Xsara VTS -

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Exactly what I was going to do
    Glad to hear! Was not trying to tell you how to suck eggs - just worried that you might plunge in and bugger up the new key card!

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    David, unfortunately the passenger key lock doesn't do anything, key turns but doesn't lock or unlock