Servicing Renault in Hobart
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Servicing Renault in Hobart

Just joined the frogs although am familiar with Renaults, going back to 1970 with an R8. Having driven for the past 4 years, a 2002 2.0l petrol manual Scenic in France I can't go past a 2007 2.0l petrol auto Scenic II with low kms in Sydney to take to Hobart to live.
    I would love to hear from Hobart Renault owners the name of contacts for Renault mechanics beside the Renault dealer in the city.
    Cheers.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Greetings from another Tas Frog. I'd recommend contacting (& joining) the French Car Club of Tasmania. The contact email is:
    frenchcarclubtas@gmail.com

cheers! peter

Fellow Frogger!

Any competent mechanic can fix a Renault such as yours and joining a club also helps so will use of the internet.
    I once rebuilt a honda automatic transmission after i was told it could not be done as it was cheaper to just throw away and fit a new one back in the early eighties. bought a repair manual and part from japan some could not be suppied ie bearings. and they sent oversize clutch plates so i just modded and put it all together and ended up with a gearbox that cost about 600 bucks to repair. Im no transmission expert just someone who learn't to give it a go. so i say its not hard to teach yourself to do things by asking those who do know.
    Enjoy your dream is important and do not be put off by negativity from others.

I have a set of adjustable metric spanners and will be there soon.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Thread Information