1959 Caravelle sells for $7000 in California
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1959 Caravelle sells for $7000 in California

Default 1959 Caravelle sells for $7000 in California

I followed this auction just to see the outcome. It is a very low serial numbered car. I'm glad to see one bring a decent price, especially since I'm restoring my own 1960 Caravelle now. It was described as rust free, but still needs a lot of work.

Some pictures.....
    1959 Caravelle sells for 00 in California-ca-59-caravelle1-%247000.jpg1959 Caravelle sells for 00 in California-ca-59-caravelle2.jpg1959 Caravelle sells for 00 in California-ca-59-caravelle3.jpg1959 Caravelle sells for 00 in California-ca-59-caravelle4.jpg

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1959 Caravelle sells for 00 in California-ca-59-caravelle10.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCaravelle View Post
    It was described as rust free, but still needs a lot of work.
    I'd be surprised if it was original rust-free, just looking at the boot, then the rust dribbles from the diamond plate mount would suggest a thorough inspection would be required. Also it looks like a bit of filler would have been used around the car, in removing the side and sill chrome strips, and it has lost the seam hidden by the strip on the front guards. Or perhaps the holes for the strips and seams have been properly welded and lead-loaded. It is the sort of car you would want to visit with a magnet and thickness-o-meter readily to hand.

Also the front end appears to have a whiff of negative camber, hopefully just a trick of the camera, and not a worn kingpin front end.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

A blue car painted black and by the looks of it an older restoration, true convertible seats and detachable hard top but the soft top frame looks to be missing. Seems to be hacked at a fair bit and at 7 is a bit high for this car in the US, in my opinion.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Nah Mate, the soft top is there but some clown moved the steering wheel again, wrong side and wrong wheel..
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Your right I should of zoomed in at it but all that red on the dash just had my eye drawn towards it as it looks so wrong
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Thread Information