R10 Sports Exhaust.
  • Register
  • Help

Default R10 Sports Exhaust.

Hi All,

Advertisement

I am picking up some Sonic extractors tonight for my R10 and was wondering if anyone had any information on an exhaust system that runs across the rear of the car and exits on the drivers side? Muffler info. and pipe size / pictures etc? Will looking at getting something made locally. The engine is currently standard but will eventually be a hot 1108cc with 1289cc piston liner kit and mild cam (different engine i'll be getting soon!)

Cheers

Anthony
    Current Frogs:

1970 Renault 10S (Sunburst)
    1968 Renault 10S Replica (Alpine White)
    1968 Renault 10 (Modified 1.4L Alpine White)

Maybe something like this from Mecaparts is what you may be after? - suit R8/10
    http://www.mecaparts.com/PhotosPieces/MP1466A50.jpg

Also has the extractors to suit (note may suit R8, but not suit R10 unless extended?) but the idea is there.
    http://www.mecaparts.com/Equipement/mp1435.gif

The one man band at the exhaust place next to Bunnings (Hills Exhaust 8398 2334) does good work at a good price. There's a bit of info on here about system lengths, calculations etc. as well. Frans has a formula for working it out if you're going for maximum result. Or just stick a 2" hot dog across the back as some have done.
    cheers,

John

My old yellow R8 had a hotdog mounted across the back as a muffler. Wasn't too loud, but as Jman said. Fran's has some good info and pics on here on some of his setups.

My R10 had a mandrel bent system that runs to the black panel in front of the petrol tank, then runs back 180 deg with the muffler mounted parallel to the engine and exits out the back on the left. In this case it uses the std r12 manifold with a modified flange to connect the two. Worked well and gave me no dramas. I've used a similar setup 2-3 times.
    KB

I just picked up my extractors, I thought they were Sonics but they are different to the other set of Sonics I have. Where the four branch into one the single pipe underneath is removable, I assume to properly align the exhaust then weld the joint in place. So KB, you ran a hot dog straight off the extractors?

Cheers

Anthony

Sent from my GT-I9305 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Current Frogs:

Quote Originally Posted by R10S FAN View Post
    I just picked up my extractors, I thought they were Sonics but they are different to the other set of Sonics I have. Where the four branch into one the single pipe underneath is removable, I assume to properly align the exhaust then weld the joint in place. So KB, you ran a hot dog straight off the extractors?

Cheers

Anthony

Sent from my GT-I9305 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    These bad boys!!R10 Sports Exhaust.-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1396428767.117308.jpgR10 Sports Exhaust.-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1396428783.367649.jpg
    Current Frogs:

Yep pretty much.
    I can't recall what manifold it ran, probably the r12 one. From the three bolt bolt flange it went under the radiator, turned 90 deg right then the hotdog ran across the back with a 90 deg tailpipe exiting out the back.
    Denis still owns the car (think he is DBR on here). PM him and ask him to post a pic
    KB

g'day guys, as per my other thread here somewhere, Genie Headers (Brisbane) have quoted me $780 to make up a set for my Renault 10 - I'm looking for a better option than that, even though they would be professionally made...

cheers

BP

Try Scotts Rods at West Ipswich. I have had them do a few unusual jobs for me now, and all at prices much less than I expected. They have their own mandrel bender, and sell many 4WD upgrade pipes on Ebay, besides doing plenty of custom work for racers. There is even a dyno there to check before and after power.
    https://www.scottsrods.com.au/
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

When supporting the transverse muffler across the rear of the car, ensure that you mount it to the engine mounting cross member so that it moves with the engine, to prevent stress cracks. There should already be a bolt hole on the left hand side, you'll just need to drill one more on the right hand side.

Henry
    When I find my feet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll know where I stand!

Thread Information