What Kangoo is that??
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What Kangoo is that??

1000+ Posts

Default What Kangoo is that??

I often see the cooking model around....standard cargo/courier type van.....but now and again i see a different type of Kangoo........it has rear seats, more side windows and usually a nice color....looks great and probably what i am after however i did a search on Reno site and nothing mentioned...just cargo vans !!

Any tips on what these are called ? price, engines ? Is it a tricked up/optioned up cargo van? Price ?

Advertisement

Any tips fellas ?
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

It's probably a UK import. There used to be one hanging around Brighton, Vic, a nice silvery blue colour with a full set of seats, belts etc and lotsa windows. Looked pretty schmick, really. Haven't seen it for a year or three however.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

I can't help with all your questions.
    I have see two that have been fitted out for wheelchair access in the rear. I think that there was a seat for a third person/ carer next to wheelchair (confident, but not certain)
    So that gives a total of 4 all up.. and potentially 5 all up without the disabled access.
    The increased window space is presumably a comfort factor to those in the rear.

In my opinion the kangoo is a good looking piece of kit. I especially like the styling cues that go back to the Renault 4 of the 1960's.

David

1000+ Posts

Doubt if it is an import..... i see heaps of them around here. Its a special edition of some sort....metallic paint etc. Looks the dogs bollocks too :}
    jr20516v

Now:

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Maybe it's some kind of local approved conversion? The one I saw had sliding doors for the rear passengers, I think.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I regularly see two of the first series Kangoos in my area, a metallic green one and a metallic red one.
    When I first saw the green one I thought, "Beauty, they are finally selling the passenger version here!", but like jr20516v I could not find any info on them.
    Then one day I happened to see one parked and had a closer look, yep, wheel chair conversion and a very neat one too. You can only tell from behind, where the ramp protrudes under the rear bumper just a little.
    Upon further investigation, they are/were imported and converted here by a company separate to Renault Oz.
    I've been told that the passenger version is not sold here by Renault Oz because it does not meet Australian Safety Standards, but I did see a cargo version that had an after market bench seat and windows added to the sliding door. It didn't look pretty or very comfortable!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

1000+ Posts

yep, its mainly metallic green ones i see....looks nice and a little up market from a cargo van. Maybe they all are wheelchair cars !! :}
    jr20516v

Now:

This is where the importers of Renault/CitroŽn/Peugeot are nuts. Surely it's nothing more than snobbery which precludes compliancing and sales of the "people mover" van variants? Where the Berlingo/Partner has become a little bloated, the Kangoo remains slightly more petite and therefore a practical option (were it available).

1000+ Posts

I agree totally Addo........the French car brands seem to have their head in the sand. Great products....poor marketing !!
    jr20516v

Now:

This makes it a little more interesting...

Renault Kangoo 2 Seater Rear VAN With Inbuilt Seat Belts in Liverpool, NSW | eBay

$1500 installed with integral seat belts and most importantly, a blue slip.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Velly Interlesting! They obviously use the European Kangoo seat belt pickup points/anchorages found in the UK and other places.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    This makes it a little more interesting...

Renault Kangoo 2 Seater Rear VAN With Inbuilt Seat Belts in Liverpool, NSW | eBay

$1500 installed with integral seat belts and most importantly, a blue slip.

Dave
    That looks like the conversion I saw, although the seat was more forward from memory, giving you more cargo space. It wasn't very comfortable, it would only be suited for short trips I would have thought.
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

The "M49" Berlingo was almost made for converting into a people mover. I suspect the M59 is even better, as all came with a side door and many were glazed. The forward section of the load bay was just tacked over the passenger floor pan. I'm surprised this was never capitalised on, and places like the one Dave linked don't seem to do CitroŽns.

Yep...

Family motoring = this would be grouse!

CitroŽn Berlingo Multispace | Berlingo Car | MPV | CitroŽn UK
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

You can even get the swivel seat conversions done in Europe.

It is a puzzling why the people carrier versions of the Kangoo, Berlingo and Partner aren't sold in OZ. Renault will apparently be selling a Kangoo maxi Crewvan ( van with 5 seats ) late 2014. Seat conversions are available in Australia for Berlingo/Partner ( I've got the info somewhere can find it and post the info if anyone is interested (?) and factory look-a-like side glass as an after market item is also available.I have both 2005 Berlingo and 2010 Partner (diesel) and a foldable seat would add great extra versatility to these vehicles. I think the real reason the factory models haven't been sold to date in Oz is more to do with the fact that other models in the ranges of Peugeot /Citroen would look overpriced in comparison ie comparing internal space/versatility etc

They've sold the VW Caddy Life in Australia for a while now. See them out and about, so they aren't a total sales flop.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

The other one not sold is a "sports" variant. Alloys, lowered slightly, snazzy trim. Think XR6 or Golf GTI.

An Australian firm converts them to vehicles that can carry a wheelchair -> Renault Kangoo Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, Wheelchair Conversions, Wheelchair Vans & Taxis

They also do Taragos, Honda Jazzes, VW Caddys, Kia Souls and a few others.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Thread Information