New Renault Espace
  • Help

Default New Renault Espace

Apparently the 2015 Espace has been found in a patent application.

Should I wait for it or buy an X-Trail 7 Seater that is being released soon?http://www.caradvice.com.au/278164/2...patent-images/

Advertisement
    Last edited by 2353; 18th March 2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Here;s the link!
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

I hate to say it, but the heavily raked roof and small rear side windows has shadows of the Stavic.

If the Renault has a CVT like the Nissan I'd worried about reliability, especially with 7 people up. Unless it has 1.6 l rubber band engine.

I'll probably be booed off AF but I find that people movers, especially with 7 people on board really benefit for a torquey and powerful V6.

But maybe Renault will see the light.
    Last edited by robmac; 18th March 2014 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I hate to say it, but the heavily raked roof and small rear side windows has shadows of the Stavic.

If the Renault has a CVT like the Nissan I'd worried about reliability, especially with 7 people up. Unless it has 1.6 l rubber band engine.

I'll probably be booed off AF but I find that people movers, especially with 7 people on board really benefit for a torquey and powerful V6.

But maybe Renault will see the light.
    There are times when you really need some grunt. I agree, in case the boos get loud. It isn't that they don't have access to good, torquey engines.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Turbochargers are a wonderful device...

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno View Post
    Turbochargers are a wonderful device...
    But they don't make a 1.6 diesel that will compete with either the Kia (wash-your-mouth-out) or upmarket Toyota Tarago both with 202kw output engines.

I also consider the longevity of the engine. A 1.6 turbo diesel and CVT would not seem as bulletproof as N/A 202kw V6 behind a six speed conventional auto. AKA as the Aurion combination, which has a considerable history of reliability.

I just love the Renault Advantine but we never saw that in Australia.

Fellow Frogger!

the grass (cars) are always greener next year. I feel models change far too quickly.

I think it looks ok for a people mover/suv, something like the current Honda Odyssey. But if we were to get it, it would be 2017 before it lands here!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

People movers don't sell in Australia. We have this mentality here that if we need to move the wife, 4 kids and the dog we have to have a 4WD. So they go out a get a Land Curser or a Mitsubishi ****** (sorry Pajero) or the like. How many Taragos or Honda Odysseys do you see, and they are very good at what they are designed to do. The fact that the bigger 4WDs cost more than a Tarago to buy and run, burn more fuel, have less room, and you need a step ladder to get into the 4WD doesn’t seem to make much difference.
    They want a vehicle to tow their 24 foot caravan or to go camping in the bush. The fact that 90% of them will never tow anything bigger than a box trailer to the tip or ever go off the tarmac doesn’t matter.
    Also, as mentioned by others, a small turbo 4 will not win over a V6. Even if power and torque are the same on paper. A small turbo 4 will probably win over someone looking at a large naturally aspirated 4 but not a 6.
    Unfortunately, as nice as the Espace might be, it will flop in Australia. The market for people movers here is too small.
    I'd love to see it here and selling but I don't think it would be a success in this market.

Cheers
    Ren

"I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Thread Information