F1 gp
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Huffy

Thread: F1 gp

Fellow Frogger!

Default F1 gp

If you haven't seen qualifying, go find someone who has recorded it!

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Great result for Daniel Riccardo - his teammate didn't even get to Q1! He will be p----d off with that!

Loved it when the crowd cheered on Vettels elimination in Q2. Good work Australia

Should be a good confidence builder for the young pilot. Great introduction to a new team, but the real test will be tomorrow.

He was on the money or thereabouts through the qualifying, so obviously Red Bull have found some speed since their less than stellar showing during pre-season testing
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Yes it was a very good Quali

Really the first time the teams have had to deal with "the most complicated car in the history of F1" in the wet during competition conditions. It shows how much torque the ERS now has. Short shifting in Quali just to keep it on the track shows how much torque these V6 Turbos have. Quiet they may be but now we get to hear the tyres pleading for mercy and see a livelier car through the corners. Let’s hope that closer racing is the result, 100 kg of fuel - how many will run out before the 50 laps?

Daniel did very well in Q3 and whilst he was on inters the others in the top 5 were on wets. Seat of your pants in the last minute, recommend watching it if you can find it.

Vettel described the handling of his car as "horrible" so Daniel is obviously very comfortable with the ('identical') car that has overrun and needs gentler throttle application where Seb is not. Talk is the engine software profile was the difference. Whilst I admit I too was a little too enthusiastic when Seb was prevented from putting in a good Q3 effort by the crash and Yellow flag of I don't expect Seb will be back in 12th for very long under race conditions. As much as many dislike him he has race craft and experience that Daniel is yet to accumulate. I just hope that when the real race starts the pack show the rookie more respect than they did for Lewis during his introduction. Daniel is sandwiched between Nico Rosberg and Hamilton and this new generation of car has been noted as a real bugger to get off the line well.

Is this the first time (ever) that Seb has not been in the top 10?

Very happily I reminded a mate who like Horner had to eat his words about how superior the Mercs would be in round one this year. The frustrating, perplexing model of unreliability that was the RB10 has come a long way since the Northern winter testing. Merc ERS technology was being talked about as being so far in front that the probability of a Mercedes W05 lapping the front runners was general talk among the F1 community. Perhaps it was all mind games, if today’s track is dry we will see.

What really raised my eyebrows was Mark Webbers TV comments, that you should definitely see for yourself, now free of team code of conduct Mark is very chatty. Not glowing of Sebs performance you could say. The media comments of how Hamilton 'stole pole' made me cringe, if you look at the in car footage of the Merc in Q3 Lewis did a great job with a car that was seriously under steering in the wet conditions. He deserved pole as I thought the chassis only had minor changes and it handled terrible into the corners in the wet. Lewis wasn't slagging off at his car like the German - Lewis has class.

Go the 'kid' wearing the number 3

Great result for Dan Riccardo. Renault have a lot of work to do to get their powerplant up to mercedes level though

Breaking news Ricardo disqualified for excessive fuel flow. RBR appealing.
    Bathurst______2 57.22 Sandown_____1 35.29 The Bend Int__2 21.96
    Mallala_______1 22.90 Phillip Island__1 56.41 The Bend GT __3.58.12
    Winton_______1.43.90 Collingrove_____38.08

https://www.facebook.com/FrogstompRacing/

http://www.harlandeng.com.au

Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I