r15 Parts
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: r15 Parts

Fellow Frogger!

Default r15 Parts

Hi, am loooking for some parts for my R15 which is slowly heading to the road. I need a rear number plate light [ perhaps it is the same as another renault ], a drivers side interior door handle, one front indicator and a Cibie headlight. These are obviously getting hard to find but hoping just the same. I have even thought of going to R17 twin headlights if the rectangular ones are hard to find. Strangely in some markets the 15's had twin headlights. If anyone has any other spares please pm me.
    Thanks
    Geedee.

Advertisement

The internal door handle is the same as a Renault 16, just check whether you need the folded stainless steel type, or the chromed die-cast type.

The rectangular headlight is the same as a Renault 12 or 16 Cibie light. Just check whether you want a late type with the inner "Kangaroo" driving light (with one P45t round base globe and one H1 base globe), or the early type with a single round P45t base globe. Also your car may have Cibie replacement lights with H4 marked on the lens, which take the three-prong H4 base globes. So just check what you require.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

1000+ Posts

Geedee I definitely have a few second hand rectangular head lights that are pretty good if you want. Maaayyy be a door handle, number plate light, and an indicator/parking light. I'd need to check for the other stuff, but the headlight I have.

1000+ Posts

Geedee The number plate lights are ok I have them. The front blinker I have a left one. I assume by looking at them (but not trying) they are not handed. A door handle I am almost sure but mine are all sheet plate wrapped over plastic. I would need to get doors out from behind other panels and don't want to do it if that isn't what you need. Are you likely to be in Brisbane soon as it is easier to pick up rather than posting them. Rob

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the replies, the headlights are old style with the original round globes and flat circular bases. Yes it looks like the indicators are left or right interchangable. The door handle appears to be chromed but it does work even though it has been butchered with a large split pin through it. Sunroof I should be in Brisbane in the next two to three weeks[not definite yet ] but will give a pm closer to the time.
    Thanks
    Geedee

Quote Originally Posted by geedee View Post
    Yes it looks like the indicators are left or right interchangable.
    Just note that whilst the lenses are interchangeable, the steel divider between the blinker/park sections needs to be turned upside down if a left side lens is used on the right side and vice-versa.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

1000+ Posts

Yep Geedee thats ok. Rob

Thread Information