Pricing and specs announced for new Clio
  • Register
  • Help

Default Pricing and specs announced for new Clio

Pricing has been announced for the new Clio. It's coming in Authentique (from $16,790), Expression, and Dynamique. Authentique is only the 0.9l 5 speed manual, Dynamique only as the 1.2l DCT, and Expression as both.

New Renault Clio from $16,790 ? Car Reviews, News & Advice - CarPoint Australia..

Renault Clio - Renault Clio launches from $16,790 | GoAuto

Advertisement

Also, they have some ambitious sales targets, and with the new Clio they probably should make it.
    Renault - Renault looks to 10,000 sales by 2015 | GoAuto

The cost to option up to the 1.2l 4cyl and dct on the Expression is only $2000. That seems like pretty good value given the dct alone with other manufacturers is around $2500 alone.

Took one for a test drive today. The local Bendigo dealer told me supply is pretty restricted, and there really isn't much going around in the way of deals. I drove the 1.2 EDC, and was pleasantly surprised by the power. Felt far more solid than the Clio 2, but many of the controls were familiar to my 10 year old Clio (the steering mounted audio controls, and electric mirror controls are exactly the same). The edc was smooth, and the Expression was really well equipped.

On the downside rear vision was crap, and tyre noise was pretty bad, possibly not that much quieter than my Clio. But worst of all is no real deals at the moment. While hte RRP might be great value compared to other RRP's, sadly the Clio is one car that you pay RRP for. I guess that's good for resale though.

They're trying to get me back to drive the manual to see how that goes for me. Anyone who's driven from Melbourne to Bendigo will be familiar with Big Hill. I'm not too sure 900cc will haul 1040kg up there. Then again, by 1.4 does surprisingly well.

Thread Information