Clever trick for dealing with Megane window stuck open
  • Register
  • Help
    IWS

Default Clever trick for dealing with Megane window stuck open

One of the rear windows on my Megane was stuck open. :-(

I found here this clever trick which rectified the problem :-)
    (Worked for me/my circumstance - but may not work for all ...)

Sit in the car, doors closed and unlocked.

1: Unplug the fuse for the offending window
    2: Re-insert fuse.
    3: Press lock twice on your key card (this should activate deadlock and bring the window up 2-3 inches)
    4: Unlock car as normal
    5: Repeat steps 1-4 until window is closed.

6: Unplug offending window fuse to disable the motor.
    (note 40A fuse is for the back windows. Front windows have a 25A fuse for each side located next to the 40A fuse.)

Advertisement

More at: https://sites.google.com/site/proluxelectronics/how-to

You don't need to unlock and then dead lock each time, all that has happened is the window module (on the motor) has forgotten where the window position is, as in it doesn't know if it is up, down or half way between. When you are pulling out the fuse you and re powering it up you would then just need to operate the window switch and hold it, which will bring the window up in stages. then you would release it and hold again until you get to the top (this is because the module doesn't yet know where the top is) Once you reach the top if you hold the switch for a few seconds it has now fully reset. I cant remember if you get a beep or not.

No no beep just hold it a few sec and let go and good as new

Via the aussiefrogs App

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Autokar View Post
    You don't need to unlock and then dead lock each time, all that has happened is the window module (on the motor) has forgotten where the window position is, as in it doesn't know if it is up, down or half way between. When you are pulling out the fuse you and re powering it up you would then just need to operate the window switch and hold it, which will bring the window up in stages. then you would release it and hold again until you get to the top (this is because the module doesn't yet know where the top is) Once you reach the top if you hold the switch for a few seconds it has now fully reset. I cant remember if you get a beep or not.
    Good information, that works with the Laguna, occasionally the front drivers one touch up and down gets confused (like me!!) and forgets itself and when it gets to the bottom, if the window button is held down for a few seconds it resets itself, much like your treatment of the top position.

removal of the fuse is often the start of the problem and you need to reset the drivers front window to counteract it.

Regards

Ken

It is quite common in the UK because of all the rain, water gets into the wiring loom and works its way along the inside of the outer loom tape. it can also cause the terminals to short out in the window module and the window goes down on its own when you've parked your car somewhere. You need to take the loom out of the door and dry it out by either unwrapping it or getting a new one (pricey) and cleaning up the terminals and when you re-wrap it do it with pvc tape instead of the cloth tape as standard. The cloth tape holds all the water in it like a sponge.
    If it has burnt out the module you can get replacements

Thread Information