views on 2011 Megane CVVT 2l hatch please
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigkev414

Thread: views on 2011 Megane CVVT 2l hatch please

Default views on 2011 Megane CVVT 2l hatch please

Been looking to change cars and have been offered a good deal on a 2011 Megane petrol CVVT hatch base model. I've had two Peugeots and a Citroen C5 and they were temperamental and am banned from another Peugeot by Mrs Kev because both 307s were lemons
    We considered a Megane when they first came out and I like them but the (then) Renault dealer wouldn't trade my C5.
    This one is from a multi brand dealership and I had a brief drive today (with the obligatory youth next to me telling me where to go) and still like the way it drives and handles. Ride is a bit firm, but not too bad. Didn't go on very rough roads though. Will talk to them again on Monday.

Advertisement

I recall that they had 5 year warrantee when I looked - this is 2011 and am I right that it was only released later in the year? How can I find out if it did have a 5 year w/tee and make sure the balance in transferable?
    All experiences and opinions will be valued as usual.......thanks, Kev
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Hi bigkev, the Megane you're considering was released September 2010 and went through to June 2013. It does have a five year unlimited km transferable factory warranty too. It runs on premium unleaded, city/combined cycle is 7.9 l/100 Kim's (in theory), has a 60 litre tank, servicing is every 6 months/10,000 Kim's. Trade value is $14,800 and retail is $19,000 based on an average of 32,000 Kim's. (all as per Glass's Guide)

I quite liked driving them. Not hugely powerful but not gutless either. One down side is the resale value, which is the upside for a used car buyer like you, as they're normally a bargain. The Sport Edition (not RS) is a nice car and good value and they're about $18,900 second hand on Car Sales (were about $29k drive away new).
    cheers,

John

Thanks John, I'll be talking turkey with the dealer on Monday and now I'm armed with the facts. See how low I can get them.

PS: Go the Power!
    J-man likes this.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Kev, Bryan Byrt at Mt Gravatt have some reasonably cheap "Privilege" models at the moment. It might be worth a drive up the M1.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

thanks mate, I'll get in touch and see what they say. I've dealt with them before and they were OK.

Thread Information