2012 Renault Latitude Luxe Opinion
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glenough

Thread: 2012 Renault Latitude Luxe Opinion

Tadpole

Default 2012 Renault Latitude Luxe Opinion

Hi Guys, looking at buying a 2012 Renault Latitude Luxe in diesel version...anyone own one and have any opinion or views to share? Thanks.

Advertisement

Hey mauricito
    I have driven one and was suitably impressed. I haven't heard any negative reports or problems with either the diesel or petrol version.
    I will be seriously considering one in a few years when my Laguna gets too long in the tooth.
    Almost back to the days of the old and very luxurious R25.
    Let us know how you go
    Cheers - Luke

1990 Renault 25 V6 Baccara - Gunmetal Grey
    1974 Renault 17TS (1317) - Silver

A friend of a friend bought a diesel one, he's not really a car person, big guy, saw him recently and has done quite a few k's.

He is really really impressed. No issues, he loves it. It's been super reliable, cheap to maintain and goes very well. He wasn't that impressed with the petrol one, but the diesel was fantastic. The fit & finish also he says was very good. I see quite a few around these days.
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

I just drove one of these for 400 km as a Budget rental in Tassie. They're a bit larger than I'm used to (I drive a Clio) but they're an excellent highway cruiser and the turbo diesel engine was a joy to drive. The turbo was VERY responsive when it came to overtaking and definitely added some fun factor.

The handling wasn't as sharp as my wife's Mazda6, more on the cushioned, floaty side. When I dropped it off it only took 25L of diesel, giving a fuel consumption of 6.25L/100 km by my calculations. That's about the same as my 1.4 L Clio, which is fantastic for such a big car

The heated leather seats with the massage feature were better than a lounge room recliner, and the cabin ambience was fantastic. The wife and kids decided they want one.

Hi guys,
    What's the current asking price for one of these in a Diesel?
    Cheers..Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Tadpole

i bought one of these and pick it up next week, let's see how she goes. Hope I've made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mauricito View Post
    i bought one of these and pick it up next week, let's see how she goes. Hope I've made the right choice.
    Set the massage going on the driver's seat and you won't really care how she goes!

I think you'll enjoy the turbodiesel, especially at refill time. Don't forget to post up some pics and a review.

i have a 2 year old Lat Diesel "pauper pack" so miss out on the fancy roof, the massaging seat (memory maybe??) and the air purifyer.

Its just done 56k, so STILL havent had to pay for a service, have had nothing wrong with it at all, apart from a doctor falling asleep on the way home from work and taking out my drivers mirror. They dont have any in Oz so its gonna take 3 weeks to get sorted....

It goes well, i average 7l/100km out of it every time, its comfortable and large enough for the family to travel comfortably, and i reckon you will love it! I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours

1000+ Posts

I've done it. Bought a diesel Latitude Lux. I hope it is as good as others report here. I would like it to last 10 years. By then I'll either be too old to drive or will probably get something smaller just to run to the shops. We had it for a two day test drive and I am impressed. It is the drivers seat that sold me, other than that I would have preferred the standard version as their ride seemed a bit softer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    I've done it. Bought a diesel Latitude Lux. I hope it is as good as others report here. I would like it to last 10 years. By then I'll either be too old to drive or will probably get something smaller just to run to the shops. We had it for a two day test drive and I am impressed. It is the drivers seat that sold me, other than that I would have preferred the standard version as their ride seemed a bit softer.

A mate of mine bought one about 6 weeks ago. Traded his Laguna in on his first ever new car. I'm not sure what those massaging seats do but he hasn't been able to get the grin off his face.

Can't remember what he said he paid for it but we all commented on how cheap it was for a car with so many toys, and such proven reliablity.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger!

Gee they are a relative bargain, $38,990 drive away in Vic with 2.9% finance offer and a 5 year warranty. I am not sure anyone would be paying the $47,000 RRP however.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_R16TS View Post
    Gee they are a relative bargain, $38,990 drive away in Vic with 2.9% finance offer and a 5 year warranty. I am not sure anyone would be paying the $47,000 RRP however.
    I think my mate only paid $33,000 with balance of warranty about 4.5 years. His was a company exectutive driven car with 10,000km
    He literally walked into the dealer (Essendon Renault) just as they were unloading it off the truck, it was ordered for someone else but no deposit had been paid so he jumped in.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

1000+ Posts

Knocked up a few thousand on the Latitude already. The top of the dash reflects in the wind screen. I do get used to it but it is still there. Like almost all modern cars it's a bit hard to see over each shoulder, which is necessary for passing, given the ridiculous magnifying mirrors in use these days. I am hoping once the engine is run in for a little bit better fuel economy, and the book does say 6000 kilometres before it improves. Having said that it is still half that of my Kluger and diesel is cheaper than 98/95 petrol so I can't really complain. By my calculations with fuel, registration and tyres I expect to save over $3000 per year. The front pillar does block the view of roundabouts a bit but the Kluger did as well and it gave me a couple of frights. My phone bluetooth doesn't work and I was told it wouldn't before I bought the car and it didn't in the Kluger either. I have yet to figure out how to program the radio but then perhaps I should read the book. Cannot say that the turbo lag has annoyed me yet but we'll see. So far I like everything else especially the drivers seat. I have started a diary but missed some early stuff I am not much good at diaries but if I keep it up I'll give a report every so often. Oh I had to drive through wet tar. I should have fronted the council and asked them to clean it off.

..... I have yet to figure out how to program the radio but then perhaps I should read the book.
    You should't need to.
    What is it with car stero designers (and manufacturers who buy their product) who dont understand that the interface needs to be simple and intuitive.
    If you need to read the book, the tactile interface is of a flawed design and needs simplifying.

Jo

Fellow Frogger!

Dolphins - obviously intelligent but you can't communicate that fact to them.

Or......... are we all getting older?

1000+ Posts

May be it is just me, too old. Perhaps I should have asked my 7 year old grandson.

I think it's the getting older thing. I used to be able to operate a manual radio, and had to do a University course when they introduced the push button variety. I'd just got used to that when in comes AM/FM combined with a tape player. I tell you, I'm just getting on top of that one now!

Seriously, modern cars don't have radios, they have a multi-functional electronics package. They seem complicated at first, and ten minutes reading the manual can save you many frustrating moments!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Knocked up a few thousand on the Latitude already. The top of the dash reflects in the wind screen. I do get used to it but it is still there. Like almost all modern cars it's a bit hard to see over each shoulder, which is necessary for passing, given the ridiculous magnifying mirrors in use these days. I am hoping once the engine is run in for a little bit better fuel economy, and the book does say 6000 kilometres before it improves. Having said that it is still half that of my Kluger and diesel is cheaper than 98/95 petrol so I can't really complain. By my calculations with fuel, registration and tyres I expect to save over $3000 per year. The front pillar does block the view of roundabouts a bit but the Kluger did as well and it gave me a couple of frights. My phone bluetooth doesn't work and I was told it wouldn't before I bought the car and it didn't in the Kluger either. I have yet to figure out how to program the radio but then perhaps I should read the book. Cannot say that the turbo lag has annoyed me yet but we'll see. So far I like everything else especially the drivers seat. I have started a diary but missed some early stuff I am not much good at diaries but if I keep it up I'll give a report every so often. Oh I had to drive through wet tar. I should have fronted the council and asked them to clean it off.
    Maybe, just maybe, one of these might be a fair Xantia replacement, in the fullness of time of course...
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

We have just bought a 2012 diesel Latitude Luxe and it is very nice, It has only 18,000 klms on it and drives beautifully Has 3.5 years wth unlimited Ks warranty left on it and cost of services until 45.000k included . All for $ 20.000 under new car cost. Sounds great to me

We are now a Puegeot and Renault family.
    Last edited by glenough; 18th May 2014 at 03:11 PM.
    markb2501 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glenough View Post
    We have just bought a 2012 diesel Latitude Luxe and it is very nice, It has only 18,000 klms on it and drives beautifully Has 3.5 years wth unlimited Ks warranty left on it and cost of services until 45.000k included . All for $ 20.000 under new car cost. Sounds great to me

We are now a Puegeot and Renault family.
    Very civilised. Enjoy it/them!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

just rejoined Renault Family with a 2012 Latitude Luxe Diesel, previously had a Laguna 2002 V6 Privilege Wagon in family gave no trouble before written off ... Latitudes seem quite reliable as very little negs about (even if sold in smaller numbers) and a bargain with depreciation would love opinions about ... LED lights for inside, found can upgrade standard number plate etc with LED kit for about $45 del. says plug and play so cheap... any thoughts?

There seems to be a glut of them on the market at the moment. I think av rental fleet used them and seem to have flooded the market at once killing resale.

People on here that have had them seem to be pretty pleased with them. The massaging seats seem to be the favorite feature.

Via the aussiefrogs App

[QUOTE=DanielBendigo;1270135]There seems to be a glut of them on the market at the moment. I think av rental fleet used them and seem to have flooded the market at once killing resale.

People dont know, what they don't know ... brought for buzz box price (well they aren't that bad but find most too small and $22k ish does not buy many trinkets vs latitude feature set is tops ... sure not cutting edge in dash screen size and convoluted menu but otherwise good ... people knock control unit behind wheel but once get to use easy as ... plenty of times in other car Kia Optima Platinum found chasing buttons when turning wheel and interesting after latitude Kia blacks inside seems less quality, even think looks fine not racy like black Kia (still good looker) two free services was good as well

Thread Information