Renault in Australia: The Useless Info File - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 5 First 12345
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Renault in Australia: The Useless Info File

Thanks Simon. That anniversary might have passed unnoticed! I guess it also accelerated the uptake of efi systems, the better to control emissions.

And yes, another tick for the versatile and strong R12! It could even survive ADR 27A.

Advertisement
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Renault quits Australian manufacturing (cover page of 3 pages)
    Attachment 101502

Renault to expand (cover page of 3 pages)
    Attachment 101503

Renault 12 variant index
    Attachment 101504

Virage press release (cover page of 2 pages)
    Attachment 101505
    Last edited by One.four; 21st November 2017 at 10:17 PM.

Hello One.four,

Nice posts but the attachments in posts #105 to #109 don't work for some reason.
    Up to and including #104 are good.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Tadpole

I realise that this thread has been inactive for quite a while. However, thought I would try my luck with a question. I live in Launceston, and am selling a block of land. However, the Launceston City Council has told me that I need to have an Environmental Site Assessment conducted, owing to possible contamination from an engine works. This engine works they identified as being a company called Wilkes Renault Pty Ltd situated at 15 Percy Street, Launceston - they have given no indication of the years when the company operated. Despite extensive searching, I can find no evidence that Wilkes Renault ever existed. I have contacted the current Renault dealer in Launceston, Neil Buckby Motors, but they can shed no light on a Wilkes Renault. As there is obviouusly a lot of knowledge of Renault in Australia on this forum, I wonder whether anyone might be able to help with information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataloko View Post
    I realise that this thread has been inactive for quite a while. However, thought I would try my luck with a question. I live in Launceston, and am selling a block of land. However, the Launceston City Council has told me that I need to have an Environmental Site Assessment conducted, owing to possible contamination from an engine works. This engine works they identified as being a company called Wilkes Renault Pty Ltd situated at 15 Percy Street, Launceston - they have given no indication of the years when the company operated. Despite extensive searching, I can find no evidence that Wilkes Renault ever existed. I have contacted the current Renault dealer in Launceston, Neil Buckby Motors, but they can shed no light on a Wilkes Renault. As there is obviouusly a lot of knowledge of Renault in Australia on this forum, I wonder whether anyone might be able to help with information.
    Wow. Hence the value of this forum. I've no idea about the Renault dealership, but you might ring up a company called Pitt and Sherry for help with the contamination problem, if indeed there is one. I did some work with them years ago and they seemed good folk. And they have been working in Launceston for decades I think. If they can't help they'll probably know where to direct you.

Good luck with it - and hope you aren't contaminated!!!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Tadpole

Thanks for the reply. I know of Pitt and Sherry, but any site assessment needs to be done by a certified person.

"The Launceston Interim Planning Scheme 2015 includes a Potentially Contaminated Land Code which requires that prior to development of land that is, or is adjacent to land that is, potentially contaminated, a report is provided by a suitably qualified person confirming that the land is not affected by contamination or is otherwise suitable for the proposed use.

A suitably qualified person is ... a person certified by the Site Contamination Practitioners Australia. The nearest such person is in Burnie. Anyway, I'll keep digging.

Plenty such folk in Melbourne of course, but I doubt that's a helpful observation. Good luck with it. I thought P&S had gone towards that track but not apparently.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Thread Information