Almost Like Winning Lotto !!!!
  • Help

Default Almost Like Winning Lotto !!!!

Today I became very lucky.

Advertisement

I now have 2 A110's to do a considerable amount of work on, in my workshop. The blue one is just registered in WA and is having the 1.4 Alpine motor and 5 speed put in. And the silver one is having a lot of suspension work done on it, to get the front mainly straight and working properly, and wheel arch flares made to resemble the blue car. I will also be looking for some nice 13: wheels for the silver car.

How lucky can you be ???

Take Care,
    Ray

Almost Like Winning Lotto !!!!-2x-a110.jpg
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Nice cars Ray are these clients or your own ?

Regards
    Wayne
    Wayne Vernon
    Reno R8 63
    Falcon XT GT 1969
    Ford Single Spinner Ute 49

That's definately a drool worthy situation you find yourself in there Ray............
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Hi Guys (and Gals),
    They are clients cars, but as I can't afford one at the moment, I treat them as mine. I will admit I am very lucky (spoiled), in the stable I look after as there are some more super classic Renaults . They do belong to a few clients.

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Ray

I have an A110 built in Mexico which I imported from NZ and it has I think a 688 type motor and 330 4 speed gearbox (None of them had the aluminium tags on them to describe type). The car runs fine and is registered on club plates but I have recently lost reverse gear. Fortunately the car also came with, among other things, a 5 speed box which is now on the agenda to instal and I have also lined up a Renault Alpine 1.4 litre motor (in pieces and needs rebuilding). I would be interested in your progress on doing your installation and I guess we can compare notes as we move along. One aspect I am interested in is whether you need to have a different gear linkage rod (shorter and are they available) to accommodate the 5 speed box?

Cheers

bazzamac

Quote Originally Posted by geckoeng View Post
    Today I became very lucky.

I now have 2 A110's to do a considerable amount of work on, in my workshop. The blue one is just registered in WA and is having the 1.4 Alpine motor and 5 speed put in. And the silver one is having a lot of suspension work done on it, to get the front mainly straight and working properly, and wheel arch flares made to resemble the blue car. I will also be looking for some nice 13: wheels for the silver car.

How lucky can you be ???

Take Care,
    Ray

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2x A110.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	38846
    You have made some of that luck I'd say. I'll have to come and drool.

Best wishes
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I recognise the silver one from carsales.com...sweet looking car, advertised (and priced) as mint though! New owner?

At least I can afford to drool
    Current French: Non
    Current Other: 2011 Nissan Dualis Ti, 2009 Ford WB Fiesta, 1965 Nissan CSP311 Silvia, 1968 Bond Equipe GT

Past Frogs: 1962 Renault R4, 1959 Renault Floride, 2005 Peugeot 206 GTi 180 (RIP)

degrush,
    The silver car was on "carsales", but I have convinced the owner to make it very drivable (longish trips) and have some fun with the car. It drives very nice on the road, but has a few hitches which I will sort out, to try and make a pleasurable car to drive.

bazzamac,
    The blue car has a 1445cc Alpine and "big" 5 speed to go in. I know of no conversion parts for these, it is all hands on and fabricate new parts, as they are needed. The box I am using has the normal shift shaft out the nose cone.

Almost Like Winning Lotto !!!!-carbs.jpgAlmost Like Winning Lotto !!!!-eng-g-b-a110.jpg

Take Care,
    Ray
    Ray geckoeng

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

You got any beer in the fridge at work, as you might get a couple of John's comings over for a drool, that will need plenty of fluids.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Ray

That is one good looking drive train. Certainly gives me a standard to aim at. Did you build it? What are its features eg size Webers and source for exhaust and inlets manifolds?

Hi bazzamac,
    The engine and gearbox came in a box of parts just over a year ago, and after a lot of organisation it is now all together. The motor is a R12 1.4 block and crank, now 1445cc. The rods are R5 Alpine, the cam is a new billet, and new followers as the Alpine push rods are larger ball to the R12, new valve springs. Head, as you can see is Alpine atmo, balanced combustion chambers to 10.5:1 with piston. Valves all polished and 3 angle valve seats. Valve pockets opened a bit and cleaned. Inlet is from Autobleu, is matched to head, and to 42mm Webers, lots of work, as some body had had a go at it before. Thankfully they hadn't gone too far. Stainless exhaust is also Autobleu. Nice polished stainless muffler.

Gearbox is 385 internals, with a R8G type nose cone from Meca Parts. Crossmember is slotted for centralising g/box, with single Koni axle tubes, as it is a street car not a competition car. Clutch plate is upgrade lining with a new Ferrodo press plate. Autobleu supplied most of the parts to build with.

Should be a nice sweet car to cruise with to Albany or Geraldton for a weekend. Only when it is cooled off, not this time of year.

Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Ray - very comprehensive. Whilst I have yet to get my motor, I will be planning to keep it standard to the R5 Alpine specs. The gearbox I have was built by Richard Mann in Melbourne with 385 internals so should be good once hooked up. Thanks for the info on sources for parts - will check out Autobleu as well as others. Normally I get most of my bits from Simons Auto in Germany who provides good service but now that I will be into engine bits and pieces, I'll be spreading the net a bit wider.

Thread Information