Laguna 3 petrol turbo - How good are they?
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Laguna 3 petrol turbo - How good are they?

I am seriously considering the update of my 2002 Laguna 2 V6 to a 2010 Laguna 3 with the 2 litre turbo petrol engine. I had a test drive today and the engine was a little underwhelming in comparison to the V6, although I was in peak hour traffic for most of the drive, and so my judgment may be clouded. The automatic transmission was a lot smoother than the Laguna 2. Anyone own a similar vehicle and could give me a summary of what it is like to own and drive one on a daily basis?

Advertisement

Clearly not been owned by many froggers!

It's apparently one of the most reliable cara in Europe, being teh subject of a lot of effort by Renault after that laguna 2 and the employment of Nissan process engineers to refit the factory and sort out suppliers etc.

The drive train is pure Japanese - Nissan and Jatco (as opposed to aisen Warner in the lag 2 V6). Both are meant to be very good. The motor looks the goods, timing chain, all alloy, some advanced mettulurgy etc. it's also used in a stack of Nissans the world over and I'm sure there are all manner of performance improvements (ie larger turbo, more boost) available.

A Privilige petrol would be ideal if I had the dosh spare...

I don't think the petrol Laguna came with a turbo (with the exception of the solitary GT in Perth) which would account for the lack of poke.

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

All nissan engine laguna 3 petrols are turbo

The Renault engined 2 litre laguna 2 only had petrol turbos on the Gt.

Good to know, thanks

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

Thread Information