i would like to see that !
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default i would like to see that !

Hi Guys,

Probabley done 1000's of times ...... but throw it open.

Advertisement

What would we the Renault Buyers like to see on offer in Australia . A small/medium wagon ? a 7 seater ?
    ...maybe a turbo diesel in the current coupe/cab.

Lets get some ideas of what is wanted here in oz
    Rick
    Geelong Vic
    2012 Koleos Dynamique - Family Wagon

PAST:
    Clio RS172 .... Silver - Damn strong car !
    10 Fluence Privilege Sedan Black
    07 RS225 3 door - Monako Blue
    07 Megane Privilege Sedan Black
    Chevrolet Corvette- red of course
    Nissan Skyline GTS turbo - fantastic machine
    Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon -ebayed for profit!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHy View Post
    Lets get some ideas of what is wanted here in oz
    Decent after sales service, at least in South Australia.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

What I'd like is probably different to the main.
    My 406 diesel is exactly what I want and need, (pity its a Peugeot and keeps breaking down).

The 406 is a 7 seater wagon, its huge inside, probably Commodore size and with a diesel engine it gets 1000km to the tank and bundles of torque. Its 5 speed manual so its great to drive and simple to fix and does lots of kms and is easy and simple to work on.

My wife has a Laguna, easily the better car, more reliable, more comfortable, better build quality. No doubt about it the better car.
    In Europe it comes is diesel, manual wagon, just what I need but here it does not.

The Laguna is so much better that I was actually thinking of importing one from UK.

So Renault marketing people if your watching, just do what Pug do and give us a bigger model line up.
    I'd have a Koleos diesel manual but I'd prefere a large wagon.

Failing that, a diesel Kangoo ute would be ideal for my business.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Megane GT Wagon. With cloth seats and panoramic.

Petrol manual Kangoo.

We've just bought (and pick up this afternoon) a 308 Touring 7 Seater. From our point of view it's a family wagon with the ability to take a few extra people occasionally. If Renault had anything similar we would have bought it in a heartbeat as we prefer the ride of the Scenic over the 308 we have now. The reason we have a 308 at the moment is that Renault weren't selling Megane hatches in early 2010. In reality the car we pick up today has a 5 year warranty so we won't be looking for a new "family" car for at least that period of time. Renault need to have a constant supply and stop doing "orphans" such as Scenics, Clios & Lagunas.

Renault make the cars in right hand drive for the UK - the Scenic/Grand Scenic is mechanically similar to a Megane so the cost of extra parts holdings etc would have to be predominately body panels and glass. Now that ISOFIX is (almost) legal I would image that there aren't too many "Australia only" ADR type requirements left. If Toyota can see an incremental market in small wagons with 7 seats (Prius V) which is effectively the UK spec car with US badging, you'd wonder why Renault can't.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

1000+ Posts

I have a Kluger because of the 7 seats and reasonable towing ability. Sooner have a Renault if they could provide that.

Less depreciation :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Fellow Frogger!

Bring on the Renault CAPTUR! (how do they come up with these weird car names?)
    Perhaps this vehicle will give us back some of the wonderful features that we lost
    when the Scenic was killed off to make way for the (ho hum, take it or leave it) Koleos.

I agree with Simon and David mostly. My personal dream remains a 16TS with power steering, aircon, cruise control and central locking. That would do everything I'd ever want personally. I know, I know. Call it a Renault 20!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

Citroën CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I think it will be another few years (I'm hoping to get 3 years, or another 120,000km out of my 9 year, 165,000km old Clio) before I buy a new car, but the perfect car for me would be a manual 1.2 turbo Clio. Not as raw or powerful (or expensive) as the Clio RS, but with reasonable equipment, and a mid $20's price range. If Renault do have one in 3 years time, I'm pretty sure that's what I'd be buying.

But given the Clio 4 isn't expected to come as a 1.2T manual, I'll probably end up with the 3cyl turbo, especially if that engine is as flexible as the 1.4 in the X65 Clio, or maybe the diesel given the driving I do.

Otherwise for something that is in the international range, a Twingo, especially the RS. Given Australia is the world's third highest market for RS Renault's, and the much higher margin for RS models over standard Renault's surely they should at least look at the business case for the Twingo RS, especially given the Clio RS will no longer be available as a manual. Could Renault price the standard Twingo range below the Clio? Even 50 sales a month would still increase sales by more than 10% of 2012 figures.

Stable, long term dealerships

Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

I'd like a few things. A large family sedan that has some poke and a better interior. I find the interior so plain and boring. Think Audi A4 aeasthetics on the inside of a Latitude with some grunt under the bonnet. Is there such a thing as a Latitude overseas with say RS265 running gear?
    The other side of my brain wants a Diesel Family sedan that doesn't look like a Diesel Family sedan. Again think latitude with a nice interior. I just find the Koleos, Megane, latitude range to look cheap on the inside. I understand they are trying to fill a mainstream niche but this thread is about a wishlist and that's what i wish for.And as a final thing I'd love them to bring out a dab+ radio. In Melbourne you can rarely listen to AM radio becuase of the tram lines. I can't work out why manufactirers haven't jumped at this new technology.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

DAB is currently as bad/worse than AM whilst on the move.

DAB broadcasting is around the 200mhz frequency which is approaching UHF. Output power is around 10 kilowatts. Best reception is line of sight.

AM broadcasting is around the 1Mz range, Output power is usually 10kilowatts. Line of sight is not a requirement to receive.

FM (around 50-100Mhz) is still the best for mobile radio reception. But AM is the best for propagation.

Swings and roundabouts.

RS265 Wagon with towbar

Zoe

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

+1 on service/dealerships.

Car wise, I think the Logan MCV would make a killing. Just came back from overseas where I have done about 9000ks in one and would definitely buy one (diesel please) for city/mule duties. Just think of it as a modern Renault 12 wagon. Right now, in Europe, about 6000Euro buys you a 1.5 diesel with all the bells and whistles offered (ABS, dual airbags, power everything, climate control; satnav not an option, but I personally don't care). For that kind of money it's a lot of car.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 21st January 2013 at 12:38 PM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    +1 on service/dealerships.

Car wise, I think the Logan MCV would make a killing. Just came back from overseas where I have done about 9000ks in one and would definitely buy one (diesel please) for city/mule duties. Just think of it as a modern Renault 12 wagon. Right now, in Europe, about 6000Euro buys you a 1.5 diesel with all the bells and whistles offerred (ABS, dual airbags, power everything, climate control; satnav not an option, but I personally don't care). For that kind of money it's a lot of car.

Probably agree. I know nothing about Logan but a modern 12 wagon would be wonderful. As long as it was like a 12 and simple, reliable, comfortable and easy to work on.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Probably agree. I know nothing about Logan but a modern 12 wagon would be wonderful. As long as it was like a 12 and simple, reliable, comfortable and easy to work on.
    That is exactly what it is. I had the timing belt changed in 1/2 hour. I was allowed to assist in the shop and it's the easiest thing you can imagine. Plenty of room around the engine helps too. Next time I'll do it myself. The belt kit has the belt marked such that you can not possibly go wrong; the belt has markers that match corresponding markers on each sprocket it drives, so you know when everything is properly aligned (it drives the injection pump too). I thought that was a brilliant idea to mark the belt like that, no more guessing or tooth counting.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=d...w=1204&bih=616

And yes, you can have it in seven-seater.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 21st January 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    That is exactly what it is. I had the timing belt changed in 1/2 hour. I was allowed to assist in the shop and it's the easiest thing you can imagine. Plenty of room around the engine helps too. Next time I'll do it myself. The belt kit has the belt marked such that you can not possibly go wrong; the belt has markers that match corresponding markers on each sprocket it drives, so you know when everything is properly aligned (it drives the injection pump too). I thought that was a brilliant idea to mark the belt like that, no more guessing or tooth counting.
    In that case bring it on.
    To me Renault have always made brilliant small cars, 4cv, R4, Dauph, R8/10,R12 right up to Clio but there large cars have always been an issure, Fregate, R25, Laguna.

They should stick with what they do best.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

On my trip I have seen a lot of Logans (particularly the MCV model I drove) all over Europe. I have seen dealerships from Sweden to London and Switzerland and everywhere inbetween (I thought I was going to claim the northernmost point to my MCv, but in Uppsala, a white one with Swedish registration parked next to me near the university - so there you go).

I have also seen a lot of Dusters and on the road (I chased one for quite a few miles in Germany) they seemed very competent and with a bit higher stance than just another soccer mum suv.

The little (well not that small, actually) MCV has this strange fuel efficiency. It is more economical in the city than on the freeway. It is true, I pushed mine frequently to 160km/h (indicated - gps read about 145km/h) so that might explain the higher fuel consumption but even then it never went over 9-9.5l/100km. The real surprise is that in the heaviest urban cycle it returned just over 5l/100km. Did 1100km on the tank and went to fill up before the light came on because I was just worried the light might be faulty. It wasn't, as I discovered later.

The longest one day stretch I did in it was London-Lausanne and it didn't tire me. I have a bad back, so it must be pretty comfy. The interior is basic, cheap, plasticky, but functional and efficient. No broken knobs, dials or switchgear. Never gave any trouble starting in the coldest weather and eventually I relinquished my paranoia and started using normal diesel which made absolutely no difference.

I mentioned high speeds. Well, this is the story. It can do 150 (indicated) all day long. It takes a while to get there and you then have to keep your speed as acceleration is not exactly neck snapping. I think 5th is a bit too tall, because at 120km/h it is still not that happy to go in 5th when you're overtaking.

But!

I went to visit a friend in Seefeld (near Innsbruck) and climbed a 16% slope (maybe 3-4km?) in second gear with no problems which I think is quite remarkable.

Otherwise you can potter around town using even 5th, but you're not going to overtake much. Overall though, I think the gearbox/engine combo is well thought out.

Like I said. This car is the first time I thought, yep, this is exactly like a R12. Very impressed. Great little car and cheaper than a Hyundai Getz which has absolutely nothing over it.

Fellow Frogger!

Can they just supply all models in Manual? My 2007 diesel Megane manual had to have a lower level of trim because privelege only came in auto, sad, and it will have to stay until it is very old.

The new CC and diesel only come in auto. Come on Renault, Carefree already make tampon dispensers!

Quote Originally Posted by Melc View Post
    Can they just supply all models in Manual? My 2007 diesel Megane manual had to have a lower level of trim because privelege only came in auto, sad, and it will have to stay until it is very old.

The new CC and diesel only come in auto. Come on Renault, Carefree already make tampon dispensers!
    I second that. I think French car buyers tend more so to be enthusiasts, who prefer manuals. I can understand wanting to limit stock, to save costs, and delivery time, but even if they were available by special order, as BMW did with 3 series. The sales may be incremental, but they might also keep a few customers in the fold.

Also, it would be nice if the Clio 4 came with curtain airbags. I know they won't, and Renault have put the engineering costs into other safety areas, but it curtain airbags as well would be nice.

Still, I guess the above are just nit-picking. Aside from a 1.2 manual, I think the Clio 4 will be the perfect car for me.

A stupidly long lead time between a model being released and it making it to Australia...

And bring back the Scenic.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    In that case bring it on.
    To me Renault have always made brilliant small cars, 4cv, R4, Dauph, R8/10,R12 right up to Clio but there large cars have always been an issure, Fregate, R25, Laguna.

They should stick with what they do best.

Sorry Dave don't agree.

Fregate actually got good reviews at the time and apart from lack of power (done for tax purposes) and it was heavy, actually had very high average speeds, rode and handled gravel roads very well.

R20/30 were brilliant. I'd have a new R30 as a preference to my Kluger any day.

R25 I liked very much accept for crappy interior materials and poor electrics both of which could appear in a car of any size.

I don't have a lot of experience with Laguna. But my daughter has had two now and I have driven them and they seem fine to me. She has had no problems with either.

In any case weren't Renault going to use Mercedes platforms for the large car in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    I second that. I think French car buyers tend more so to be enthusiasts, who prefer manuals. I can understand wanting to limit stock, to save costs, and delivery time, but even if they were available by special order, as BMW did with 3 series. The sales may be incremental, but they might also keep a few customers in the fold.

Also, it would be nice if the Clio 4 came with curtain airbags. I know they won't, and Renault have put the engineering costs into other safety areas, but it curtain airbags as well would be nice.

Still, I guess the above are just nit-picking. Aside from a 1.2 manual, I think the Clio 4 will be the perfect car for me.
    I third the manual comments. I enjoy changing gears and, given the reliability problems with some Renault auto trannies, I'd like to be able to get a manual transmission with upmarket trim.

If there was such a thing as a diesel Megane wagon available for under $30k my wife would probably make me go buy it. Even a petrol model would not be out of the question. We both hate FWD's so a Koleos has no appeal compared to a conventional wagon.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information