R10 Gearbox mounts
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default R10 Gearbox mounts

G/DAY ALL.
    I replaced all the gearbox mounts (top and side ) on Amanda's R10 this afternoon when i had the new top mounts in i then put in the sides after bolting the gearbox half up the crossmember plates were about 12mm away from the crossmember once i convinced them to mate up i noticed the new side rubers were already starting to part away from the gearbox mounting plates, I did all this with the car up on ramps with the cars weight on the wheels and a hydrolic jack under the gearbox, Is this the correct method or have i stuffed up?
    Cheers Peter.

Advertisement

Peter I have had the same problem and instead of tearing the side mounts apart I had to machine two plywood blocks to fill the gap between cross member and mount bracket, and used longer bolts to hold it all together.

I suspect that there are different sized gearbox top mounts that makes all this possible, there is only one bloke I know who could confirm these suspicions, Simon where are you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.jpg 
Views:	1407 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	38507
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Peter is apparently a known problem with the modern day mounts, so I have used 12mm shims to relieve the stress.
    GBS sell these but I just made them from a length of 12mm x 50mm alum rod ( approx $14/ m) from George White in Clayton.

See photos hope this helps.
    Angelo

Fellow Frogger!

That's part of the reason I went with Frans "failsafe mounts".

Thread Information