Heater Core Renault 25
  • Help

Default Heater Core Renault 25

Hi guys.

Would anyone know the best place to get a new R25 heater core. 65 Pounds + 100 Pounds freight from ebay UK is the best I can find at the moment.

Thanks

Advertisement

Andrew

Crikey thats a lot for freight - if you could get that a bit lower then it doesn't seem too bad...

You probably already know this - I believe the Valeo part number is 812015 not sure if that helps in your search...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Theres one free for the taking on my parts car, but its in central Vic. Remind me how hard it is to get out...? Dad might be financially convinced to spend the time to pull it out and post it if you're that keen.

1000+ Posts

Hi-I had some 305 Peugeot rotors sent out from U.K. via ParcelForce-55 quid [app.]& about 5 days so the 100.oo pound freight needs a re-check.

The one in Haakon's back yard makes sense to me though-might have to cool him down with some coldies in the deal though!

Cheers,

Pekay.

At the price of postage, does it get personally delivered on a satin cushion?

I would have thought the pricing would go the other way, the actual item itself sounds too cheap. I would have thought that a heater matrix would cost circa $250 anyway, so if the quality of the item can be verified, it may not be a bad deal all up.

Also I wouldn't want to go secondhand with a matrix either. If the current one is worn out, anything secondhand of the same age can't be too far behind, and it would be false economy to replace it.

How about trying Lifestyle Renault in the UK http://www.lifestyleeurope.co.uk/ren...unbridge-wells they have been helpful in the past, and buying new gives peace of mind that the replacement should last a fair while.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

I've had heater cores refurbished for way less money check out local radiator place

Tadpole

Should be quite accessible to get out and back in. If i remember correctly it's done through the glove compartment, no dash panels dismantling required.

Thanks guys

I contacted the ebay seller again. They had the wrong weight in their system, hence the steep freight cost. Re quoted at 40 pounds. I have taken some parts off a wreak in Adelaide and have removed the dash to get other parts out which has indicated to me that you need to remove the dash to remove the heater core. Based on the time this is going to take I'm thinking it would be wise to put in a new one. I'm thinking if I get a secondhand one, it might not last for much longer.

+1 for replacement with new part if possible....
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Thread Information