2012 retail sales are in
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default 2012 retail sales are in

Hi Guys,

For those of you interested Renault topped the 5000 units sold in 2012.

total of 5011 until up 38% on 2011 and december was 41% up on 2011.

Advertisement

Breakdown of december sales

Total : 559

Koleos : 137
    Megane Hatch : 145
    Fluence 16
    Megane RS: 70
    Kangoo: 56
    Master 41:
    Trafic :55
    Latitude :18
    Clio: 5
    Megane c/c :16

3rd biggest month since 2001

2013 target is 7000
    Rick
    Geelong Vic
    2012 Koleos Dynamique - Family Wagon

PAST:
    Clio RS172 .... Silver - Damn strong car !
    10 Fluence Privilege Sedan Black
    07 RS225 3 door - Monako Blue
    07 Megane Privilege Sedan Black
    Chevrolet Corvette- red of course
    Nissan Skyline GTS turbo - fantastic machine
    Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon -ebayed for profit!

Wow, Renault sell 1 Megane RS for every two 5 door Megane hatches sold. With the minimal discounting on RS models, Renault should be making good margins on their sales, so that as the brand expands (with release of the Clio), they should be resourced to keep up with the growth.

Considering the Clio is due in the middle of the year, I think 7000 would be quite a conservative estimate. Given what I've been reading about the Clio, I suspect it will be the most popular model. I suspect the main thing holding sales back will be the limited transmission/petrol engine combination choices.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    I suspect the main thing holding sales back will be the limited transmission/petrol engine combination choices.
    As well as non-representation in a considerable part of the market - both through the lack of dealers (no dealer between the Sunshine Coast and Townsville or the Gold Coast and Newcastle/Sydney for example) and the lack of choice offered (if you don't want a mid sized hatch, large sedan or small 4WD you have to go elsewhere).
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Tadpole

An encouraging result in a very competitive market. Good to see a second dealer in Perth again. I hope to see many more of the Renault Marque as I drive in 2013. [I find the Mazda 3 & 5 SUV quite ugly].
    2012 508 Allure Diesel
    2012 Megane Diesel
    2012 Koleos Dynamique (Petrol) (Daughter).

Past Benz W124 E220 (burnt out wiring harness $$$) & Benz W210 E240 (blown valve guide seals at 150Km!!ouch$$$$), distant past, Benz W123 300D (2) Benz W115 200D, remote past Mazda 626 Diesel, Tarago Diesel, Gemini Diesel.

Good to see it's heading in the right direction!
    More sales will mean more dealers in the future, I would suspect.
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

And maybe some good deals to be had on those models selling sub 20 units!
    KB

They've just launched a bigger engine in the Latitude (the 3.5l V6 out of the Maxima). According to today's carpoint sales target of the Laguna when it was launched were only 200 a year, but it sold over 300 last year.

Not to be a hater, but the standard bread and butter Megane is a tad underwhelming.

That said, after spending a week driving a MK1 Scenic 2.0 Manual - They should bring these back. Brilliant car!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Cheap finance working well, despite the woeful range of models available (where did 5 Clio sales come from???). I have seen plenty of those fat-arsed Megane RS's on the road, none of the standard model at all! Must be the colours (mustardy yellow prevalent) makes them stand out.

Good news for the brand, but not surprising with an effective 'buy now, pay later' policy.
    Current French: Non
    Current Other: 2011 Nissan Dualis Ti, 2009 Ford WB Fiesta, 1965 Nissan CSP311 Silvia, 1968 Bond Equipe GT

Past Frogs: 1962 Renault R4, 1959 Renault Floride, 2005 Peugeot 206 GTi 180 (RIP)

These Renault figures are exciting.....

Better still, Total Peugoet (5071) sales were 60 up on renault (5011) with at least double the no of dealerships. Renault has now about 29 dealers nationwide and growing with new set-ups in Victoria (Bendigo) and other outside metro areas. Also, note many dealerships are now building state of the art Renault standalone set-ups eg Sydney City Renault and AMR.

I have noticed many new std meganes and Koloes around North West sydney whereas tonnes of RS around lower north shore. Not many in the East yet, but should once AMR and Syd City get into it.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    Not to be a hater, but the standard bread and butter Megane is a tad underwhelming.

That said, after spending a week driving a MK1 Scenic 2.0 Manual - They should bring these back. Brilliant car!
    I totally agree with you regarding the 'brilliance' of the Mk1 Scenic. It is beyond my comprehension that a car company would kill off such a brilliant vehicle, widely heralded as 'Car of the Year', only to replace it with something unmentionable (I am trying to be kind to our Mk2 Scenic owners here!) that proved a total flop, then taken off the market entirely. As John Laws famously used to say: "When you are on to a good thing, stick to it!" The original Scenic would surely have benefitted from successive 'updates' and surfed the wave of it's popularity for many years. I, along with thousands of devoted Scenic Mk1 owners would have totally supported it.

new dealers and new models coming. bigger targets for 2013.
    The new Clio is winning over the press and if priced right should seriously compete with best in class cars on offer here.
    Koleos selling well, Megane and RS going well.
    I think some excitement needs to be injected into the Fluence sedan. How about a GT version with a turbo 1.6 engine sitting lower
    and a bit more of an aggressive look.
    Latitude going ok ....now with the 3.5 V6 it will be more appealing .
    Lets see how 2013 unfolds ....interesting times
    Rick
    Geelong Vic

PAST:

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    As John Laws famously used to say: "When you are on to a good thing, stick to it!"
    He later actually went over to the opposition brand, and massaged the original to "switch to it".

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Fellow Frogger!

During the holidays I covered many km in great comfort with my new 'best friend' the Koleos, which behaved admirably.
    However, in all that time I did not meet even one single other Koleos in the constant flood of the usual 'popular' SUV's.
    Obviously a long row to hoe yet for that unfairly underrated but extremely competent model.
    Perhaps more effective advertising, similar to that for the new Honda CR-V, might catch the attention of more buyers.

1000+ Posts

Who was it that said that loyalty comes at a price ?
    If you've got too much traction, you haven't got enough horse power ...

.2010 Holden Commodore Ute
    2001 Renault Sport Clio Cup 27 of 85
    1973 Alpine Renault A310/4 1600 VE

Quote Originally Posted by 27of85 View Post
    Who was it that said that loyalty comes at a price ?
    John Laws?

I would have to say that the most common Renault I see on the roads around central Victoria is the Series 1 Scenic. I was in Trentham a few weeks ago and there was three of them parked in the main street. The most common new Renault I see would be the Koleos. Given the Scenic's popularity I decided to look through my back issues of Wheels for a road test. The Scenic wasn't tested by Wheels at all. It was included in the 2001 COTY testing, where it was summed up as 'Awful'. Yet it certainly sold well.

There are many predictions the Clio may knock the Polo off the light car podium. It would be nice if it did. Still, that won't ensure sales success. Despite holding the crown at the moment, the Polo is still a relatively slow seller in the light car class, with most inferior (although cheaper, and cheaper to run) competitors outselling it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    I would have to say that the most common Renault I see on the roads around central Victoria is the Series 1 Scenic. I was in Trentham a few weeks ago and there was three of them parked in the main street. The most common new Renault I see would be the Koleos. Given the Scenic's popularity I decided to look through my back issues of Wheels for a road test. The Scenic wasn't tested by Wheels at all. It was included in the 2001 COTY testing, where it was summed up as 'Awful'. Yet it certainly sold well.

There are many predictions the Clio may knock the Polo off the light car podium. It would be nice if it did. Still, that won't ensure sales success. Despite holding the crown at the moment, the Polo is still a relatively slow seller in the light car class, with most inferior (although cheaper, and cheaper to run) competitors outselling it.
    And on the example I've driven the DSG box with the diesel is simply horrible. It grabs at slow speeds, doesn't like changing down and the 1st to 2nd is neck snapping.

The Clio's deserve to do well if the write ups on them so far are anywhere near accurate. The reason VW will win is their higher brand profile and better (in number) dealer network.

Quote Originally Posted by 2353 View Post
    And on the example I've driven the DSG box with the diesel is simply horrible. It grabs at slow speeds, doesn't like changing down and the 1st to 2nd is neck snapping.

The Clio's deserve to do well if the write ups on them so far are anywhere near accurate. The reason VW will win is their higher brand profile and better (in number) dealer network.
    I drove a Polo TSI with DSG. It went OK but I'd never get used to rough gear shifts. Have to say it was most unimpressive as to way it changed gear.

I've heard a whisper than VW are having problems with the longevity of the DSG as well.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I've heard a whisper than VW are having problems with the longevity of the DSG as well.
    When looking for a new car (as we have been recently) and my wife and various people at work who proudly claim to know nothing about cars all are telling me to stay clear of auto VW's, there are numerous threads on the net about the cost of DSG repairs and the only one of the dozen or so I've ever driven that was reasonably like a "traditional" auto was on a Skoda they have at work - VAG have a public relations disaster coming their way.

It could be a good thing (if you sell Renaults, Peugeots or Citroens)!!!!!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Heresay or personal experience?

Interesting.

Must be like saying 'stay away from auto renaults' and getting looks of amazement from those renault autos owners who have had no problems whatsoever.
    You only hear the bad press from those who have had a problem.
    How many people with the box have popped up on forums saying no problems?

Ford with their equivalent of the DSG also have had their share of problems.
    I have had a DSG equipped car for over 7 years with no problems.
    Its an automated MANUAL with no creep, you have to drive it as such.
    DSG has been on the market for 10 years or so.

Let's see how Renault does with their version.
    Easy to build after disecting other makers boxes.
    Hope they fare better.

How many people complain about Holdens boxes lunching after 150K?

David

Fellow Frogger!

Although my limited experience tells me that the DSG style box will win out over the CVT.
    Get used to it - it's the way everyone is heading.

David

DSG's were the god of transmissions when first on the scene. Journo's loved them. They now can them for unrealiabiliy, maintanance and service costs.
    Skoda dont seem to be having the issues VW are having. Also the new 7 speed dsg in audi vw and skoda are maintanance free. But not available on high torque engines ...diesels ect.
    Personelly i am not a vw fan due to cost of ownership and i find them boring....just my opinion. Would i buy a
    Skoda ...... yes more bang for your buck. But I hope the EDC Renault box is a good one as it drives well with the 1.5 oil burner !
    Rick
    Geelong Vic

PAST:

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information