Workshop manuals
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Workshop manuals

Does anyone know whether there is a particular website that sells or allows downloads of Renault workshop manuals? In particular, I am after one for the Renault 5 Alpine (orGordini as it was known in the UK). If anyone has one for sale please PM me.

Cheers

bazzamac

Advertisement

Tadpole

tried ebay?...you can find anything on ebay

Fellow Frogger!

Try <www.pitstop.net.au> and <www.tradebit.com>

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks everyone for your tips. Looks like I may have found one (a Haynes manual) on ebay in the UK. Just waiting on confirmation from the seller that it covers the R5 Gordini and postage cost. Base price seems reasonable.

1000+ Posts

Your'e better off to look for a genuine factory manual rather than a Haynes book of lies

Fellow Frogger!

Haynes is less than accurate with the Gordini. I had one of each, manual and car, and they had very little interaction.

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day bazzamac,

there are a few general coverage links in Download links for manuals, tech data etc that might help you - don't forget to look for server pages whilst you're poking about

There is or was a Haynes version all on line somewhere cos the chapters are here, you'll find a heap of French language stuff at http://megbytes.free.fr/R5Turbo/Docs/ including parts books, useful everywhere.

Let me know if you need the Haynes PDFs. Aha ! found the notes, they were lifted from Scribd.

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    G'day bazzamac,

there are a few general coverage links in Download links for manuals, tech data etc that might help you - don't forget to look for server pages whilst you're poking about

There is or was a Haynes version all on line somewhere cos the chapters are here, you'll find a heap of French language stuff at http://megbytes.free.fr/R5Turbo/Docs/ including parts books, useful everywhere.

Let me know if you need the Haynes PDFs. Aha ! found the notes, they were lifted from Scribd.

cheers,
    Bob
    Thanks Bob. Your reference file showing models, chassis numbers, manuals, motor types etc is very damn useful. If you have PDF files from the Haynes manual on just the type 840 motor and its NG5 gearbox that would be terrific. That's all I need. I see the workshop manual is MR 194 and was wondering is there a source to download it or a way to obtain a copy in English? Would be useful to compare it with the Haynes manual to see if there are any discrepancies. In the meantime, will put the UK purchase of the Haynes manual on hold (must be on hold as no response from the seller yet) and note that the Pitstop Bookshop do have it on sale for $63.95 plus postage. The bookshop provides very good service. Recent purchases have been the rally legends DVD on the R5T and the Bathurst series for my wife for Christmas - she' a real revhead!

Cheers

bazzamac

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day bazzamac,

your NG 5 should be at http://en.renault-club.cz/graphics/m...168/Mrbvng.pdf

MR194 is a bodywork manual, see you can pick it up in the US for $20 http://nashparts.com/Renault/Renault.htm, only ¼" thick, no doubt it will refer you to a couple of other manuals for pretty well everything you want to look at, typical for Régie. It's cheap enough though....

Haynes ex Scribd talks about C-- motors and JB- gearboxes, may not be what you want ? Your R number should clarify all this stuff for you.

See that there are quite a few references in Scribd, http://www.scribd.com/search?query=renault+5 you might like to check them out ? You can safely download from in there, used to be "go for it", but I think that you have to play some sort of game with them now....

Let me know if I can help you.

cheers,
    Bob

ps: most of what is in Scribd has been lifted from somewhere else where you don't have to play games to download....

The MOT. C manual (C for Cleon iron block motor) on Dialogys in PDF format covers the 5 Alpine motor.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

good one Simon.

Bazzamac, see the other thread for the dialogys, download page even still exists, ripper, BIG files.... Nero will make the CDs for you from the NRG files, install instructions are on the download page.

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

Thnaks Bob and Simon

Got the NG5 gearbox details thanks. You're right - MR 194 is the bodywork manual. According to your reference file, the one containing the engine specs must be MR 193. What specifically is the website address for dialogys and for the manual mentioned by Simon? I have googled it and a number of sites appear and I am wary of doing downloads from a site I don't know. One site I looked at went straight into download mode and I got a R18/Fuego manual which I already have. Some also ask you to download a "download program" and I am really wary of that. So advice on a direct link would be really appreciated.

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day bazzamac,

yep, I don't go near those ones that want you to install their "downloader" either

The dialogys are at http://web.archive.org/web/200807052...iles/dialogys/ which is an archive of a Russian site that has been closed or locked up. The files are OK. The link will take you to a "server page", eventually, be patient, you may be redirected to another archive page if this one is down for some reason - don't worry it's all kosher

Download all the files on the page, think that there might be 7 or 8 of 'em, just right click and save or use Downthemall on FF to do the work for you. Some of them are BIG, so be prepared for a bit of a wait, might be a 3 stubbie download

Nero will recreat the install CDs for you from the NRG files, install instructions are in a PDF in the downloaded files.

have fun,
    cheers,
    Bob

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

but wait, there's more....

Another archived site http://web.archive.org/web/200805190...-5.tripod.com/ lousy web colour scheme but in there you will find http://web.archive.org/web/200805190...com/super5.pdf which looks a bit like, just maybe, your MR193, if not it's a close cousin

Have you parts book yet ? PR1073 for the turbo model is here.....

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Bob. Went to the site and downloaded the super5 pdf which looked the goods- all 805 pages but it would not let me read. I was hoping to find something in English. All is not lost. I have a DVD on the Renault 5 Turbo 2 acquired earlier this year from the Pitstop Bookshop. As well as a lot of rally film it has plenty of documentation on the R5T1 and R5T2. It includes the workshop manual Moteur Clon and the parts manual PR1073 but they all are in French (parts manual not much of an issue ) but I will cope with the engine manual using Google Translate and get a Haynes manual anyway. Only after the bits covering the motor and gearbox. So thanks for all your help anyway. When I was in secondary school many moons ago, I gave up French and took up Latin - while I did well with the later in retrospect it was a bad move when many years later I got into Renaults. Would have been damn handy now so will be resuming French classes some time.

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day Bazzamac,

did you get the Dialogys files ? worth the effort.

super5.pdf is Anglaise here, try this one https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28583787/super5.pdf in ten minutes or so.

cheers,
    Bob

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day again,

OK, so the Haynes effort will be at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28583787/Haynes.zip for a day or three, then I'll reclaim the space. Handy animal that DropBox, check it out at http://db.tt/Ty5UTG2 if you don't have it already - easy plus for moving and sharing large files without clogging up your inbox.

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

G'day again,

OK, so the Haynes effort will be at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28583787/Haynes.zip for a day or three, then I'll reclaim the space. Handy animal that DropBox, check it out at http://db.tt/Ty5UTG2 if you don't have it already - easy plus for moving and sharing large files without clogging up your inbox.

cheers,
    Bob
    Thanks Bob. That's terrific. Joined up to Dropbox and downloaded the Haynes manual. As you say, handy animal that dropbox. Now I don't have to buy the Haynes manual! Plus if I want to share files with anyone, I can do what you have just done - magic.

Cheers

Bazzamac

1000+ Posts

Looks like you are o.k. on this Bazza, The BV NG transmission manual 77 11 073 487 (English) appears to cover NG0, NG1, NG2, NG3, and the NG5 as fitted to the Renault 5 according to my hard copy.

Ken

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day Bazzamac,

did you get the super5.pdf from post #17 ? and, the dialogys post #14 ?

Ken, I also have the US NG book 8980 010 523 from 1987, deals with NG0, NG1, NG3 and an NG9 - the others don't get a mention in there. The NG9 is for the Medallion, others for r18 & Fuego. It's like Heinz.....

cheers,
    Bob

1000+ Posts

Icon7 Subtle diffrences, takes a lifetime of learning

G'day Bazzamac,

Ken, I also have the US NG book 8980 010 523 from 1987, deals with NG0, NG1, NG3 and an NG9 - the others don't get a mention in there. The NG9 is for the Medallion, others for r18 & Fuego. It's like Heinz.....

cheers,
    Bob
    Yes that is the American version Bob, I have that too, that is why I put in the English manual full reference, when scouring the internet/ebay for Renault manuals you really have to know the differences, then of course it helps if someone like Simon or Europa can come up with the R factory number combinations that are useful in dealing with the variations as they were delivered in other countries, and of course the Gordini differences.

As a "french car innocent" dragged into that mystery bag only because my daughter decided to take on a Fuego, and dad had to "discover" the french way (at considerable cost too!) then again I went through the same thing with my son when he moved from Fuego's to Porsche 944's and thats a whole new world except that there are lots of forums and parts suppliers that give good pictorial essays to figure out the tricks and traps to those not inculcated in that european heritage of ownership!!

Wonderful aint it!!!

Thats why I value the information held by those (Simon/ Europa/Haakon/yourself and others on Aussie Frogs) that have owned or been around them for most of their lives, the depth of knowledge and help here is outstanding!!

May all froggers have a great New Year in good health and prosperity!

Ken

Fellow Frogger!

G'day Bazzamac,

cheers,
    Bob
    Hi Bob

Yes, thank you, I got the super5.pdf but as explained in my earlier post the dialogys would not let me read the file. Am working on using the French version of the factory manual plus using the Haynes manual you provided via the dropbox.

Cheers

bazzamac

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day bazzamac,

Quote Originally Posted by bazzamac View Post
    .....the dialogys would not let me read the file......
    I don't quite understand the problem ? The download is basically some very large NRG files, which you use with Nero [and probably other burners as well] to create the install disks. I seem to recall, that one extra disk had a directory problem that windoze couldn't handle cos of the Russian writing - you fix this by copying the created disk to your hard drive and changing the offending directory name.

There is a PDF there that tells you how to do the install.

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Bob but I think I have all I need for the moment. Just need to do a bit of transaltion from French to English and see if any differences between the factory manual and the Haynes one.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information