Caravelle fuel tank for Floride
  • Help
    somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Default Caravelle fuel tank for Floride

I wonder if anyone has a Caravelle fuel tank like the one attached that they would like to sell.

The new floride that I got has been Caravelleized and has had the original fuel tank removed due to the tie rods with one now installed against the rear parcel shelf and engine. As I wish to instal the radiator in the original position I'll have to remove the tank and relocate though the one pictured looks like it you could still fit in the radiator and surround.

No, I don't wish to put the tank in the boot or front as my other Floride has if I don't have to, so I'm putting it out there does anyone have any idea's. Is the Dauphine or Dauphine G or 4cv different to the floride fuel tank and will it fit in the back somewhere and still allow some air in through the side air intakes and fit in the radiator.

Advertisement

John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Are you sure that's a Caravelle tank, I thought they were all up higher behind the seat?

I may be able to get one from a Floride 'S' in a couple of weeks if that's what you are after?
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I think it may be from a convertable Caravelle as it looks like a larger parcel shelf for the soft top.

There were up to five or six different tanks I think, and have never really looked into it, so whether a FlorideS tank is the same as the one pictured I wouldn't know but as it's a convertable it should be you'd think, though what I'm looking for is one that isn't sitting up high but is down low and tucked in under the parcel shelf as a convertable would have perhaps.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Just looking through my reference books I would say the tank you have pictured is from an R1131..looks like there were two different low slung tanks for that model.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Thread Information