Unrestored car wanted for TV Commercial
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Unrestored car wanted for TV Commercial

I have been contacted by Vantage Agency which sources vehicles for use in TV commercials. Here is the text of their email and contact details if any one is interested. Shan has mentioned that ideally the car should be in Canberra and the shoot is at Duntroon and for an army TV commercial. Unfortunately I do not have an unrestored vehicle so I am out. Would have been a worthwhile experience apart from whatever they are willing to pay.

"Dear Barry,

My company sources vehicles for TV and film productions, we currently have a client needing an older (1970s/80s), rough condition sedan for a TV commercial. Any colour, rougher the better. Maybe something someone is about to restore? Ideally a European or Japanese model. The car does not need to be registered. The scene is meant to be a barbwire sytle check point in the Middle East. The car is only a background prop and I don't think it is being driven in the scene. The shoot is in Canberra on Wednesday the 5th of Dec. The owner is welcome to stay on set with the car if they like. Of course this is a paid job.

Please let me know if any of of your members might have a suitible car they would be interested in putting forward?

Many thanks,

Advertisement

Shan
    Vantage Agency
    02 9999 6622"

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Just throw a bit of dirt over your Alpine, Barry. Include yourself in the shoot as a terrorist!

Alastair

I've got a rusty old GL12 wagon in Perth if you want to drive it in and out (all registered and healthy mechs). Would look right at home in the middle east. You can borrow it free.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair Browne View Post
    Just throw a bit of dirt over your Alpine, Barry. Include yourself in the shoot as a terrorist!

Alastair
    Are you implying that offering a vehicle would convey the message that French cars are the preferred vehicle of terrorists? The request I received says it would only be a "background prop" and it was thought "that it would not be driven". Nothing was said about it being used by terrorists. A French car in the ad would not be out of place given that there are quite a few old R12s and Pugs in the Middle East. Of course, it is up to the owner whether he would like his car to be in the ad. I suspect most punters who would view the ad wouldn't know what car it was anyway. I would think that an Alpine would be out of place unless it was a rally passing thru and then they wouldn't be able to catch it.

Shame I took the R21 back home to Victoria already...

Unrestored car wanted for TV Commercial-img_2223.jpgUnrestored car wanted for TV Commercial-img_2224.jpgim in canberra and have a rusty old r12.
    Last edited by le frogg 205; 25th November 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by le frogg 205 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2223.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	36967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2224.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	36968im in canberra and have a rusty old r12.
    Of which the wheels may be worth more than the car itself :-)
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Of which the wheels may be worth more than the car itself :-)

why is that? ( i have no idea about the car as i have had it for a week )

Fellow Frogger!

I know it's not froggy, but I have a very rusty and dilapidated 1975 Volvo 242DL (still drives!) that is intended to be restored.

I'm in Canberra.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Selekta View Post
    I know it's not froggy, but I have a very rusty and dilapidated 1975 Volvo 242DL (still drives!) that is intended to be restored.

I'm in Canberra.
    They are after anything European or Japanese so if you think your car could fit the bill, get in touch direct with the organisers - contact details are in the email at beginning of this thread.

Cheers

bazzamac

Quote Originally Posted by le frogg 205 View Post
    why is that? ( i have no idea about the car as i have had it for a week )
    OK, I may have been a bit over optimistic with my statement, given what the last 17TS sold for :-). However, that car is fitted with wide Gordini rims, probably the best single thing to do to a 12. They drive so much nicer with the wide rims and decent tyres.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Hi Simon

I would love a set of wide rims for my R8, 1" wider than standard of course. Know anybody that might have a set ??

Cheers phil

Thread Information