R8 1963 Complete Car for sale as PARTS
  • Help

Default R8 1963 Complete Car for sale as PARTS

Hi fellow Froggers,

We have taken into consideration everyones suggestion to shelve the project, but have decided 100% that we have changed paths.

Advertisement

Hence we now have a complete 1963 R8 in parts to sell. All of those that have already asked for parts will receive PM's soon. 59 Floride, as you were so generous to give us the part we asked for a few weeks back, you can have any bits you require bar those already asked for by others.

The shell is a rare step roof. We are happy to donate this part to anyone who may want it as we could not bring ourselfs to scrap it. So someone please take it off our hands.

The doors all HAD rust in them but that has been cut out and welded up, just need filler and paint.

There are 2 engine covers and all the other panels. Front left gaurd is poor (been in an accident and is very streched, I have shrunk some of the streching out of it but needs more). All other panels are in ok condition, minor rust in some.

Reasonably new set of Koni's all round. Not Gas, oil only.

Original rims (all 5) with brand new Michelin 125 R15 tyres.

R8 1963 Complete Car for sale as PARTS-imag0148.jpg

All the other standard bits.

Please ask all questions first before bidding. Bidders with negative feedback will be removed.

Thanks, Paul & Jodie K
    Try anything once; except incest and folk dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by JodieK View Post
    Hi fellow Froggers,

We have taken into consideration everyones suggestion to shelve the project, but have decided 100% that we have changed paths.

Hence we now have a complete 1963 R8 in parts to sell. All of those that have already asked for parts will receive PM's soon. 59 Floride, as you were so generous to give us the part we asked for a few weeks back, you can have any bits you require bar those already asked for by others.

The shell is a rare step roof. We are happy to donate this part to anyone who may want it as we could not bring ourselfs to scrap it. So someone please take it off our hands.

The doors all HAD rust in them but that has been cut out and welded up, just need filler and paint.
    All the other standard bits. Please ask all questions first before bidding. Bidders with negative feedback will be removed.

Thanks, Paul & Jodie K
    Ah well, best of luck with the disposal.

I've acquired the two doors I need in WA, so won't go the the joys of getting them across from you.

I'm keen to get the rear Konis if they are 80-1974. This size is unavailable now but is correct for R8. They at least are easily postable.

Did you really mean the tyres are 125 x 15 rather than 135x15?

From over here it is too hard to think about getting bigger things over, as I'd be keen to get a couple of rims, but I think realistically it is too hard. And I don't want to get you into an endless round of "can you pack this (extremely big and awkward piece) and send it to ....?" as that would be terrible for you.

So best of luck, again.

If no-one has asked for the Konis and they are 80-1974 size, PM me with what you'd ask for them please. Or ask me to make a PM offer.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Ah well, best of luck with the disposal.

I'm keen to get the rear Konis if they are 80-1974. This size is unavailable now but is correct for R8. They at least are easily postable.

Did you really mean the tyres are 125 x 15 rather than 135x15?

So best of luck, again.

If no-one has asked for the Konis and they are 80-1974 size, PM me with what you'd ask for them please. Or ask me to make a PM offer.

Cheers
    Seems I made a mistake assuming the rear shocks were Koni's
    They have Sachs stamped on them,30 1700 580 001 (30 x 130) and are not that new at all.

Front shocks are Koni's 80 1743SP3 CR Adjustable and are resonably new.

Yes, Tyre size is definitly 125 R15

Thanks, PK
    Try anything once; except incest and folk dancing.

If they are 125 x 15, try posting on the Citroen forum, as that size is more suited to the Citroen 2CV than the R8/10 which is fitted with a minimum of 135 x 15 size tyres.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Seems I made a mistake assuming the rear shocks were Koni's
    They have Sachs stamped on them,30 1700 580 001 (30 x 130) and are not that new at all.

Front shocks are Koni's 80 1743SP3 CR Adjustable and are resonably new.

Thanks, PK
    No worries then. Thanks for letting me know.

Those front Konis should come with the "extended" type of lower mounting brackets which really would best be sold with the shock absorbers.

Cheers and best wishes for the sale.

There's a Citroen club in every state, so approaching them re the tyres would probably work, following Simon's correct advice.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information