2002 Scenic Central locking failure, as well as broken window mechanism
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2002 Scenic Central locking failure, as well as broken window mechanism

As of this morning, the central locking does not unlock the driver's door of my 2002 Scenic Dynamique, although other doors are unlocked with key press. I have never had a single issue with it, and have had the car since new. It unlocked perfectly at 7.30 last night. I'm petrified to ask Renault what they want to charge to fix this.

The rear driver's side window also appears to have slipped off its cable/mechanism, which happened one week ago. The motor operates but it will not raise the window. It can be easily lifted by hand but slips right back down. Renault is asking $660 to "repair" this.

Can anyone advise where, or what kind of business I should try, to get these items repaired for a reasonable cost? I'm in Geelong.

Truth is, everything seems to be going at once. The car has never been involved in an accident, I'm the main driver, it has less than 122k original kilometres on it. Brake booster needs work, transmission is slipping, now the window and door thing. Seems like built-in obsolescence.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Cecile View Post
    As of this morning, the central locking does not unlock the driver's door of my 2002 Scenic Dynamique, although other doors are unlocked with key press. I have never had a single issue with it, and have had the car since new. It unlocked perfectly at 7.30 last night. I'm petrified to ask Renault what they want to charge to fix this.

The rear driver's side window also appears to have slipped off its cable/mechanism, which happened one week ago. The motor operates but it will not raise the window. It can be easily lifted by hand but slips right back down. Renault is asking $660 to "repair" this.

Can anyone advise where, or what kind of business I should try, to get these items repaired for a reasonable cost? I'm in Geelong.

Truth is, everything seems to be going at once. The car has never been involved in an accident, I'm the main driver, it has less than 122k original kilometres on it. Brake booster needs work, transmission is slipping, now the window and door thing. Seems like built-in obsolescence.

Sounds like normal wear and tear for a 10 year old car, your lucky you didn't buy a Peugeot 206 or you'd really have something to complain about. As cars are getting older Scenics are prooving to one of the better buys.

second hand window reg is $137.50
    second hand door lock solonoid is $110
    freight to Geelong $22

There both fairly simple things to replace, should only take about 1 hr each. Any mechanic should be able to cope
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Thread Information