2 x Renault Fuego Turbos - just listed on ebay
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2 x Renault Fuego Turbos - just listed on ebay

Default 2 x Renault Fuego Turbos - just listed on ebay

Blue Fuego Turbo - import from New Zealand, mechanically perfect, very straight body.

Red Fuego Turbo - import from United Kingdom, genuine 30,000km only, mechanically perfect.

Advertisement

Both just listed on ebay

I dont get this supply thing...none, and then all of them.

Why in queensland too???

I'd like one, or four, but bad timing personaly.

Jo

Fellow Frogger!

Where on ebay - looked at ebay.com.au but do not see them - are they sold already. Sanath flooding the market!!!

COL
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Col. I did see them but didn't think they were Sanath's cars as I thought they would be in better condition than they appear in the photos. I already have a Fuego Turbo which Sanath has seen on a visit to Canberra a while ago. Best I concentrate on my A110.

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

I see the Blue one, which I had been watching, went for $1346. Would have been agood buy for someone. Anyone here? How much did the red one go for?

Alastair

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Alistair

Looks like the red one went for $2650 to Launceston.

Very cheap buy.

bazzamac

1000+ Posts

Hah

wasn't bought by Australdi -just checked

And yes that was an inexpensive buy, as I paid $3,000 plus for my own non turbo, but with low km's at the time. I guess that if you factor in the cost of freight/transport to Tasmania it's a bit more expensive after that exercise.

Have to be a dedicated fuegophile or fuggymobiler to do that.

Sanath must be just about back in favour with the better half..... How many left now mate!

Ken.
    HONG KONG PUGGY likes this.

Is it just me, or is the 1.6 turbo model sorta pointless vs a 2ltr?

Do they have more get up and go, and does it introduce turbo lag?

Sure they are rare here, not bagging anyone's new ride... just asking.

$100 flight, $98 + $120 boat and car... could be fairly cheap in that you can get them on with an unregistered permit, given they run.

it's aprox 3.5k to get a 20ft shipping container over. Could get 2 Fuegos into a container with a bunch of parts.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Hi vivid, yes you a right. There is no point. All the weight gain the lost in the turbo stickers

But as many people, including most reviewers, you miss the point of the fuego turbo. It was the first true mass production fwd drv petrol turbo small engined car. The car was years ahead of its time. And yes they got a lot of things wrong: the engine overheats too easily due to the small radiator (not a problem here in Tassie ), the gearratio are too close together, the turbo doesn't kick in till 3d gear, and they should have put in a more advanced engine, the electrics get fried all the time and they rust too easily.

But still the styling and forward thinking of Renault at that time was groundbreaking. These things also makes good fuego turbo's very hard to find.

If I wanted a sports car with ooph and reliability, I would have bought a Nissan skyline

No really, the fuego wasn't designed to be the fastest. They designed a comfortable relative fast sport coupe that would sell well to the masses who love gadgets. The fuego turbo marketing campaign is still considered as one of the best and most successful ever.

Hence the soft suspension, a turbo that gives you only overtaking power, a turbo pressure meter, a large amount of windscreen wipers, those idiotic big stickers with turbo, a sunroof that is bigger then the Eiffel tower. But then again, I love that..

Currently the car is not running and it will need to be picked up by French cars in Brisbane. Sanath and I are finalizing some things for things to proceed. I have not seen the car as I have a 2 week old baby at home. I will have to transport the car from Brisbane to Launceston. If you know of any suggestions on good transporters please let me know via pm

Hi Jorgen,

Congrats on the purchase.

I am not one to preach about 'practical' cars, I own x6 16s of various models and decay. I also have a Fuego PH1 that I always enjoyed driving and couldn't part with when my children came, and 2 doors wasn't enough.

Ive been traveling back and forth from TAS for over a year now (in Melb at the moment sorting my car collections living arrangements) and I love coming back to the peacefulness of TAS. We are South of Hobart... I miss it already and I haven't been here a week yet.

Id say the cheapest way you'd get the car would be on a trailer, on the boat, which would end up around the $1k mark (they have TAS people by the proverbials) if you can find someone coming over with an empty trailer. If it was running you could put it on an unregistered permit and tow it dock to dock.

Alternately you could share a container.. 3.5k for a 20, 6 or so for a 40.

The ferries need some competition badly. I still have a container stuck in Burnie accruing charges sitting on the docks, I need to empty them as soon as I fly back to TAS.

It can all be a very expensive exercise, running vehicles will definitely save money.

Be thankful your in Launceston and not as far south as you could get like us. Container transport down the island works out over 2k ouch!

If the ferries were cheaper Id be driving over all the time for work, instead Im sorting my best 16 to drive when Im in Melb.
    Last edited by vivid; 12th November 2013 at 09:15 AM.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I've always thought it bizare that Renault did that with the Fuego. Citroen did the CX turbo in '84 from memory. How did they with no turbo charging experience get it "so right", yet with Renaults immense experiance with turbo's, they managed the carby turbo fuego

I think the turbo fuego would be a bit of fun either way. Certainly it would be hilarious to drive such an "loud" turbo charged car that your average kia/hi-undi would beat away from the lights

I'd love to have a Renault 5 turbo as a toy car (no not the rear engine monster, the standard FWD 5 GT).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I think the reason is simple; Renault was running out of money, so they choose convenience. The Renault 18 had the proven and reliable 1.6 without fuel injection.

And as you will know the fuel injection in the CX has some issues too. But overall it was a great gamble by Citroen that worked well. And it saved themselves to not to offer a v6. I owned in the netherlands a 2400 manual that I loved. it was very underpowered though. The turbo would have transformed the car.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I'd love to have a Renault 5 turbo as a toy car (no not the rear engine monster, the standard FWD 5 GT).
    I have the 'go fast bits' for my R5TS, except for an alpine gearbox. Not the GT, an Alpine turbo motor. Already upgraded to all discs.

The Alpine Turbo R5 motor is a 1.2 isn't it?
    Mines all boxed up in storage.

I was thinking they'd be good in the back of a Dauphine. 2.2L head from an R25 for the Fuego.