Adelaide French car day
  • Help

Default Adelaide French car day

Hey Adelaide Frogs, the French car day is on next Sunday Oct 21st. The event will be held at the Civic Park opposite Tea Tree Plaza shopping center so drag out the Renault, give it a wash and a polish and come along and meet a good mob of like minded people. Loris and I will be there driving one of Dave Hicks R8s.
    Come along and swap some stories and information.
    Regards
    Chopper Bob

Advertisement

C'mon guys, bring your pride and joy out for the day and put it on show. Remember classic cars wear out if you leave them in the garage. They last twice as long if you use them. It only costs $5 entry. Just show up on the day, no entry form required. Come along, help make it a great day. c u there. We will have at least 5 R8s this year including a Gordini. Ya gotta be happy with that!
    Regards
    Chopper Bob

I'd love to bring Clive along to that Chopper Bob, not that Clive is worthy of showing but it would be fun anyway. Unfortunately the trouble n strife is up to no good again and will likely be back in hospital again

So when are you bringing your fine 8G to show n tell (my place) ? Is it alive again ? You may have seen me terrorising Littlehampton and Mt Barker in Clive again. Retensioned the head, set tappets, played with the timing and mixtures on the weekend and the little beast goes like a rocket (considering it still has a standard 12 carby and manifolds) !
    cheers,

John

Hi John,

I passed you on the SE Freeway yesterday morning heading to work, keeping up with the flow just nicely in the little beast!! My R10 will be joining yours terrorising the Mt Barker streets very soon once i've put my wide wheels on and the new exhaust she'll be a goer!

Anthony
    Current Frogs:

1964 Renault 8 (1289 / Sonics)
    1968 Renault 10 (Modified 1.4L Alpine White)

The R8G progresses very slowly. Cat cams in the UK are supplying the camshaft but it has not arrived as yet. The 5 speed gearbox is being brought up to scratch as we speak and everything that can be painted in the engine compartment has been done so it is just a matter of getting the cam and gearbox and starting the rebuild process.John, I will bring it around on completion but I cant give you a date yet.
    Anthony, good to hear the R10 will be back on the road soon.
    I hope to see you both at the FCD even if your cars are not yet ready.
    Regards
    Chopper Bob

Quote Originally Posted by R10S FAN View Post
    Hi John,

I passed you on the SE Freeway yesterday morning heading to work, keeping up with the flow just nicely in the little beast!! My R10 will be joining yours terrorising the Mt Barker streets very soon once i've put my wide wheels on and the new exhaust she'll be a goer!

Anthony
    Another one hooning around Mt Barker ? Great news ! Might have to have a race through the township (The Italian Job) style ! Just need Chopper Bob chasing us in the 8G
    cheers,

John

hi bob,we will be there.looking forward to catching up with everyone again.a picnic lunch,a bit of red and good company,sounds great

cheers brian

Brian: We are looking forward to catching up. See you there.
    Jman: It would be my pleasure to chase you through Mt Barker. I just need to get the car finished! heard this morning the camshaft is on its way. Yay, going with the adjustable cam sprocket to make is easier for gumby's like me.
    Regards
    Chopper Bob

I'd love to bring my R10 to the FCD but unfortunately have to work from 10-4pm, would've been great to catch up with some old faces and meet some new ones! Might pop down to Strathalbyn Swap Meet before work and buy more crap i don't need!
    Current Frogs:

1964 Renault 8 (1289 / Sonics)
    1968 Renault 10 (Modified 1.4L Alpine White)

I'll be there. Should be in the A110 if all goes well in giving it a wash on Saturday.
    Looking forward to catching up/meeting you all.

Robert
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2008 Clio X85 Cup Racer
    2014 Megane RS275 Trophy R
    2015 Koleos Expression

Onya Rob, look forward to catching up and having a perv at the A110.
    Come on everybody else. Driven not hidden!!!!
    Regards
    Chopper Bob

Good for you Bob, stir up the Adelaide Froggies, the more the merrier. Just spent 4 hours today giving the R8 a Maguires spit and polish, looks great. I tried to perswade Anthony to come to the FCD but work has him, his R10 has only 63K original miles, purrrs like a kitten, so nice to hear that pure engine sound that I have never forgotten after all these years. Can't wait for the FCD, see you there mate. I'm at Blackwood all day tomorrow doing the Son's garden, thanks to Anthony, Sleepers and Creepers, great loam to be spread by us .

Cheers

Phil

Clio Williams is regency cleared but suffering a warped axle
    And requires a cam belt and clutch change and full service.

3 weeks away

Sunday is a no go

Mount barker hooning sounds fun

Does anyone know what time it kicks off tomorrow and when it finishes ? Clive the R10 wants to meet some fellow frenchies and I'd like to check out the R8G and Alpine ! Hopefully there may be a 750 & Dauphine there as well
    cheers,

John

11:00am John. See you there in your new engined R10 so I hear.
    Cheers

phil

Thanks Phil, looking forward to going and catching up with some fellow froggers
    Depending on how my wife is doing, if she's well enough to come along, we'll probably take her car (more forgiving ride) but if she's not up for it, I'll bring Clive along and you can hear his naughty lumpy new engine
    cheers,

John

Doncha just hate people who have a French car and it is not ready to show on FCD...........er that would be me, Bugger!! Hopefully next year. It will be great to catch up with everybody though and Loris and I will be there in Dave's very sweet R8. See you there.
    Regards
    Chopper Bob

Is this event always on around this time?
    A few years ago I tried to get a national calendar of events together for those that might want to venture interstate but need a little time to plan. I'll mark this one down. Maybe next year can you give more notice on Aussiefrogs please Bob.
    KB
    KB

Hope it went well Bob.

It was the Perth French Car Festival yesterday too, with perfect weather and the best, most diverse turn out for a long time. Good support from the dealers no doubt due to Zykyra's efforts.

Apart from the usual suspects with 4CV, R8, Caravelle, 10S etc, we had two R4s, two A110s, two R8 Gs and a 25. We lacked Dauphines (there are a couple out there somewhere) and haven't had a 16 since I sold mine. But a round-eye R10 turned up in fairly good condition - hadn't seen one for many years.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper Bob View Post
    Doncha just hate people who have a French car and it is not ready to show on FCD...........er that would be me, Bugger!! Hopefully next year. It will be great to catch up with everybody though and Loris and I will be there in Dave's very sweet R8. See you there.
    Regards
    Chopper Bob
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Is this event always on around this time?
    A few years ago I tried to get a national calendar of events together for those that might want to venture interstate but need a little time to plan. I'll mark this one down. Maybe next year can you give more notice on Aussiefrogs please Bob.
    KB
    The Presidents of the various clubs had a bit of a phone or email get together a few months back with the idea of putting out a national calender of major events. Wonder what ever happened to it? RCCQ has had a few major events over the last 5 years and along with the 4cv Registers Rear Engine Musters every 2 years it does take a bit of keeping up with financially. I think that given a chance there are several of us that would travel to WA and to Tas for a major event. But the next 3 years are booked. 2013 Junee, 2014 Brisbane a 2 week tour over Easter with French participation. Then 2015 Rear engine gathering again. They need to be advertised well in advance for example some thing for 2016 would be good.

I managed to get there late on the day for a look and i'm so glad I did too. Bumped in to some fellow froggers (Chopper Bob, Phil and Dave) and saw some fantastic cars there too. My favourite for the day was the purple 4CV just awesome

Here are some happy snaps -

Adelaide French car day-img_2289.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2292.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2293.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2294.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2295.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2296.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2297.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2298.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2299.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2300.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2301.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2302.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2303.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2304.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2305.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2306.jpg
    Adelaide French car day-img_2291.jpgAdelaide French car day-img_2290.jpg
    Last edited by J-man; 22nd October 2012 at 09:23 PM.
    cheers,

John

Thank you everyone for help making it a fantastic FCD We had a lot more interest than last year and like the Perth day which John reported on the weather was very kind to us. 5 R8s including an R8G, a very original R10 with low miles and Robs very tasty little A110 together with 3 750s and an R5 That pretty much rounded out the Renault contingent, then there was an excellent showing of Peugots and Citroens. The Renault dealer brought along the RS 265 Megane....Where do I sign for that tasy bit of performance car?
    All up, great day. Thank to David for allowing Loris and I to drive his very nice, original 1965 R8 for the day. It drives, sounds and handles like a new car and brought back many fond memories of my 1966 R8 which I bought new.
    Thanks and regards
    Chopper Bob

Thread Information