Brisbane auction
  • Register
  • Help

Default Brisbane auction

Lots of lovely new and new-ish cars going under the hammer:
    http://www.manheim.com.au/passenger-.../cart001/page1

Advertisement

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

Cartwrights dealer stock?
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

A 2009 Koldeos with only 151km? That's at least 3 years old, I would not have expected a dealer to have held it in stock for that long.

Damn and have no money to spend, always the way :p

Fellow Frogger!

Well, I suppose that is one way to bump up sales of Renault vehicles: flog them off cheaply!
    This lot certainly looks like dealer's 'surplus stock".
    Perhaps there will be a few more on the road as a result of this sale. If anybody wants them that is.
    After owning my QM5 for six months, I am still on my very own out there it seems.
    Pity that I bought mine a few months ago, at full price and no freebies.
    Aah well, suck it up baby! Such is life.

Well I buy a Renault Koloes ( cheap) if they had turbo diesel auto because Nissan service them in Darwin. Other wise a laptop and appropriate computer software is required.

NT Reno

Cartwright's stock - also Cherys and Citroens.
    But when Renault are offering such good finance and servicing deals, you'd have to be getting them at a very good price.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    But when Renault are offering such good finance and servicing deals, you'd have to be getting them at a very good price.
    Exactly. But, IMO there is only one car in the auction that would be worth bothering about, and then you'd have to like the pre-weathered matt red paint it comes in.

Also, prior to buying it may be worth calling Renault Australia to ascertain the warranty conditions on the new (not yet delivered) vehicles. As some may not yet have had their PDI, the Renault new vehicle warranty may be invalidated if the vehicle is driven any distance without an initial PDI by a Renault dealer to check it has been screwed together and topped up properly at the factory.

Also, if the new cars are covered by a Renault new vehicle warranty, it would be an idea to ask when the warranty commences. The usual new car line being: "The warranty period begins when the vehicle is first registered, or put into use, whichever is the earlier". Just to find out what date Renault Australia would consider the "put into use" date to be.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Fellow Frogger!

When I was 'shopping' for a new QM5 aka Koleos earlier this year, Cartwright had all these pre-facelift ones (obviously traded for the new better looking model) for sale at around $18,000. I wager that you would probably pick them up for around $10,000 or less now, unless they have reserve prices on them, which I doubt. I would like a Privilege with all the bells and whistles, but would quite probably not be able to sell my new Expression. Pity that the Koleos is considered such a dog in the local market, quite undeservedly so, because it is really an excellent vehicle for the price.

My friend has checked out the auction today. Some of the cars havent moved for a long time (possibly 2 years). Do you guys know what this would do to the electrics/engine/brakes? Lots of debris in engine bay (leaf litter/dirt etc). Biggest problem is the uncertainty over the factory warranty. The people at the auction couldnt give an answer on this.
    As any auction it depends on Risk vs price. Auction price should be considerably less than redbook based on the number of cars and their condition.

They should be fine. Biggest issue would be sun damage if they were parked outside, and perhaps needing a new battery.

No timing belts on these to worry about. Give them a change of vital juices and a clean up and all should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by KK Puggy View Post
    Do you guys know what this would do to the electrics/engine/brakes? Lots of debris in engine bay (leaf litter/dirt etc). Biggest problem is the uncertainty over the factory warranty. The people at the auction couldnt give an answer on this.
    Regarding the factory warranty, it would be best to call Renault Australia on 1800 009 008, and quote the VIN number of the relevant vehicle. If RA are on the ball, they will have a list with details of the cars involved and give an instant response on whether the cars will be covered by a factory warranty, and the various terms and conditions, or if they won't be covered by a warranty. I'd guess that RA were offered the new cars, but declined, as the liquidators would likely want to be seen to maximise returns for themselves and the creditors.

As the new cars have been standing, you would want to check that they are complete, it wouldn't be the first time floor stock has been ratted to quickly fix a customer car. And in this case the cars may not have been fully reinstated. Also check for interior water damage from a blocked leaf litter plenum chamber, and general under bonnet electrics damage if water has overflowed, as well as rust around door seals. Tyres should be examined if they have been allowed to get flat, then a full fluid change. Then there are the various PDI things, such as if they have various transit chocks in place etc from not having their PDI inspection.

What would be more interesting is the general clearing sale, if the CLIP computers, special tools and service documentation (even a PDI document!) were/will be sold. I'm guessing RA will want to claim the juicy stuff.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Tadpole

HI,

I just got confirmation from Manheim that the new cars may not be under factory waranty until they have had a Pre Inspection from Renault. This means it will ultimately be up to Renault Australia if they will honor the factory waranty or not.

The other issue is when would the factory waranty start, should be from day of 1st registration?

IMHO -It would not be a good PR decision from Renault not to honor the factory waranty, if they believe in their cars are well made and reliable they should show it.

[QUOTE=Simon;1107441]Regarding the factory warranty, it would be best to call Renault Australia on 1800 009 008, and quote the VIN number of the relevant vehicle. If RA are on the ball, they will have a list with details of the cars involved and give an instant response on whether the cars will be covered by a factory warranty, and the various terms and conditions, or if they won't be covered by a warranty. I'd guess that RA were offered the new cars, but declined, as the liquidators would likely want to be seen to maximise returns for themselves and the creditors.
    QUOTE]

Fellow Frogger!

Today I had a very good look at most of the cars to be auctioned in this lot, (and there are a lot!) and they all look fine to me.
    They are clean and appear in top condition and obviously prepared for sale. Even the slightly used ones. However, I wonder about the prices they will fetch after I witnessed the auction process for a few hours today. It is savage! Perfectly good late model cars are going for a pittance. Even the 'popular' makes like Toyota, Holden, Ford, Nissan etc. get 'knocked down' for a song. This huge mob of Renaults will struggle to fetch fair prices. Three hundred Renault enthusiasts are not going to suddenly appear out of thin air. My advice is: if you are after a good Renault for a laughable price, then attend this auction, either in person or on the net. I am after LOT 10, a new 1012 Koleos Dynamique 4WD and my limit will be $20,000. Will see how I go!
    Last edited by Breitie; 9th October 2012 at 05:52 PM.

sigh. no money, and no chance of doing anything about it tomorrow anyway, what with work commitments being as they are.

I'd be mighty keen on the old shape C4 or any one of the megane hatches.

oh well.

Remember to also factor in buyer's charges (around 540 on 17000 from memory), stamp duty and rego.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

I can also attest to the red Astra pollution-mobile being in pristine condition - its what the dealer picked me up from the Gold Coast airport in when I went to collect the Megane.

Cant help but wonder what my Megane2 would have gone for had I waited for them to go bankrupt!

Tadpole

I had a look at about 30 cars, took me about 2 hours and I was exhausted. My main concern is some are in very good condition but a lot of the fluence and meganes had way more dirt/debris in the engine bay, esp just below the windscreen. Really dont understand why they are so dirty. Some were quite faded, esp matt black around the doors and rust around the alternators. Most were very clean inside, but found one that had 2 large dents in the door and a screw in the tyre and nothing listed in the condition report . Just depends on the end prices I suppose. What really surprised me was how low the dealers are selling new cars , went to city dealer today and they are selling new Fluence drive away for $19890 and a few ex rentals 2011's with 20000ks and auto for 16-17000 drive away, these are sticker prices! Thats pretty savage depreciation. Lovely to drive though. Will see tomorrow.

A nearly new car with bugger all Km on at the right price, in my mind at least , with warranty or the balance thereof beats just about anything on the market. My last three "new" Renaults have all been dealer demos at a huge discount and good warranty. And not a major, even minor problem with any of them.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I went to the auction for couple of hours. Left roughly halftime.

Some silly prices, others ok. The Dealers seemed to be setting a floor under the new ones at around $10,000 under retail, then there is GST, auction fees, getting it home, rego, dealer pre-delivery charges (if you want new car warranty) etc

Well the newish Meganes were all beyond our limited budget, so I haven't converted back to Renault ownership.
    Bruce H

Tadpole

I stayed 3/4 of the way, very silly prices on some things but no bargains. OK on the higher end Lattitudes/Koleos. No idea why people are spending $14 000 (+ fees+ rego) on 2010/2011 Megane/Fluence, when you can get the same car from a dealer for $1000 more. New autos were $17500 + fees (2011/12's). Even the Manuals were high, $12750 for lot 28 and $14500 for lot #2.

The 06 Master with 285,000 km got me. It went for $8,500, with on costs regos etc iI would not be surprised if it cost $11-12K all up and you can get one on car sales for around $9,000.

1000+ Posts

Yep, i stayed till the end. I agree with all of the above....prices were generally around the 25-30% off retail then there are all the fees ...so not really a bargainfest IMHO
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Good for the liquidators and debtors I guess. Good thing I wasn't particularly keen on any of them - besides, their website wouldn't let me on anyway...

Seems auctions are not the bargain hunter's dream they once were. Too many punters treating them as car yards I suspect.

Thread Information