models cars are planned ...........
  • Register
  • Help

Default models cars are planned ...........

Hi Guys,

Varying news reports suggest we might be getting a revamped Espace in the form of a larger SUV styled 7 seater as well as possibility of a rebadged Nissan Navara ute .
    Confimred for mid 2013 is the Megane Wagon. Hoping to offer this in the high 20,000 range.
    This combined with Clio and Fluence EV shows a lot of new models penciled in for Australia ....almost VW like with a car for every segment mentality !

Advertisement
    Rick
    Geelong Vic
    2012 Koleos Dynamique - Family Wagon

PAST:
    Clio RS172 .... Silver - Damn strong car !
    10 Fluence Privilege Sedan Black
    07 RS225 3 door - Monako Blue
    07 Megane Privilege Sedan Black
    Chevrolet Corvette- red of course
    Nissan Skyline GTS turbo - fantastic machine
    Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon -ebayed for profit!

I wonder if the importers are doing this because of the pending doom of the falcadore's. It would be certainly the right time now to bring a car in for every segment, if this were to be the case. Think with both holden and ford looking at dropping the aussie built family car, there is an opportunity for a Euro to become the main stream provider of these cars. Even though they represent a small % of total car sales, its the second and third family car that makes the money.

A replacement for the Grand Scenic - NOW I'm interested.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Me too. If only Koleos had 7 seats!!
    Cheers - Luke

1990 Renault 25 V6 Baccara - Gunmetal Grey
    1974 Renault 17TS (1317) - Silver

D22 or D40?
    KB

The market is fragmenting over the years. In the days of the VT Commodore, the top selling car was selling 95,000 a year. Last year the top selling car was 41,000, less than half the total 13 years ago. There is far more choice on the market, and far far more niche models (such as the Megane wagon) coming onto the market dispursing purchase choices far more broadly across the market than before.

Hopefully through niche models like the Megane wagon and the Espace, Renault will gain sufficient sales in Australia. They just need to get into markets without too may competitors where they can get 2-3000 sales a year, that will be sufficient to justify selling the model in Australia. I'm still surprised by how many Phase 1 Scenic's I see around, especially in Central Victoria. Soemthing like that, that has few competitors.

Think if they couple this strategy with a eye on the fact that most Australian's see french cars as unreliable and difficult to own, they could probably get decent sales in key segments, thus justifying the investment to get them here. Im not suggesting something like the 5-10 warranty that Mitsubishi had but something to set potential buyers minds at ease. Resale is going to be horrible when Renault are selling their spares at markups that are just insane, and this needs to be looked into as well over $400 for a pencil coil I purchased online for $40 gives the picture.

They need to look into why people will go buy a VW or Scoda when they have the option to buy Renault and find out whats driving those people to purchase. Just bringing cars over for sale wont make them sell. Example in point the local dealer had a black RS, at the end of the last model change, beautiful car, test drove it, but was to pricey for me at the time. He said to me they had had the car for 8 months and not one offer. I asked why, he said because most people didn't know what it is. To me that's simply not good enough.

Anyway a step in the right direction maybe

MadManau,

The take up on Mitsi's 5/10 warranty was so low it was dropped at the start of October. The warranty is now 3 yrs and you must request the extra 2 yrs at no cosr prior to the 3 yrs expiring (still limited to 130k). So Renaults Renault is far better already.
    Skoda .....well over 50% of their annual sales are made up of dealer demos still on the lot unsold (Vfacts will show this).
    So Renault sales are stronger than Skoda and Citroen. Catching Pug as well.
    Advertising and publicity is always an issue for Renault and i am sure they are doing all they can with the budget they have. Been alot more Renault on prime time TV over past months.
    I see the glass as more than half full
    Rick
    Geelong Vic

PAST:

Quote Originally Posted by RickHy View Post
    MadManau,

The take up on Mitsi's 5/10 warranty was so low it was dropped at the start of October. The warranty is now 3 yrs and you must request the extra 2 yrs at no cosr prior to the 3 yrs expiring (still limited to 130k). So Renaults Renault is far better already.
    Skoda .....well over 50% of their annual sales are made up of dealer demos still on the lot unsold (Vfacts will show this).
    So Renault sales are stronger than Skoda and Citroen. Catching Pug as well.
    Advertising and publicity is always an issue for Renault and i am sure they are doing all they can with the budget they have. Been alot more Renault on prime time TV over past months.
    I see the glass as more than half full
    I agree with the half full but its tough out there right now. Ask most people what a Koleos is and they actually know, as for the others some would know the Megane, but no idea on price. Im sure they are doing their best, they have great cars, at times some of the best coming out of Europe, but still pretty much an unknown to most Aussies. Im sure that will change in time, I certainly hope it does because those that don't know about them are truly missing out.

MadMan ....agree 100% it is tough i work at a dealership.
    I think they are building very competitive cars which are good value. But your right it is the unknown factor in australia that holds Renault back.
    Skoda get major exposure every year from the Tour DeFrance and other major cycling events.
    Renaults main exposure is in F1 which in Australia is almost a "who cares" sport.... late at night with limited interest.
    They are involved in the National Beach Volleyball tour and ski resort promos but nothing as in your face as the tour de france.
    I have been selling renaults for many years and the guys at the head office are so much more switched on than ever before .

We are building sales which allows Renault Australia to look at widening the products offer at a responsable and sustainable rate ...
    I think the future for Renault oz is brighter than many think
    Rick
    Geelong Vic

PAST:

Quote Originally Posted by madmanau View Post
    Think if they couple this strategy with a eye on the fact that most Australian's see french cars as unreliable and difficult to own, they could probably get decent sales in key segments, thus justifying the investment to get them here. Im not suggesting something like the 5-10 warranty that Mitsubishi had but something to set potential buyers minds at ease. Resale is going to be horrible when Renault are selling their spares at markups that are just insane, and this needs to be looked into as well over $400 for a pencil coil I purchased online for $40 gives the picture.

They need to look into why people will go buy a VW or Scoda when they have the option to buy Renault and find out whats driving those people to purchase. Just bringing cars over for sale wont make them sell. Example in point the local dealer had a black RS, at the end of the last model change, beautiful car, test drove it, but was to pricey for me at the time. He said to me they had had the car for 8 months and not one offer. I asked why, he said because most people didn't know what it is. To me that's simply not good enough.

Anyway a step in the right direction maybe

$400 for a coil? Which dealer do you go to? There about $180 genuine last time I priced them, mind you there a hell of a lot cheaper from Caravelle so no one asks dealers but they were about $180 last time I did.

We had a interesting thing a few weeks ago.
    A customer walked in said his R19 had broken down and he had come over this area to buy a new car, do we want the 19? He'd bought the 19 new in 96 and had had a good run out of it but it keeps overheating and he has to keep putting water in it and its just boiled and stopped so he left it and came to buy a new car.

What are you looking at buying we asked. Don't know probably something like a Hyundai or Kia something like that.

You liked your Renault we asked. Yes excellent car he replied.

Why don't you buy a new Renault we said. I never thought of another Renault he said. Where are they? Are there any dealers around here?

There's one just down in Moonee Ponds we said. 10 minutes away. I'll go have a look he said and off he went.

Hours later an RACV truck turns up with the 19 and him. He called them to get the free tow and took the plates off once it got here. We did the paperwork and now its ours.

Did you have a look at the Renaults we asked. Yes I bought one he said, a Megane, $22,000 with 5 year waranty, pick it up next week what a fantastic car I didn't know we could still buy new Renaults.

There you go, a bloke who lives in a Melb inner suburb and didn't know he could get a new Renault. Whats going on? Why is the message not getting through?

Buy the way Renault, send my spotters fee to 34 King St Airport West.

All that was wrong with the 19 was a pin hole in one of the steel water pipes, a bottle of stop leak and bleed the system and we've done about 500kms in it and hasn't used a drop of water.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    $400 for a coil? Which dealer do you go to? There about $180 genuine last time I priced them, mind you there a hell of a lot cheaper from Caravelle so no one asks dealers but they were about $180 last time I did.

We had a interesting thing a few weeks ago.
    A customer walked in said his R19 had broken down and he had come over this area to buy a new car, do we want the 19? He'd bought the 19 new in 96 and had had a good run out of it but it keeps overheating and he has to keep putting water in it and its just boiled and stopped so he left it and came to buy a new car.

What are you looking at buying we asked. Don't know probably something like a Hyundai or Kia something like that.

You liked your Renault we asked. Yes excellent car he replied.

Why don't you buy a new Renault we said. I never thought of another Renault he said. Where are they? Are there any dealers around here?

There's one just down in Moonee Ponds we said. 10 minutes away. I'll go have a look he said and off he went.

Hours later an RACV truck turns up with the 19 and him. He called them to get the free tow and took the plates off once it got here. We did the paperwork and now its ours.

Did you have a look at the Renaults we asked. Yes I bought one he said, a Megane, $22,000 with 5 year waranty, pick it up next week what a fantastic car I didn't know we could still buy new Renaults.

There you go, a bloke who lives in a Melb inner suburb and didn't know he could get a new Renault. Whats going on? Why is the message not getting through?

Buy the way Renault, send my spotters fee to 34 King St Airport West.

All that was wrong with the 19 was a pin hole in one of the steel water pipes, a bottle of stop leak and bleed the system and we've done about 500kms in it and hasn't used a drop of water.
    Dave was Parry Renault here in Townsville. They have a habit of tacking on extra when they dont have it on the shelf, same with their nissan parts. TBH I wont even bother going near them now, learnt that the hard way getting a taillight for the Scenic in a hurry.

Just a FYI if they had to diagnose the current issue with my car, was told the min charge was $268.00 for two hours then a to be determined rate there after. Lovely to have a trapped market. Sad thing is when it comes time to get a new megane or similar down the track, I will have to deal with them one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanau View Post
    Dave was Parry Renault here in Townsville. They have a habit of tacking on extra when they dont have it on the shelf, same with their nissan parts. TBH I wont even bother going near them now, learnt that the hard way getting a taillight for the Scenic in a hurry.

Just a FYI if they had to diagnose the current issue with my car, was told the min charge was $268.00 for two hours then a to be determined rate there after. Lovely to have a trapped market. Sad thing is when it comes time to get a new megane or similar down the track, I will have to deal with them one way or another.
    Maybe a letter to Renault outlining your experiences may be in order. I and a few others have been pleasantly surprised at the response from Renault HQ in Victoria. The actually seem to be trying to keep the majority of their customers happy!

By the way, Parry Nissan had a similar reputation when I lived in Townsville in the late 80's as well.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Thread Information