My Lovely Renault Samsung QM5
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default My Lovely Renault Samsung QM5

Only now discovered that my Koleos is actually The QM5.
    Maybe if Renault Australia stuck with that designation they would sell more.
    Anything with an 'X' or a 'C' or a 'Q' identifier sells like hot cakes here.
    X3 or X5? Yes please! C5, or C6 or C7? Yes please! Q7 perhaps? Yes, yes!
    QM5 maybe? Most definitely yes! Koleos? err..No thanks, don't think so, sorry!

Advertisement

Tadpole

Hello,

Does your "QM5" open without having to hit the button on the remote? My daughter recently purchased a Koleos dynamique and it does not open by just touching the door handle (as does the Megane & the 508). The Megane also locks itself as you walk away from the vehicle. I would have thought the Koleos would do the same?

Yours on Renault....
    2012 508 Allure Diesel
    2012 Megane Diesel
    2012 Koleos Dynamique (Petrol) (Daughter).

Past Benz W124 E220 (burnt out wiring harness $$$) & Benz W210 E240 (blown valve guide seals at 150Km!!ouch$$$$), distant past, Benz W123 300D (2) Benz W115 200D, remote past Mazda 626 Diesel, Tarago Diesel, Gemini Diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfanatic View Post
    Hello,

Does your "QM5" open without having to hit the button on the remote? My daughter recently purchased a Koleos dynamique and it does not open by just touching the door handle (as does the Megane & the 508). The Megane also locks itself as you walk away from the vehicle. I would have thought the Koleos would do the same?

Yours on Renault....
    my wife's koleos (privilege) does. The hands free function is standard. You should get the dealer to check the key program and re-program if need be. 1 touch to open and 1 touch to close, 2 touches to wind up any open windows.

Fellow Frogger!

No dieselfanatic, my QM5 does not open without touching the remote. It shows the black 'sensor pads' under the door handles but they are not wired up because mine is the bog standard cheapest iteration called 'Expression'.
    It therefore lacks the 'proximity' key-card function only available in the top 'Privilege' model. It also lacks automatic headlights, wipers and handbrake, but fortunately I am not yet too feeble to activate those functions myself.
    I think your answer lies in edwards688's reply: his wife has the 'Privilege' version, which is the top model with all the bells and whistles. However it therefore costs accordingly. You only get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    Only now discovered that my Koleos is actually The QM5.
    Maybe if Renault Australia stuck with that designation they would sell more.
    Anything with an 'X' or a 'C' or a 'Q' identifier sells like hot cakes here.
    X3 or X5? Yes please! C5, or C6 or C7? Yes please! Q7 perhaps? Yes, yes!
    QM5 maybe? Most definitely yes! Koleos? err..No thanks, don't think so, sorry!
    As Samsung Motors is 80% owned by Renault and the QM5 is based on the Nissan X-Trail it's probably a little difficult to decide which came first?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    As Samsung Motors is 80% owned by Renault and the QM5 is based on the Nissan X-Trail it's probably a little difficult to decide which came first?
    Doesn't much matter either, at least to me. Renault+Nissan+Samsung are in business. It needs to sell. I was looking at a Koleos today and thinking it seemed quite a sensible device.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

The Koleos has a Renault badge which defines its dealer network but not the vehicle.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

Yes, JohnW, you are absolutely correct, the QM5 aka Koleos is "a very sensible device". It's just a pity that so few people in Australia know and realise this. I keep discovering new stuff on mine that I never realised existed. And I only have the base model. There are many things like sat-nav, cruise control, speed limiter, cooled glove-box etc, that I rarely ever use. And the safety features are awesome, sometimes "alarming!" and catch me unawares.
    Cars nowadays are like any other electro-mechanical consumer items such as computers, cameras and phones for example, packed with features that in many cases are never used. Regrettably they become obsolete just as quickly as any other and lose most of their value in a very short time. A very interesting piece by one of the car buying brokers, I think it was Private Fleet, finally made me understand that cars are NOT an investment as we are so often told, but an expense that holds little residual value. Therefore, drive the thing as much as possible and enjoy it, then discard it and get the latest version.

Thread Information