dauphine proto romania
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: dauphine proto romania

Tadpole

Default dauphine proto romania

As I said to Ross, I will present in this tread the modification was made on my dauphine proto.

Advertisement

Engine:dauphine proto romania-_mg_3138.jpgdauphine proto romania-02dauph.th%5B1%5D.jpgdauphine proto romania-03dauph.th%5B1%5D.jpgdauphine proto romania-04dauph.th%5B1%5D.jpgdauphine proto romania-08dauph.th%5B1%5D.jpgdauphine proto romania-05dauph.th%5B1%5D.jpgdauphine proto romania-09dauph.th%5B1%5D.jpgdauphine proto romania-_mg_3135.jpg built by Salv Sacco in uk.
    1796cc with Alpine conrods, steel liners, cast pistons, ported head, standard crank, aluminium sump with trap doors, competition head gasket, regrind camshaft Salv's spec., weber 45 152 DCOE carbs, mocal oil thermostat, setrab oil cooler, tooth belt for water pump and alternator, aluminium pulies,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dauphine proto romania-99984227.th%5B1%5D.jpg   dauphine proto romania-62372043.th%5B1%5D.jpg  

Olliedrbn,
    I have been in Rear Engine Renaults for a long time, and have seen a lot of variations on a theme. Your Dauphine stands out from most as a well thought out project, with a lot of craftsmanship, and a choice of very good added products.

I would like to thank you for posting such a worthy vehicle on the site. It should inspire a lot.

The pictures of your Dauphine on the road show its fantastic stance, which to me are just "Awesome". This thread I find I can only open "thumbnail" pictures, some 800x 600s would be nice.

Thanks,
    Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Fantastic stuff Ollie

Keep it coming
    Ross:

1989 Alpine GTA Twin Turbo
    1963 Renault R8
    1996 Peugeot 106 S16
    1967 NSU Prinz 1200TT
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi

Tadpole

dauphine proto romania-engine-1.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-2.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-3.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-4.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-5.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-6.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-7.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-8.jpgdauphine proto romania-engine-9.jpgbetter quality pictures with the engine

Tadpole

Gearbox:

353-01 5 speed, 8X33 differential, standard gears, custom made drive shafts,custom made bearing case, custom made gearbox support, custom made clutchbearing support to fit modern clutch bearing (old one not fabricated anymore), stainlesssteel shaft for gear selector, washer to fit 32X72X19 mm Dacia roller bearing

Limited sleep differential , fabricated but notinstalled
    Straight cutgears, designed, dimensioned and drawings but not fabricated yet (very shortfor hill climb)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dauphine proto romania-gerabox-1.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-2.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-3.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-4.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gerabox-5.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-6.jpg  

dauphine proto romania-gearbox-7.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-8.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-9.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-10.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-11.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-12.jpg  

dauphine proto romania-gearbox-13.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-14.jpg   dauphine proto romania-gearbox-15.jpg  

1000+ Posts

That is a massive amount of work and it looks just incredible. Certainly beyond my abilities. I do have one question. Given the amount of work why didn't you build wishbones and do away with the swing axles?

Hi "Ollie",
    Have followed you on a few other sites, a fantastic amount of work. Thank you for the new pictures, now you really show what you have put into the car, in particular the motor.

Thank you,
    Ray
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

COL

Hi Ollie

Thats great work that you have achieved, do you have pics of the front suspension and also the interior of your Dauphine?
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Tadpole

Answers :
    Hi Sunroof
    I thought will be some restrictions in participating inhistoric events if the swing axels are changed to wishbones (some clubs will allowedto participate some not)
    Hi Col
    I do not have manypictures with the interior but I will do some

Brakes:
    Master cylinder 22mm (Mecaparts)
    Stainless steel braided flexi hoses
    Aluminum high pressure lines, except in the front (to tightspaces to bend aluminum pipes)
    Hydraulic hand brake
    Front Tarox B4 280 calipers with ventilated steel rotors(16mm)
    Custom made caliper support
    Custom made bells for rotors
    Rear Tarox B 200 calipers with solid steel discs (11mm)
    Custom made caliper support
    Custom made bells for discs
    DOT 5.1 Ferodo brake fluid
    I kept 2 original glass bottles for brake fluid
    All bolts for brakes are 10.9 or 12.9 grade depends whereused

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dauphine proto romania-brakes-1.jpg   dauphine proto romania-brakes-2.jpg   dauphine proto romania-brakes-3.jpg   dauphine proto romania-brakes-4.jpg   dauphine proto romania-brakes-5.jpg   dauphine proto romania-brakes-6.jpg  

Tadpole

Body and chassis

New crossmembers
    New seals
    Custom made cassis elements (except from the gearbox suport to the rear end)
    Front bonet fiber glass
    Engine lid fiber glass
    Front panels fiber glass
    Rear panels fiber glass
    Front panel where fog lights are was made from clai and we made a mould for fiber glass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dauphine proto romania-body-1.jpg   dauphine proto romania-body-2.jpg   dauphine proto romania-body-3.jpg   dauphine proto romania-body-4.jpg  

Tadpole

Cooling system
    Custom made front radiator with 2 Spal fans (78 and 88degrees opening)
    Custom made 35mm aluminum tubes
    Flexible silicon hoses and rubber elbows from DaciaAviation type tubes supportsCustom made aluminum expansion bottle with 1,5bar pressurecap
    78 degrees thermostat
    Self bleeding cooling system
    Fuel system
    ATL fuel cell 10 gallonsFIA approved
    Hydraulic 10mm steel tubes with 100bar resistant couplings
    Facet fuel pump 200l/ hour
    High flow fuel filter (metallic)
    Malapassi fuel regulator 3.5psi

COL

Hi Ollie

Keep the photos coming.

The exterior looks great, those wide wheel arches blend in well with the curves of the dauphine body shape.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Tadpole

A video is more than 1000 words Dauphine gordini proto - YouTube Recently I have open the company SC Olson Engineering SRL and Racing parts will be available for Alpine A110, R8 Gordini, Dauphine Proto, end all the cars related to Renault of that era. This websites will be open soon www.olson.ro and www.a110piecesproto.com Hope you will enjoy the video

1000+ Posts

Yes yes yes

1000+ Posts

Nice. A couple of things puzzle me though (given the thoughtful complexity of the conversion).
    One concerns the air intake. You've used socks drawing from the engine comportment. I would have thought that a cold air box would have been preferable.
    The other concerns the exhaust & its thermal wrap. I would have expected ceramic coating of the exhaust.
    cheers! Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Yes yes yes
    yes indeed, thanks Ollie, that video brings back very happy memories from my youth in the 60s,
    when everything I drove - my Fiat 500, my brother's worked Beetle, my mother-in-law's Dauphine -
    was rear-engined and swing-axled; when every suburban street was a race track, and every other
    car on the road was either an impediment or a competitor and had to be overtaken immediately,
    whatever the risk. of course your Dauphine is a lot faster, a delightful machine. regards, Lo.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    Nice. A couple of things puzzle me though (given the thoughtful complexity of the conversion).
    One concerns the air intake. You've used socks drawing from the engine comportment. I would have thought that a cold air box would have been preferable.
    The other concerns the exhaust & its thermal wrap. I would have expected ceramic coating of the exhaust.
    cheers! Peter

Hi Peter

At the time when the above pictures are taken the car did not have the cold air intake box but in the meantime was fitted.
    The car has many things to be improved, recently I have made a plates type LSD, and now I'm working on a straight cut gearbox kit and a supercharged 1.7l engine (807-27 block) from a Renault 18 turbo.
    I have an endless list with other things I want to improve on the car .
    First I'm testing those parts on the car and if they behave properly I will have them manufacture in small batches.

Thanks for your advices

Tadpole

dauphine proto romania-alba-2.jpg
    After the last hill climb the car looks like this

I am so sorry Ollie!! I hope the chassis and main components are straight and it is only panel damage.

Frans
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

COL

Quote Originally Posted by olliedrbn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alba 2.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	61245
    After the last hill climb the car looks like this
    Oooops: Hope it straighten out ok
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Tadpole

The chassis looks ok but I will rebuilt the car, I have found a chassis in Germany hope to get it in 1-2 weeks.
    I'm planning to keep the crashed one for racing and the new one to sell it.
    The crash happened on the last run, the last corner and 100mm before finish

Tadpole

This is a video from another race:
    Dauphine Gordini Proto Meses Hillclimb 2014 - YouTube

Not a good driver, but still learning

Hi Ollie

Thats bad news about the crash. Were you pushing too hard?

I did a similar thing years ago with an ealier Dauphine, last corner, last run of the day, just pushing too hard. Similar damage as well.

Hopefully you can rebuild the new one even better.
    Ross:

1963 Renault R8
    1996 Peugeot 106 S16
    1967 NSU Prinz 1200TT
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi

Tadpole

Hi Ross

Actually I was trying to see if I can have the same time as a BMW 2002 driven by a friend of mine how finished in the first place, but I forgot I didn't have a limited slip differential, soft compound tires and a very close ratio gear box.
    In one word pushing to hard but with the car not prepared for that event. It was a hill climb event in to the National Championship

Hi Ollie

Its so often about tyres, when I crashed the old Dauphine the tyres were on their last legs and should have been replaced 2 or 3 events before.

I am quite pleased with the tyres on the new car, Kumho Ecsta V70a, with very soft compound on the rear, hopefully they will continue to keep me on the black stuff.

Do you have some ideas around a limited slip diff? I dont have one either but I have been wondering lately if I could adapt one from another model of car. I was looking a a torsen diff from a Toyota the other day wondering if it would fit.
    Ross:

1963 Renault R8
    1996 Peugeot 106 S16
    1967 NSU Prinz 1200TT
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information