R10 extractor design.. - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: R10 extractor design..

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    Hmmm, I may need to consider making a set of pipes for this bad boy when I finally get it running, I don't think the R10 muffler is going to cut it..:tongue
    Hmm. Two plugs short isn't it?

Advertisement

Having been rude, what actually is it? Nothing wrong with a big sidevalve.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

G'day JW,

It's just a plaything I picked up a while ago, and yes, a little short.
    Its from a 1936 (ish) Chrysler. Just bought it on a whim, don't have a clue what I'm gonna do with it yet, probably just on-sell it.

Nothing to see here..

1000+ Posts

59 Floride.

Actually you shouldn't be playing with the Chrysler/Dodge or whatever it is. You should be getting the Floride back on the road in time for the Rear Engine Workshop Day on the 2nd September. We could check up on extractor design on this day. Couple of us have them.

1000+ Posts

59 Floride.

Actually you shouldn't be playing with the Chrysler/Dodge or whatever it is. You should be getting the Floride back on the road in time for the Rear Engine Workshop Day on the 2nd September. We could check up on extractor design on this day. Couple of us have them.

Hmm, tempting as it may be, it unfortunately clashes with a work day. But bit by bit the Floride is getting the attention she has been lacking for the last 3 years, besides I have other distractions going on at the Renault workshops.

...and it's all your fault.
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 17th August 2017 at 08:04 PM.

1000+ Posts

Working on a Saturday??

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    G'day JW,

It's just a plaything I picked up a while ago, and yes, a little short.
    Its from a 1936 (ish) Chrysler. Just bought it on a whim, don't have a clue what I'm gonna do with it yet, probably just on-sell it.

Nothing to see here..
    Interesting Graham. I have in my possession, a workshop for a Plymouth/Dodge/DeSoto from exactly that time period. Mum and Dad had a '39 Plymouth from what I remember.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

1969 R10>>10S replica(stalled in progress)..

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

hey HK Puggy - I managed to pick up a 10S head, twin throat weber and S inlet/exhaust manifolds to upgrade my 10 - I took the head to a local shop for 'evaluation' and they have come back to me saying they are having problems sourcing valves and guides - they are also having problems working out the difference between the 10 and 10S heads as well....all I have been able to tell them is that the S head has different porting and larger valves - that didn't help.

I will have the 10 and all parts at the 10 workshop in Boonah at Sunroofs Toy Shed on Saturday 2nd, really looking forward to that!

BP

Quote Originally Posted by boleropilot View Post
    they are having problems sourcing valves and guides - they are also having problems working out the difference between the 10 and 10S heads as well....all I have been able to tell them is that the S head has different porting and larger valves - that didn't help.
    The 10S (Euro market 8S) motor has the same valves as a Renault 12, so no real mystery there - at least to Renault people :-). I'm guessing given they are such an old motor, and the Australian only market of the 10S, any tech details will be rare. They will have to look up Renault 8S and a 688-09 engine type in any documentation they are referencing (likely European data books).
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

thanks Simon, had a chat with Sunroof about it this morning - the 10 is on the trailer and (almost) ready to go...roll on Satdee...

BP

My most recent valve guide work involved the cylinder head folk recommending sleeving them internally and reaming to suit the valve stem diameter in preference to replacing them, if that is any help. Seems to work perfectly well.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Hi I agree with John. IMHO I think it is better to keep the original factory installed guides and re-line them with what we called in ZA
    K-liners. It is brass so could be a better or longer lasting guide. I have seen a badly sized or fitted guide come out of the casting causing a lot of damage.

Regards, Frans
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

hey thanks John and Frans, that info is gold to me! been watching your track videos Frans - you really give those guys a run for their money...after reading stuff about the Alconis in SA it's obvious a well sorted 8 or 10 is quite a weapon!

BP

smee again - got a quote for 8 valves including collets + freight from Meca Parts, 228 Euros - must admit that surprised me a bit...

could have sworn I posted elsewhere on my search for valves but it doesn't appear in search so it didn't go - I have been having a few problems with my interbet thingo...

the Renault 12 Shop has sets of exhaust valves part number 7701458190 for 45 Euros - might start there. apparently the number for the intake valves is 7701458180

won't do anything until I hear from aussiefroggers here

cheers

BP

forgot to mention I saw inlet valves for 5.34 Euros each at Spareto - btw the head is a 10S with the bigger ports, I also have the manifolds and a 32DIR Weber

BP

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information