Peugeot 406 sports button question...
  • Help

Default Peugeot 406 sports button question...

I am in the process of redoing all my blown globes in my 406 3.0.
    In the rea of the housing for the hazard and demister button are the symbols for the hazard and demister etc, where the buttons go. There is also a blank inserted. In the back of this is a wired plug though, and in the "hole" for the blank it has a picture of : SPORT written inside of a picture of a shock absorber. What is this for??

Advertisement
    1998 406 SV

That is for the Denso active damping option. It varied the shocks' hardness based on driving conditions (speed, throttle position, rate of steering wheel rotation and body roll).

The dash telltale normally lights when there is a fault with the suspension - also fitted to 605s - my experience is the shocks and roll sensor are not ageing well and faults are quite common. Retrofitting, therefore, not recommended...

However you could for laughs link it to a throttle position switch so at 3/4 pedal or more, the telltale illuminated.

Ok cool. Is it normal to not be connected in an SV? I'd assume it'd all be hooked up? Or possibly it failed years ago and they fitted a blank?
    1998 406 SV

The active damping was never offered here.

Sometime around the mid-90s they started blanking unused globe holes in the cluster, rather than either leaving them open or wasting globes on them.

Thread Information