Look what she did :(
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Default Look what she did :(

This is what happens when your nice enough to lend your car to your sister.

She falls asleep on the Hume doing 110 kmp/h.

But I makes me feel good inside to see this kind of damage done to car, but yet the occupants able climb out. since the brunt of the impact happened to her side!
    There ended with a Few ambo's, firetrucks, tow trucks and even the SES ready to cut a dead body out. But she was already out. She was histerical but in one moving piece.
    The worst of her injuries she needed stitches in one finger.

What a car!

But I will miss that car, the most reliable and best bang for your buck car, ever!

Now she owes her life to two peugeot's

I just added a picture of what she did to the first one.
    The reason for this one was indeed lack of experience and the second was, well I think simply stupidity and not thinking ahead.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Look what she did :(-photo0192.jpg   Look what she did :(-photo0193.jpg   Look what she did :(-photo0076.jpg  
    Last edited by cav91; 12th June 2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added picture
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Twice ?? If she was my sister I wouldn't let her get another car... That's gotta be a wake up call. 3rd time might not be so lucky.

My sister inlaw just did the same thing to her husband modern commadore wagon. The only reason she's here is she's a shortarse. She rolled the thing (probably well in excess of the speed limit knowing here so 110km/h ++ ). I reckon she was half tanked too. She was really upset she'd smashed "the good car". I told her she wouldn't be here if she hadn't been in "the good car". It's airbag deploying did most of her injuries.

They were so sure she should be dead, the kept her in for a day and cat scanned checked everything. She walked away with a small bruise on her face. The roof was crushed down level with the seats from rolling so many times. The police showed the hosptial pictures of the car, so they didn't want to let her leave, they were so convinced she had to be seriously injured in some way.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Holy crap in a bucket!!! LUCKY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

Airbag? Cant tell if its a series 2...

If you're feeling tired guys, pull over for a kip... 20 minutes on the back seat wont kill you, falling asleep at 110 came very bloody close to it here.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Twice ?? If she was my sister I wouldn't let her get another car... That's gotta be a wake up call. 3rd time might not be so lucky.

My sister inlaw just did the same thing to her husband modern commadore wagon. The only reason she's here is she's a shortarse. She rolled the thing (probably well in excess of the speed limit knowing here so 110km/h ++ ). I reckon she was half tanked too. She was really upset she'd smashed "the good car". I told her she wouldn't be here if she hadn't been in "the good car". It's airbag deploying did most of her injuries.

They were so sure she should be dead, the kept her in for a day and cat scanned checked everything. She walked away with a small bruise on her face. The roof was crushed down level with the seats from rolling so many times. The police showed the hosptial pictures of the car, so they didn't want to let her leave, they were so convinced she had to be seriously injured in some way.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    ^^^^

Time to acquire some driving skills or to adjust ones attitude to driving.

You know, the old adage, three strikes and you are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    Holy crap in a bucket!!! LUCKY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

Airbag? Cant tell if its a series 2...

If you're feeling tired guys, pull over for a kip... 20 minutes on the back seat wont kill you, falling asleep at 110 came very bloody close to it here.
    Nup no air bag, it was Chris's beloved series 1 (the red rocket)

Yes sleep when tired is a good idea, problem is 18 year olds think there bullet proof.
    She spent the weekend at the boy friends in Shepparton and was on her way to work in Wallan, her boss is a real dragon and she was panicing about being late.

Yes should have come home Sunday night but thats all water under the bridge now.

9am phone call to say your daughters been in an accident and there waiting for the ambo's, gotta love that.

Even the local Wallan coppers said she's lucky she was in a tough old car.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Yeah, was thinking of you Dave - that's the phone call you really don't want...

Lucky girl. Not much else to be said really...

That is horrible. The stuff of nightmares, indeed.

Glad to know no one was hurt, and sorry for your car's demise.

A great car it seems even though it doesn't have airbags.

Just one question. Did the car hit the tree side-on?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

UFO

Phew - lucky survival, but this is not the first time I have heard of the 405/BX chassis being a life saver.

All the better that once out of the car she stayed off the road. There was a recent incident on the highway north of Wollongong where the driver and her mother survived an off the road into the trees crash, and for some unknown reason the driver then ran onto the road, late afternoon in front of two lanes of 100km/h traffic. Sadly she did not survive.

As for loaning your sister a third car.... Make sure it's another Pug if you must - or at least something with a good crash absorbing body.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Yeah, was thinking of you Dave - that's the phone call you really don't want...

Lucky girl. Not much else to be said really...
    Gotta love the way they always say "but don't worry the ambulance will be here soon" yeah right don't worry.

She sort of drove down the side of the trees. The ones in the centre medium strip that are designed just for this purpose, to stop you going across into oncomeing traffic.

So the right side copped it all, she climbed over the seats and out the left rear door.

We read about that one in NSW where they survived the crash but for some reason wondered onto the freeway, makes you wonder doesn't it.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Its even the accidents you come out of ok but with lingering injuries that make you think.

What Kirsty has spent on clinical pilates and physios to maintain what is a permanant whiplash injury would have bought several 5 star cars with side and curtain airbags (hers was a side impact, hit in the drivers door) that would likely have kept her neck in much better shape than it is now.

Dave, I think your daughter needs a Laguna2/407/C5 - something with all the kit. And buy her some advanced driving lessons.

Its even the accidents you come out of ok but with lingering injuries that make you think.

What Kirsty has spent on clinical pilates and physios to maintain what is a permanant whiplash injury would have bought several 5 star cars with side and curtain airbags (hers was a side impact, hit in the drivers door) that would likely have kept her neck in much better shape than it is now.

Dave, I think your daughter needs a Laguna2/407/C5 - something with all the kit. And buy her some advanced driving lessons.
    We were just talking about advanced lessons, will they teach her not to drive while sleepy?

As for newer cars, problem is that she needs something to tow a float and hay bails and all the other horse crap, the cheap Pugs are only meant to be tempary till she can save up enough for a Navara type thing. The way she going she'll have them for a while yet.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Holy hell! I'm glad your sister/daughter is okay after that guys!

Looks like the impact might have been mostly front/side, then spin around and flip?

Finally: that poor 405 My condolences for your loss, Chris.

Usually I'd say the lessons are good for showing pictures of wrecks and giving a realtiy check - but I think her reality has been well and truly checked already!!!!!!!!!!

VE/FG ute then. Saw a VE at a wreckers that had been barrel rolled into a paddock and then a tree after hitting a ditch at 200kph - impressivly intact cabin.

The Navara/hilux type things dont crash well... If she needs a tow ute, get a Commodore or Falcon - much much safer.

Quote Originally Posted by FedGrapes View Post
    Holy hell! I'm glad your sister/daughter is okay after that guys!

Looks like the impact might have been mostly front/side, then spin around and flip?

Finally: that poor 405 My condolences for your loss, Chris.
    It didn't flip, that roof was done by branches. She just drove straight into them.

The only advatage the Navara things have over a Holcan is twin cab, but the way she's going she won't have that kind of money for years so it isn't an issure at the moment.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

UFO

So the consequences of falling asleep while towing a loaded horse float are?......

Does the horse get a say in it?

She should have some defensive driving lessons, ample sleep prior to a drive and further lessons and practice in how to handle a trailer - especially one with a live animal weighing plus 1/2 a tonne in the back that can move around.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Holden Crewman. If I was living in the country, towing shit a lot and needing a dual cab ute, this is a no brainer.

If she has a job, the bank will give her 10 grand. Its worth it.

They're a leaf sprung live axle, so horse floats will be a doddle.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...cr=11&__N=1246 1247 1252 1282 4294965857 4294964828 1216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5

....The Navara/hilux type things dont crash well... If she needs a tow ute, get a Commodore or Falcon - much much safer.
    Tell the woman in the Suzuki Vitara tht hit my HiLux 2wd at 80km at 45% angle mid-ship the front wheel.

My Daughter was driving (on L plates) at the time.

The Vitara occupants were recovered through the rear hatch, no door opened. Front screen broken, steering wheel touching the head lining.

The Hilux doors (both) still opened and closed and locked. The car was declared a repairable write-off.

My Daughter and I were shaken but unhurt. The Vitara driver got a broken arm.

Sorry Haakon, must disagree, having are real chassis makes a big difference in collision type accidents.

Its an illusion - they're better to a point as you're deliberatly using the other car as your crumple zone, which is morally bankrupt for a start.

But thats all useless when its a tree - and thats the big in the country. All that big steel chassis rail does is not crumple and leave it to the passenger cell to take the brunt. Not a great outcome.

Then there is the rollover - another big country drivign killer. The Hilux/Navara is much much more likely to flip, and a hell of lot less able to make it survivable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_86RuYXoJA

Sorry Dave - I know its a sensitive subject. Lets just be all glad she is ok.

Dollars are less important, so lets just make sure we work out what's her best bet in case there is a next time. Not sure your Navara would look as intact as the Mi16 does.

C'mon guys,

everyone has made the mistake of driving while tired, the difference is we didn't crash to learn our lessons (which is probably more luck than anything).

Don't you have a tow barge/[email protected] tank used to pull a car trailer that she can use just for horses There's no way I'd be wanting my kids driving tipsy [email protected] tanks with no secondary safety in single vehicle accidents. you really need a 3ton truck to pull horse floats.

If she drives a manual, an early 4cylinder petrol manual C5 is what i'd be searching for. You get a 5star safety car, she can obviuosly handle a manual gearbox so you can avoid the autos. Just checked though, and there's none for sale. Do early lagunas have curtain airbags etc.. ? She can always raid her old mans sheds if she needs parts

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1995-Rena...#ht_2173wt_964

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Haakon have you ever driven (or ridden) in a crewman?

I haven't either but everyone I know who has says there absolutely awful, she works with horses so uses those type of vehicles lots and she hates the crewman, even our local coppers recon there awful.
    By comparison a Navara type vehicle is a limo.

Shane, she does use my Navara at the moment but she will need her own vehicle when she moves out.
    She wants to head north to work in some of the bigger studs.

At the moment we'll have to get Peugeot number 3 ready for her.
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

I'll even ignore my hatred of deisel and suggest an HDi C5 wagon - pulling power, load leveling suspension and some mass surely tows well...?

Nope, never had anything to do with a Crewman - leaf sprung rear is not doubt pretty horrible. Maybe take a leaf out and softer it up? Leaf springs just tow well. Foulcan wagons drive/handle/ride pretty well and still tow well, so a softened Crewman could still work...

All utes are dodgy rides - I am just thinking about ones that are based on proper cars having proper secondary safety credentials.

I'll even ignore my hatred of deisel and suggest an HDi C5 wagon - pulling power, load leveling suspension and some mass surely tows well...?
    Now were taking,
    Sometimes I think my 406 diesel wagon tows better than the Navara, and I've had engines and gearboxes in the back and it still sits level
    David Cavanagh

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

Nope, never had anything to do with a Crewman - leaf sprung rear is not doubt pretty horrible. Maybe take a leaf out and softer it up? Leaf springs just tow well. Foulcan wagons drive/handle/ride pretty well and still tow well, so a softened Crewman could still work...

All utes are dodgy rides - I am just thinking about ones that are based on proper cars having proper secondary safety credentials.
    It's the back seats, there crap (verticle with no leg room). No I haven't travelled in one, just looking through the back window of one will convince you of "no way".

Anyway, horse float == 3ton 4wd as a bare minimum. A small tray truck would probably work too. What can those renault traffic vans tow ?? They'd be bloody heavy, so should tow a float ok.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information