505 S2 GTi Brake warning light
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 505 S2 GTi Brake warning light

Light is on but shouldn't be; level sensor, stop lamps and pad wear wiring all checked not delivering a closed electrical circuit. I believe there is a fault in the detection system, but Haynes book wiring diagram is next to useless...I need to locate the bulb failure detector unit. Can anyone tell me if there is a good set of electrical system diagrams/schematics available or tell me how to locate the bulb failure detector unit?
    Beaucoup thanx
    Simon

Advertisement

Disconnect the leads to the fill switch/level sensor on the brake fluid tank.
    Hold apart and then touch together....does it make a difference????I assume not.

Ensure that all the sensor wires to the pads are disconnected and if you can unplug the extensions to each wheel and make sure they are tied back and not rubbing. Any part of the wires will give you a short to earth and a light "on". (Had this on my old GTI).

Your other alternative is remove the binical and make sure all the wires are in the right place.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Fellow Frogger!

Default Yeah...

Thanks Gamma...I tried those things already plus a few other things. My feeling is there is a fault in the bulb failure (Stop Lamps) detector unit, but I haven't been able to find that unit yet. I thought that maybe someone here might know the area it lives in to give me somewhere to aim for; still wondering how to get better elec diagrams than the Haynes book's. I've only just gotten my hands on this car (88 manual wagon) as a replacement for my dearly departed one of similar vintage...the wiring on this one has been gotten at by something that may not been of had an upright biped's pedigree!
    Regards
    Simon

Hi Simon, I might have some electrical diagrams that might be a help. A kind af member gave them to me for my 505 so I am happy to keep sharing the knowledge! I copied this page using MS Paint from a PDF file. It is from an American 505 Peugeot manual. PM me if you'd like me to send you all the files as I'm not sure this will be suitably legible and/or which ones you may need.
    K

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 505 S2 GTi Brake warning light-505-warning-lights-jpeg.jpg  
    Last edited by okalford; 8th June 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Thread Information