Central locking from inside car - problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Central locking from inside car - problem

Hi All,

I have a Pug 206 (2002 model, 1.6L XT model).

If I want to lock ALL doors from the inside while I drive, I can only do it with the lock on the front passenger side door. The driver's door lock will only lock that one door. This surely cannot be normal right? I only bought the car last week so I don't know what is normal and what is not on the Pug yet.

What could cause the problem and would it be expensive to repair? I'm thinking I'll wait till the next service and get it done by Colliers in Granville.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by D-Zaak View Post
    If I want to lock ALL doors from the inside while I drive, I can only do it with the lock on the front passenger side door. The driver's door lock will only lock that one door. This surely cannot be normal right? I only bought the car last week so I don't know what is normal and what is not on the Pug yet.
    Doesn't sound right, no.

If you use the key in the driver's door lock to lock the car, does it lock the rest of the car's doors?

If all the doors are locked, you have stopped and you try to open the driver's door with the door handle (not the lock), does the rest of the car unlock?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

If you use the key in the driver's door lock to lock the car, does it lock the rest of the car's doors?
    No, locking manually with the key only locks the driver's door.

If all the doors are locked, you have stopped and you try to open the driver's door with the door handle (not the lock), does the rest of the car unlock?
    Yes, if i open the locked driver's door from the inside (using the handle while the door is still locked), all doors unlock.

Could it be electrical/ECU related? I did have a new ECU installed when I got the car (stupid detailers sprayed high pressure hose right on the engine and got water in the original ECU).

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by D-Zaak View Post
    No, locking manually with the key only locks the driver's door.

Yes, if i open the locked driver's door from the inside (using the handle while the door is still locked), all doors unlock.

Could it be electrical/ECU related? I did have a new ECU installed when I got the car (stupid detailers sprayed high pressure hose right on the engine and got water in the original ECU).
    G'day,
    how about the opposite.
    ie using the key in the passenger door,

and/or opening the passenger door from inside?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Tadpole

Hi Guys.

Internet has been down for a few days so I haven't been able to reply for aaages.

Anyway in reply to the previous post,

I have done the same tests on the passenger door locks and central locking works perfectly.

If I lock the passenger door with the key from the outside, it locks ALL doors.

If I have all door locked while I'm inside the car, and I open the passenger door with the handle, it unlocks ALL doors.

Cheers,

Tadpole

Hi All, any updates re: my previous reply?

Hi
    All 206s have door locking problems.
    Have had to change the lock mechanisms several times on each side. Seem to last about 5 years.
    There are two different sorts, with different wiring plugs of course, but mechanically identical. So get the correct one or cut and solder
    Don't by second hand as they will be duds anyway

Thread Information