205 Throttle Linkage - Dual Springs
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 205 Throttle Linkage - Dual Springs

Hey all.

Got my 205 ready for Club Permit in July, however because the car will be used for Autocross events, the CAMS schedule A+B sets out that vehicles must be "fitted with a return mechanism which in the event of any throttle linkage failure will close each throttle;"

Now I can see that there is one spring on the throttle body, however most clubs would look for 2 springs.

Has anyone else been caught by this, and where would be the best place to install the second spring?

Advertisement

Thanks,
    Michael

1987 Peugeot 205 GTI
    Build Thread:
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...ti6-build.html

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by michael_ozzie View Post
    Hey all.

Got my 205 ready for Club Permit in July, however because the car will be used for Autocross events, the CAMS schedule A+B sets out that vehicles must be "fitted with a return mechanism which in the event of any throttle linkage failure will close each throttle;"

Now I can see that there is one spring on the throttle body, however most clubs would look for 2 springs.

Has anyone else been caught by this, and where would be the best place to install the second spring?

Thanks,
    I have never had a problem with scrutineers looking for this, maybe it is only for multiple throttle bodies.
    What did you do on the Pintara?
    Graham

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Graham,
    The Pintara has 2 springs on the throttle, one on the inside, and one on the outside of the linkage. If yours only has one spring, then I should not have an issue with it. Are you heading up to Swan Hill this weekend?
    Michael

1987 Peugeot 205 GTI
    Build Thread:
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...ti6-build.html

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by michael_ozzie View Post
    Thanks Graham,
    The Pintara has 2 springs on the throttle, one on the inside, and one on the outside of the linkage. If yours only has one spring, then I should not have an issue with it. Are you heading up to Swan Hill this weekend?
    Yes, going to Swan Hill. I have got the disc brakes with 306 arms fitted so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
    I will be spectating at the Sea Lake Australian Championship Off Road event for part of Sunday.
    Graham

Thread Information