405 srdt muffler
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default 405 srdt muffler

been procrastinating over fitting a through flow muffler to my wifes car as i was expecting complaints about the extra noise ,but the difference is hardly noticeable ,pick up is heaps better, mid range particularly, holds better on a long clime, heaps better all round PUGS

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

No doubt you've read this article?

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Ou...4/article.html

Expect to see you start modifying the ait intake and tinkering with the injection timing next .

An elderly friend of mine has an SRDT wagon - goes nicely, but the power band is so narrow! It's obviously just waiting to be "woken up".

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

Default intake

i did have a pod filter in the right hand front ,just behind the headlight ,mounted in a 5 litre thinners can [covered in foam] with the side taken out so it sucked air up and not from the front ,[water] have reverted back as it didnt seem to make much difference ,exept make it sound like a boat ,that was with the old engine and it was chucking out a bit of oil from the breather ,onto the pod ,haveing to clean it all the time ,might try it again with the new motor ,but will have to muffle the intake noise some how PUGS

Fellow Frogger!

I cut out the middle muffler and the u bend in a similar engine on a Citroen BX and I found the same. Not much increase in noise, but the turbo now cuts in earlier and pulls higher/later too.

Erik

Fellow Frogger!

I had the same thought and changed from the original to a high flow muffler and am embarrassed to say it made exactly bugger all difference other than the $200 lighter wallet.Oh well Such is life.
    Regards Dennis.

1000+ Posts

Default could be

my system is not standard,it has only a straight pipe from the engine to rear muffler, and to make it worse my muffler was $120 fitted PUGS

Thread Information