405 SRDT 97 Air in Fuel line
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 SRDT 97 Air in Fuel line

My Car starts after standing over night very badly and there is a lot of blue smoke.I have put a new Battery in it. New Glowplugs. all new O Rings in Fuel filter. I have discovered that when i Prime the system with the the Rubber egg until it is getting hard in the morning the car will start quite easily. During the day withe 2 times Glowpluging there is no issue. Now someone suggested to me to put a electric Fuel Pump near the Tank. It should make the starting much easier. It should also makes the car run better. I have a recondition Bosch Diesel Pump fitted 2 Years ago. What do you think I could do?
    Cheers

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veels View Post
    My Car starts after standing over night very badly and there is a lot of blue smoke.I have put a new Battery in it. New Glowplugs. all new O Rings in Fuel filter. I have discovered that when i Prime the system with the the Rubber egg until it is getting hard in the morning the car will start quite easily. During the day withe 2 times Glowpluging there is no issue. Now someone suggested to me to put a electric Fuel Pump near the Tank. It should make the starting much easier. It should also makes the car run better. I have a recondition Bosch Diesel Pump fitted 2 Years ago. What do you think I could do?
    Cheers
    replace the fuel primer bulb
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts

Default second that

the primer not only pumps, but has a one way valve in it which prevents fuel from running back to the tank if you have to pump it up its, running back PUGS

Tadpole

Thanks for the Tip i get a new one

Would love to know how this worked out for you.

Cheers.

Thread Information