XN1 Coolant capacity inquiry
  • Register
  • Help

Default XN1 Coolant capacity inquiry

Hi all, my (2 litre 504 powered) 404 wagon is now running an early 505 (GR?) auto radiator, and I'm wondering what the overall coolant capacity would be-presumably now the same as an early, 2 litre pushrod 505? Can anyone could tell me the coolant capacity in litres for this set up? I should add that the heater matrix has been bypassed, so possibly that takes a bit out of the equation? I will continue to run the non-glycol based Penrite product in my cooling system, unless someone can convine me otherwise? Thanks,
    Nigel

Advertisement

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

the circuit does not vary so much between XC and XN engines. The radiator even changes shapes, but is not that much. The 404 original, takes from completely empty (which is hard to achieve on an assembled engine) 8.4/8.9 L including heater. On the case of new radiator and all the extras, this increases 800cm3.

I repeat, this is from completely empty. On normal change, you may reach 6L as much.

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Thread Information