series one/series two mirrors
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default series one/series two mirrors

I have to put a new mirror on the left hand front door of my 505 wagon. This is for a Dangel 4WD I have imported. It is in Perth so I am flying a bit blind. It was knocked back for roadworthy because the left hand door mirror does not adjust. It has copped a wack somewhere and has been bodgied up a bit and because it won't adjust the man in authority says no.

I have two perfectly good series one mirrors but not knowing if the car has series one or series two doors I am a bit lost. It is a 1988 model. Does anyone know if the doors are pressed the same and will these series one mirrors go on without any dramas.

The fellow working on the car for me says he thinks the mirrors on it now are possibly 405 anyway.

Failing being able to put Peugeot mirros on it I guess we could always go down to Supacheap and get an aftermarket one. Any thoughts. Regards Graham

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by grahammac View Post
    I have to put a new mirror on the left hand front door of my 505 wagon. This is for a Dangel 4WD I have imported. It is in Perth so I am flying a bit blind. It was knocked back for roadworthy because the left hand door mirror does not adjust. It has copped a wack somewhere and has been bodgied up a bit and because it won't adjust the man in authority says no.

I have two perfectly good series one mirrors but not knowing if the car has series one or series two doors I am a bit lost. It is a 1988 model. Does anyone know if the doors are pressed the same and will these series one mirrors go on without any dramas.

The fellow working on the car for me says he thinks the mirrors on it now are possibly 405 anyway.

Failing being able to put Peugeot mirros on it I guess we could always go down to Supacheap and get an aftermarket one. Any thoughts. Regards Graham
    It sounds like the car is a lost cause. I'm sure I could find the space for a basket case like this for a token price.
    504 GL Coupe '73 Silver
    504 GTDT Pickup Mini-Motorhome '83 Coral Red
    407 HDi Sedan '05

Fellow Frogger!

how about a picture if possible Graham?
    I think I have a lh series 2 mirror

Colin

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Uffee View Post
    It sounds like the car is a lost cause. I'm sure I could find the space for a basket case like this for a token price.
    Mirror problem solved.

But I will be going close to Adelaide on the 4 Deserts Trip in a few weeks so there is a chance for you to sniff the tailpipe. Regards Graham

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    how about a picture if possible Graham?
    I think I have a lh series 2 mirror

Colin
    Thanks Colin we worked out it is a Series Two mirror with a lever. I am now the proud owner of two LH side ones and three right hand side ones. Nothing like having a stock in the parts department.

Hope you are well. When is the Canberra Week end. I might be on my way back to catch up with Hank and the team at Nhill around then and I would love to see the show. Regards Graham

Mirror problem solved.

But I will be going close to Adelaide on the 4 Deserts Trip in a few weeks so there is a chance for you to sniff the tailpipe. Regards Graham
    I'd be pretty keen to have a gander under one. How'd did the rego bloke react to the fabricated front suspension?
    504 GL Coupe '73 Silver
    407 HDi Sedan '05

Fellow Frogger!

I'd be pretty keen to have a gander under one. How'd did the rego bloke react to the fabricated front suspension?
    Don't understand your question. The car is stock standard as produced by the Dangel factory in France. They took 504's and 505's off the production line and converted them to 4WD.
    To answer you question he didn't have a problem with the car because it has all the factory compliance plates attached. Regards Graham

Don't understand your question. The car is stock standard as produced by the Dangel factory in France. They took 504's and 505's off the production line and converted them to 4WD.
    To answer you question he didn't have a problem with the car because it has all the factory compliance plates attached. Regards Graham
    From all the pics I've seen, the steering knuckle is fabricated and the authorities in Australia can be picky about that, even though as you rightly point out, the car was build like that.

Is it RHD or LHD?
    504 GL Coupe '73 Silver
    407 HDi Sedan '05

Fellow Frogger!

good news it has passed Graham , very keen to check out a real one in the flesh

17 june is Waterloo Day in Canberra

Cheers
    Colin

Mmmmm! I'd LOVE a Dangel to do my future FWDing in!

Can't wait to see some pics, Graham!

Is it in Perth?! *plans a train robbery*

Fellow Frogger!

From all the pics I've seen, the steering knuckle is fabricated and the authorities in Australia can be picky about that, even though as you rightly point out, the car was build like that.

Is it RHD or LHD?
    Fabricated by Dangel and fitted to the car on their assembly line at converstion to 4WD. I have a Dangel in France and the knuckles are exactly the same. They are also similar to the knucles on all the new Peugeot Dangel 4WD Partner vans so they are a successful design and very very well made and strong. The authorities had absolutly no problem except I had to change a worn balljoint. Which was a bit tricky because it had to come from the Dangel factory in France. I purchased four of them because that was all they had left. Regards Graham

Thread Information