The new 4008
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: The new 4008

Default The new 4008

The local rag today had a feature on the new 4008.
    I have been looking at whatever i could find on these, and am especially interested because we have a Mitsubishi ASX which we bought late last year.
    The similarities are extensive - drivetrain, door, roof panels, windows and dashboard. Even though the writeup said the dash was different I noted all I scould see and went out to the garage and looked in the ASX and everything looks the same, except the emblem in the steering wheel centre. Maybe the Pug has slightly different bits and pieces (hard to tell from the pics) but the layout is identical, right down to the A/C control knobs.
    They are also built in Japan, which in my opinion is a good thing; notwithstanding that I am a Peugeot man and had a 3008 before the current ASX.
    Apart from a couple of things like auto lights and wipers there doesn't seem to be much difference. The writer did comment that the ride quality was a bit harsher than the ASX, but the actual; drive was identical (it should be, same engine and trans). As soon as one lands in the dealer I'll have a good look.
    A different world now...who would have thought a french icon built in Japan.

Advertisement
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

1000+ Posts

Hi-Apparently they have changed the track of the front end.There may be some other changes that I just cannot recall @ the moment.
    There has certainly been plenty of excellent press info up this way recently-In fact I have never seen anything so good about Pugs.-not that I have seen every press release over the years but it seems Sime-Darby have at last found a flag to wave.
    Trust it will be wall rewarded.

Pekay.

Quote Originally Posted by pekay49 View Post
    Hi-Apparently they have changed the track of the front end.There may be some other changes that I just cannot recall @ the moment.
    There has certainly been plenty of excellent press info up this way recently-In fact I have never seen anything so good about Pugs.-not that I have seen every press release over the years but it seems Sime-Darby have at last found a flag to wave.
    Trust it will be wall rewarded.

Pekay.
    Agreed they sound great on paper. But why would you not go and but the ASX for less money?

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Agreed they sound great on paper. But why would you not go and but the ASX for less money?
    Oh I dunno, some people cannot bear the thought of driving an itsubitshiti - without the badge they may just get away with it.

The interior and exterior styling is different in many subtle ways.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Im looking forward to the Citroen version coming out if it makes it here..

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Oh I dunno, some people cannot bear the thought of driving an itsubitshiti - without the badge they may just get away with it.

The interior and exterior styling is different in many subtle ways.
    Very, very subtle as far as I can see (from photos only). Had a 2010 3008 as i mentioned before and the ride was 'choppy' and the car wasn't particularly 'tight'. Still very good though. Report said the ride on the 'ASX copy' was a bit harsh...not for me. I don't care about the badges anymore, and most people consider French cars to be sh..t anyway. Add the 5 year warrantee, 1/2 the price servicing, and the ASX is as tight as a drum...16,000ks so far and not the tiniest squeek, rattle or wind noise from the windows. Both Built in Japan and although I am a Pug and Citroen fan the Japs have it in the quality stakes.
    I wouldn't go back to the Peugeot and certainly wouldn't pay more for one.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Thread Information