peugeot 205 dash board.
  • Register
  • Help

Default peugeot 205 dash board.

hi guys, ever since i bought my 89 205 GTI ive had nothing but problems . first it was getting it registered. ( 3 times though the pits, with exhaust problems and lack of engine numbers) then the oil came, and ohhh did it come. now its the dash board and indicator stalk.

problems with the dash.

1. heater nobs are a bit fuddy duddy. 2 have alot of resistance and one has none at all. ( the middle one has none at all )

2. the indicators/ stalk have minds of their own. hazzards work but the indicators only work for a few seconds. if im lucky.

3. the lid for the coin pocket is retarded. its broken and will not come out. the rattles get to you after a while.

does anyone know where i can source parts or how i can fix these problems. ohh and if i have to step by step instruction on how to dis install the dash with out it falling to peices.

i have no regrets with this car although they are tempermental in fiddly.
    cheers.

sorry to sound like a little girl. but i would like to have the car rattle free and in working order.

Advertisement

A rattle free 205 would have no dashboard. I left out all those bits that rattle. I don't need them.

the indicators in mine suffer from rheumatism or something else weather related because they only work on fine weather. The nice thing is they have different symptoms every time.

One problem I have managed to fix turned out to be a rear indicator globe which did not make contact with the little blade that is pushing on its little bottom contact. I melted the solder in a nice round blob and put some contact grease on it.

Most of the time a punch in the offending light will fix it. For a short while at least.

The relay now has a buzz that comes and goes (again with the weather), but I don't worry about it anymore.

The plastic shrinks in cold weather and the fan makes this god-awful high pitched noise until it is hot enough for the turbine to not scrape the casing. Doesn't bother me anymore. Crank up the stereo to drown it.

The stereo becomes mono in hard right hand turns, and loses volume on brake. Comes back full on under hard acceleration, so now I use it as a G Force meter. Passenger door lock only works half. Which half, is part of the surprise (i.e. sometimes it doesn't fully unlock, sometimes it doesn't lock fully).

Trunk light turns on when you shout at it, turns off when it feels like it.

Wipers don't park if they're bored or a public holiday. I don't care.

Radiator fans never come on with temperature, but everything in the system works (in isolation).

Driving lights come on but they only help kangaroos read the paper. Or magpies, whatever is in the bushes just as long as they're not on the road.

Rear screen heater works perfectly.

Get with the programme.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

for the lights (blinkers included) start by cleaning the mass points. You will find them right next to each light on the backside. Take the plastic bag of it, just take out the cables and clean everything very good so all the rust is away. Then see if the blinkers still act up. If yes, it will be the module of the blinkers that has started to fade away.
    www.peugeotforum.be
    Belgium Peugeot Club

cheers guys will try that.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    The stereo becomes mono in hard right hand turns, and loses volume on brake. Comes back full on under hard acceleration, so now I use it as a G Force meter.

Driving lights come on but they only help kangaroos read the paper. Or magpies, whatever is in the bushes just as long as they're not on the road.
    Thanks schlitz...these made me laugh...quite heartily, which given it's a miserable cold Melbourne Monday morning is quite an achievement.

Default patience is a virtue

Quote Originally Posted by le frogg 205 View Post
    hi guys, ever since i bought my 89 205 GTI ive had nothing but problems . first it was getting it registered. ( 3 times though the pits, with exhaust problems and lack of engine numbers) then the oil came, and ohhh did it come. now its the dash board and indicator stalk.

problems with the dash.

1. heater nobs are a bit fuddy duddy. 2 have alot of resistance and one has none at all. ( the middle one has none at all )

2. the indicators/ stalk have minds of their own. hazzards work but the indicators only work for a few seconds. if im lucky.

3. the lid for the coin pocket is retarded. its broken and will not come out. the rattles get to you after a while.

does anyone know where i can source parts or how i can fix these problems. ohh and if i have to step by step instruction on how to dis install the dash with out it falling to peices.

i have no regrets with this car although they are tempermental in fiddly.
    cheers.

sorry to sound like a little girl. but i would like to have the car rattle free and in working order.
    I can almost guarantee that problem (1) is either:

• that the swivel behind the knob of the speed control has jumped off when switching from fresh intake of air to re-circulation.
    • the cables that control the vents have slipped away from the clips that hold them in place.
    • Or the fan module thingy (up against the firewall near the fan motor) has crapped it or short circuited.

Your dash wont fall to pieces - begin with the gearstick gator and surround- cluster surround - central controls and fascia - then the bolts far left and right - then just wiggle the mother flipper out of there! fUN times!!!

good luck

cheers for that. will be a great help.

Carefull with the binicle suround, you will break it if you dont get all the screws. Im in canberra, i have removed my previouse 205 s one about 20 times. im happy to show you, just pm me your phone number to co ordinate it. I also have a new indicator stalk in the box , you can test with this but I wont sell it, I might have a second hand one i would part with . Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by pug-life View Post
    I can almost guarantee that problem (1) is either:

• that the swivel behind the knob of the speed control has jumped off when switching from fresh intake of air to re-circulation.
    • the cables that control the vents have slipped away from the clips that hold them in place.
    • Or the fan module thingy (up against the firewall near the fan motor) has crapped it or short circuited.

Your dash wont fall to pieces - begin with the gearstick gator and surround- cluster surround - central controls and fascia - then the bolts far left and right - then just wiggle the mother flipper out of there! fUN times!!!

good luck
    There's another three bolts on top holding the dash to the bulkhead, you can see the nuts under the plastic trim/cover where the wiper motor is housed in front of the windshield.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

its not so much finding the bolts/screws its puting them back. when bits a broken.

cheers for the info.
    Last edited by le frogg 205; 29th May 2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    There's another three bolts on top holding the dash to the bulkhead, you can see the nuts under the plastic trim/cover where the wiper motor is housed in front of the windshield.
    true....

Thread Information